Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2014, 21:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing

Not sure if the ride is better than Activa because they have similar suspension set ups. The only scooters who ride better are the one's with telescopic front suspension. We currently have a Honda Dio at home and everytime I go over a medium sized bump I curse myself for not buying the Aviator at the time.
Old 31st October 2014, 10:48   #17
Team-BHP Support

Hero Maestro - Such A Boy Thing

I have a maestro in the garage as well. Done close to 10k kms now. It was bought for wife, but ever since she resigned her job- I use it for small errands around town.

Few points I'd like to add-

1. I just love the space on offer. With my height (5"11'), I had a 6" guy sit behind and he wasn't touching me anywhere. Moreover, the legroom at the front is fantastic.

2. Ride quality is nice. Didn't experience any of the shuddering mentioned, and my scooter regularly does speeds of around 80+ on the highway. Also doesn't feel very unbalanced as some of the other scooters I've driven. May be the weight helps.

I haven't used the new Activa, but this is much better compared to the earlier ones.

3. 'Hero' badge below the instrument cluster was stolen on day one. I would advise owners to remove it and stick it with proper glue once again. Hero dealers in Bangalore have not been able to source it for us.

4. Have faced a serious issue once where the accelerator cable got stuck at the wide open position. Can only be termed as a blessing from god that my wife escaped unhurt that day. She was joining a side lane on to the expressway and couldn't stop the vehicle even after jamming the brakes hard since the throttle was giving max power. Ended up crossing a 6 lane expressway without stopping, all the way to the other end.

However, service guys immediately identified the issue with some cable and mentioned that this issue was there only in the initial batches. Haven't faced any problems since then!

5. Headlamp spread is nice for a scooter. High beam is quite powerful too!

6. Service costs have been within 700- 800 rupees every 2500 kms.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 31st October 2014 at 10:52.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 23:17   #18
BHPian

Completed 200 kms. Getting an average of 35 kmpl. Hope it improves after first service. My mirrors get loose inspite of the tightening of the nut. Any solutions to keep the mirror in place?
Old 1st November 2014, 10:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
4. Have faced a serious issue once where the accelerator cable got stuck at the wide open position. Can only be termed as a blessing from god that my wife escaped unhurt that day. She was joining a side lane on to the expressway and couldn't stop the vehicle even after jamming the brakes hard since the throttle was giving max power. Ended up crossing a 6 lane expressway without stopping, all the way to the other end.

However, service guys immediately identified the issue with some cable and mentioned that this issue was there only in the initial batches. Haven't faced any problems since then!
One more instance of the manufacturers skimping on having a recall. An issue of this nature could have deadly consequences!!
Old 1st November 2014, 18:40   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on your new scooter and wish you a trouble free experience until you have it. Being a Hero there is no doubt about that.

I see that you have purchased your Maestro from Fortpoint and even I have had purchased my ex bike from Mr. Vikesh at Forpoint about 2.5 years ago. Though you've had a decent purchasing experience mine wasn't anything so great.

I do like the instrument cluster, keyhole - quite stylish and detailed and the useful storage space below.

Last edited by ciddharth : 1st November 2014 at 18:41.
Old 2nd November 2014, 10:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciddharth View Post
Congratulations on your new scooter and wish you a trouble free experience until you have it. Being a Hero there is no doubt about that.

I see that you have purchased your Maestro from Fortpoint and even I have had purchased my ex bike from Mr. Vikesh at Forpoint about 2.5 years ago. Though you've had a decent purchasing experience mine wasn't anything so great.

I do like the instrument cluster, keyhole - quite stylish and detailed and the useful storage space below.
Thanks for the wishes ciddharth. Yes, I purchased my scooter from Fortpoint Hero, Mahim. One of the reasons I bought the Maestro for was for the awesome instrument cluster.
Old 3rd November 2014, 23:40   #22
BHPian

Did a highway run today. The scooter has really good pickup and is able to cope up with other vehicles on the road. Odometer is currently at 254 kms. The brakes are a bit dissapointing and the right brake is useless and needs to be pulled hard to be effective. I always use the rear brakes since they are much more effective.
Old 11th November 2014, 15:54   #23
BHPian

Currently the scooter has run 375 kms. The scooter has been trouble free till now. Recently bought Monster riding gloves and also put some Team-BHP stickers on the scooter. I am waiting for the first service to happen which will be at 500 kms. Can anyone suggest me a good accessories shop near Shivaji Park, Mumbai?
Old 22nd November 2014, 12:35   #24
BHPian

Gave the scooter for 500 kms first service. Service Advisor has asked to change engine oil, do engine flushing and teflon coating. Total service cost was Rs 800. Will get the scooter by 5.30pm today.
Old 22nd November 2014, 18:03   #25
BHPian

Got the scooter back from service. Oil was changed, engine flushing was done and teflon coating was done. The scooter was all sticky when given. They tightened the brake levers and also adjusted the mirrors.
Here is the bill :-
Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing-imgpage001-edit.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing-imgpage001.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2014, 18:39   #26
BHPian

How was the 800 Rs. divided up?

The first service is a free service and should not have cost that much, I assume the Engine flushing and Teflon coating was extra.
Old 22nd November 2014, 19:41   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarshah View Post
How was the 800 Rs. divided up?

The first service is a free service and should not have cost that much, I assume the Engine flushing and Teflon coating was extra.
You can refer to the bill which I have posted above. Teflon coating and Engine flushing was extra but the SA advised to do it so did it without any fuss.
Old 24th November 2014, 11:51   #28
BHPian

It is not only stylish but also bears a lot of distinct features. Looks and style are stunning and it has bold lines giving it a very masculine and dynamic look. This hero maestro gets combine braking system that triggers both brakes while pressing just the left side of the lever resulting in a very efficient braking.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing-heromotocorp_maestro390.jpg  

Old 26th November 2014, 20:20   #29
BHPian

Re: Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing

Planning to fit a seat cover for the scooter. Does anyone have an idea about the cost of a seat cover?
Old 29th November 2014, 18:35   #30
BHPian

Re: Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing

Completed 600 kms on the ODO. Mileage has increased from 35 kmpl to 45 kmpl. Does installing a Xenon bulb void the warranty of the scooter? Planning to install this :-
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Speedwav-Xeno...-/181394790126

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks