Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2014, 15:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Biker to Cager to Biker again! My pre-owned Pulsar 150

Congrats on your new bike . Pulsars are indeed good machines to own being friendly to the pocket. I own a 2005 FTB P180 ,nearly 10 years . Used to get a lot of attention in the intial days. It has now done little over 65k and is doing well without any engine jobs. Power has reduced a bit ,bit I think it will hit 100k mark.
I change MRF zappers from R15 for my second set of tires . Eventhought the profile was low it had excellent grip.Lasted around 25k kms. Now changed to Sirac and I'm not satisfied with their grip level especially wet and sand.

Last edited by bullboy : 10th October 2014 at 15:31.
Old 10th October 2014, 17:09   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Interesting because I called up a few MRF exclusive shops and they are quoting 2600 for Zapper S which is 100/90 - 17. Planning to visit Cherrys and check.
Zapper S is 100/80-17

Usually Cherry agencies quote higher price. But check with them once

The below mentioned MRF shops will have stocks most of the time. Call them up once. Just Dial for the details

Sri Sapthagiri Tyres in Chamarajpet
Sri Banashankari Tyres opposite PES PU college
Maruti Tyres MRF in Vijayanagar (Near Attiguppe)
Old 11th October 2014, 05:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion, how much does it retail for and what size are you using?
welcome
as for size, its 100/90 - 17 rear and 3.00-17 front(which is actually a rear one but i wanted a fatter front tyre.

2.75-17 size is available for front aswell.
3.00-17 front isnt recommended though and flickability/handling has altered a bit, but i am used to it now and love the overall feel and grip on highways and bad stretch of roads. bike does appear to be more stable aswell.

as for price, i got these about 4-5 months back, both tyres cost me about 3800 INR, got a good deal, i believe the rear one should be around 2000 INR.
Old 12th October 2014, 08:57   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratzgh1 View Post
What I have concluded after being a Bajaj user for over a decade now, is that they make bikes with excellent engines - Powerful and economic. But the other parts used are always trial and error experiments.
And I had the P-180 V1, purchased in Nov '03. I had an issue with its chain & sprockets, rest it worked fine. Prior to selling it off, I really had made the bike like new, tight & shiny with Pirelli SD's. Rode the bike for 25,000+ kms prior to selling off.

Quote:
Yes true about the other parts such as brakes, electricals but frankly the switches are of excellent build as they still have the same tackiness as probably when they were new.
They are yet to attain the metallurgicallevel of Japs, but have really closed the gap with its P-200NS.

Despite revving the bike to its limits everytime, nothing went wrong, though the subsequent purchase had its valves changed at half the distance.
Old 15th October 2014, 13:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all for the wishes, as for the tires I have not been able to find time to get that done. So probably this weekend I would venture out and see what I get.

RTO Transfer Update
In other things I finished the RTO formalities today successfully all alone without any help and in 2 hours flat, though I had to run around somewhat the satisfaction at the end is priceless. Let me jot down the step-by-step way I applied for the transfer, so that it might be helpful for other fellow bikers.

Step 1: Documents: Get the following documents in place before even venturing into the RTO
  1. CMV Form 29 in duplicate filled and signed by the transferor (seller)
  2. CMV Form 30 only one copy filled and signed by both the transferor (seller) and transferee (buyer)
  3. B- Extract in original. This can be taken from any Bangalore One centers. For other cities you might need to check with the RTO
  4. One copy of your (i.e. buyer) address proof
  5. One copy of your identity proof. In my case I submitted the passport copy so both address and identity became one.
  6. One passport size photograph. Paste it on one of the CMV Form 29
  7. Insurance original or the print out
  8. One copy of the PUC
  9. One threaded envelope with the requisite stamps paste (in my case it was Rs. 17) as well as your (transferee’s address, bike number, and mobile number) details written on top of the envelope. This will actually be used to send you the new smart card.

Step 2: Filing: Get all of the above documents inside a file folder with a thread tag to tie them up

Step 3: Verification: My RTO is Bangalore Central (KA-01), wherein I had to go to counter 5 to get these documents verified.

Step 4: Payment: The person verifying the documents will mention the fees that needs to be paid. For me it was a total of Rs. 280 (inclusive of smart card fees)

Step 5: Attaching the Challan: Attached both the copies of the challan that you received in Step 4 inside your file. Make sure that both the copies are at the top.

Step 6: Getting the signature: Next take the file to get the signature of the vehicle transfer officer. In KA-01 it’s the counter number 11

Step 7: Re-verification: Now approach the verification counter once again to get the signature and rest of the things verified. For me I had to put the old smart card inside the envelope and tie it at the end in the file folder

Step 8: Acknowledgement: Once the verifier gives the green signal, go and get the acknowledgement receipt. In KA-01 it is given by the data entry operators sitting behind the counters. You can walk inside and take the same.

Step 9: Submitting: Finally the time has come to submit the file. Go back to the verifier show the acknowledgement receipt. They will stamp the receipt and take the file. That’s it, you are all done.

So after 9 steps you can walk out of the RTO all smiles knowing that you did well and you will get the new smart card within 30 days. If you want it earlier come back to the RTO in 10 days with the acknowledgement receipt and they might give it to you if it’s not been posted.

The above steps I could give after I had to go through some 12 steps as I did not know about the B-extract, envelope etc.

Time Spent: 2 hours
Money Spent:
RTO Fees – Rs. 280
File folder – Rs. 5
Threaded Envelope – Rs. 5
Stamps – Rs. 17
-------------------------------------
Total – Rs. 307
-------------------------------------
Bribes Given: Rs. 0

Last edited by motomaverick : 15th October 2014 at 13:19.
motomaverick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 10:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Update: 20th Oct
  1. The bike has been performing like a workhorse, the initial tankful of 13 liters is still going strong with the odo currently at 370kms and the needle just about reaching half way mark. So I am guessing it is giving stupendous mileage. This is even after the service and me tuning the bike (3.5 turns out from closed).
  2. In other update, the RPM meter which was kaput from day 1 finally got repaired. Bajaj folks wanted to replace the entire assembly but I tried my local garage and that fellow repaired the RPM meter by changing the circuit board which was burnt. All this for 500 bucks.

LED'fication
In my quest to lessen the burden on the bike electrical I had plans of changing all the smaller light bulbs to LED, so the search is on. Following are the bulbs that I am planning to change.
  • Inside Speedo: There are a total of 4 T10-W5 bulbs inside the speed, so planning to change does.
    Biker to Cager to Biker again! My pre-owned Pulsar 150-t1banqxldexxxkarc2_044803.jpg
    source

• Pilot: 2 pilot lights will be changed which are again T15-W5 variants. However, it was mentioned E4E on the bulb, not sure what that means.
    Biker to Cager to Biker again! My pre-owned Pulsar 150-61hrpgkgkvl._sy355_.jpg
    source

• Indicators: I want to change all 4 of the bulbs. I need orange ones but not sure of the holder type, any inputs.
  • Taillight: Now taillight has both 5w and 20w in the same bulb, so need to find a suitable LED. I think its 1157 holder.
    Biker to Cager to Biker again! My pre-owned Pulsar 150-1157r19w6ledcarbulbstore01.jpg
    source
Old 22nd October 2014, 12:56   #22
BHPian

Hi Motomaverick,

I own a P220 Streetfighter edition (the limited edition one with the normal fairing). I tried a few led mods on the pilot lamps and indicators part so can throw some "light" here. My answers below:

Quote:
[*]Pilot: 2 pilot lights will be changed which are again T15-W5 variants. However, it was mentioned E4E on the bulb, not sure what that means.

For pilot lamps, do try these LED projector bulbs from Bull Led available on Ebay India. I have been using them for almost a year now but one of them is flickering now. Also these LED emit a blue-white light so may not go well with the stock halogen yellow headlight if you are particular about it.

See link
Bull LED

[*]Indicators: I want to change all 4 of the bulbs. I need orange ones but not sure of the holder type, any inputs.

The indicator holder type is BA 1156. The problem with this is that the flashing speed will be faster than normal 0.5 sec lag due to less wattage. Some don't like it (me including). Another issue is that getting amber colour leds are a tough task. I have got 2 sets but both turned out to be red than amber. So not looking into them for the moment. If you do find, pls do let me know.
Cheers
Srinath

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks