Team-BHP - Endless roads: Vagabond on a Hero Passion Xpro
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Endless roads: Vagabond on a Hero Passion Xpro (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/157176-endless-roads-vagabond-hero-passion-xpro.html)

It was a usual Friday morning – incessantly late for college, a grossly incomplete submission despite burning the midnight oil and I wasn't feeling fresh at all to carry on with the day. I reached college a good ten minutes late and before I would enter the classroom I sneaked away casually from the premises and started my bike. My friends didn't have any work either, so I didn't find any logic in witnessing the melodrama in college akin to all the soaps on TV.

Let me introduce my new little beauty whom I have christened Niyana. Don’t ask me why – it just randomly came while riding that day and sounds good for something perceived as a non-living object by general everyday folks.

Niyana is practical, pragmatic and poised. She came into my life this Diwali midst much excitement. A long wait for about 15 days and having to deal with the absence of my former seemed like eternity.

With the onset of autumn – or rather just a cooler and crisper weather in Mumbai, it was the perfect weather and mood to spend some time alone on the bike. I needed a dose of relaxation. There were no plans, no traffic, and no tension - just nature, a calm mind and lack of words to describe the wonderful machine I was sitting on while appreciating the scenery passing by. Anyway, coming back to the random road trip that I did – I just went where the road and Niyana took me. This trip was important to me as it removed all my fears that I’d faced with my former and that was when I actually found her worth.

There was hardly any cash in hand, no water, no food – just my assignment and stationery and drafting equipment in my backpack (and obviously Niyana’s birth documents), her stomach was half filled with fuel from before and a simple jacket.

The trip meter read at 216 km from home – the extremely beautiful neo-classical themed suburb of Mumbai nestled on the hills and designed by the Starchitect, Mr. Hafeez Contractor. I headed towards the much well planned, better roads and infrastructure city master planned by the eminent architect Mr. Charles Correa – Navi Mumbai.

I made sure I rode carefully and not exceed 50 kph and maintained at that. The wind blew on my face. I didn't have to shift gears.

Most mundane of activities captured my heart and eye that day. I saw the sun rising on my mirror, mothers waving their children goodbye at their school bus, people waiting patiently at the bus stop for going to work.

Office-goers and truckers were driving in a race against time. Taxi and rickshaw drivers were washing their vehicles collectively in a rivulet or a broken pipe hurriedly.

Shopkeepers and vegetable vendors offering their prayers before commencing their day, those droopy sorrowful eyes of the beggar, the limping stray dog and so many small things that one otherwise wouldn't stop to notice or give a second thought.

Google maps didn’t work for some reason. I stopped listening to music after I was warned by the cops eons ago. I could only hear the sweet thrum of her engine. Not throaty or loud – buzzy and a low hum on being revved. Almost car like (okay, not exactly) but not economical sounding at all.

I headed ahead leaving the city behind and was venturing towards the industrial zone of the satellite city – Mahape then towards Kalamboli junction and JNPT.

With the back drop of mangroves, sea and the slow rising sun with a slight hint of mist and smog – the entire approach seemed as if I was in a game play of GTA 3 or VC, SA in Liberty City. I refreshed my childhood memories when I first played that in 2003.

By then I even thought of comparing passing cars to the game such as the old gen Camry to the Kuruma, the Mitsubishi Voyager to the Moonbeam, the Tempo Trax to the Rumpo. If I think of the resemblances then maybe we have to open another thread – it would be great if someone can identify the resemblances to some Indian cars.

I carried on. I crossed Panvel, Shedung till I realised I had lost track of time and reached the windy roads of Khopoli and further to Lonavla. Mind you, I was physically fatigued as I had not slept completely the previous night, but not once did I feel bogged while riding. There was no shoulder or back pain, leg pain nor did my bottom hurt. I did squirm backwards and forwards on the seat but only to avoid cramps.

By now the sun was high up but with the approach of the hill station the weather was extremely cool. Niyana beckoned me to click some of her snaps to which I obliged. By now the scenery was too pretty and breathtaking and I halted a number of times to see the plateaus and the tiny houses on the valley. A plume of smoke rising from somewhere, it was a cloudless blue sky. All this being reflected on water bodies here and there. A fleet of sheep were scampering down the road.

A point came where the roads became too steep, but Niyana went along smoothly by downshifting once. I didn't want to strain her new born heart.

The point was amazing where the Express Highway and Old Highway almost overlap each other and cross side by side. It is also extremely confusing, which I shall come to a little later. These are again roads which almost everyone has covered a hundred times on cars and bikes alike – but on bike it is different and more so when you are riding aimlessly without a time limit.

All the familiar 01, 02, 03 and 04 MH number plates had vanished. By now there were only MH 14 AND 12 number plates. Even the number of cars had reduced drastically. Sometimes the road was totally free.

I absolutely loved to see the army camps and single or 2-storeyed battered - utilitarian staff quarters midst vast tracts of dry grass, little students coming out of Kendriya Vidyalay on Dehu road on the outskirts of Pune – all of which reeked of discipline, simplicity and a sense of isolation which seems appealing to me.

It was 11.30 am when I reached Pimpri Chinchwad. Ironically, I crossed the Bajaj Factory and Force Motors. Yaawwnnn...zzzz... Traffic increased. I thought I would touch Pune city but didn't want to. So, I turned back from a globe junction very close to Force and took the same route back to Mumbai... halted plenty of times to keep myself replenished with fluids. The discs work well.

Since I covered the rural parts of Pune, I noticed how popular the CD Deluxe is. Not even Splendor, only the CD. Some carrying a stack of hay, some bucket loads of fruits on either sides, tools and hardware – 3 pillions or an entire family and what not.

Meanwhile some pilgrims did ask me for a lift. I ignored them as I was extremely sleepy by now and didn't want to strain my wrists further as there was a good 150 kms to go. Perhaps I faced their curse for ignoring them.

As I entered Khandala I lost my way at that 'confusing highway spot' which I mentioned earlier. There were sharp turns like a roller coaster. It gave a sense of being at the edge of a cliff. I was LOST.

I knew that bikes are strictly not allowed on the Expressway and I accidentally entered there. It was a point of no return. I was heading back towards Pune again. There were 2 U turns but then I didn't know where it was heading to and at such high speeds it is risky to take a sudden right. Cars were too fast and trucks were too slow and felt sandwiched between them. I marginally increased my speed, switched on my headlight.

I entered a long tunnel. My heart skipped a beat when there was a traffic cop whom I crossed. I thought of asking him for help. I thought of asking the halted and broken down truckers. The highway assistance numbers were there everywhere. Still I carried on. I just didn't feel right. There was fatigue. There were only 2 bars left on my FE meter.

Luckily I found an exit at Lonavla. Phew! My throat was dry. I went back to town crossing the same roads. Everything seemed familiar again. A sense of déjà-vu prevailed on crossing the same landmarks, people clicking selfies, the handcarts and all - like in Kylie Minogue’s 'Come into my World video.

I repeated the same mistake when the route took me that same spot again; I even went halfway down the highway this time with more confidence. But I didn't want to do a Kylie again. There is a non-descript road below the Expressway which leads to Khopoli to the old highway on which I wanted to go, but idiotic google maps failed again. I asked a local for directions who misguided me to what actually was going to Pen instead of Panvel. The roads were unfamiliar. That is when I actually felt like a vagabond.

The site of unfamiliarity is tempting yet haunting. The detour was like a person in search of an oasis in a desert and I didn't like it. Yet, what really surprised me that all this while Niyana trudged along without me complaining of back pain or any pain. Just general body fatigue. A glass of refreshing road side nimboo pani and sugarcane juice gave me the required energy to just finish my journey back home. In all I completed about 350 kms which simply exceeded because of the irritating pothole laden detour from Pen. This stretch doesn't have much signage.

By evening my face was caked with dirt and perhaps had I not wiped I would have been not allowed to enter home. I headed to a friends place for a much needed chit chat from where I went to home sweet home complaining of a slight body ache.

Niyana was looked after well and looked proud standing below as though I was dirt laden she was dusted and waxed at intervals of this unplanned trip. I was astonished that a perceived commuter bike could go well endlessly without heating issues as such.

This is a mundane route, but I fell in love with my bike.:)

Meet my Niyana – or the new Hero Passion X – Pro.

Looks - It is the first cousin or nemesis of the Honda Twister with whom it shares its 110 cc heart and is the crux of the matter. While to the layman including me this would be just a plain sticker job to the erstwhile Hero Honda Passion with just a suffix of Pro or Plus but is essentially a heavily restructured Honda Dream Yuga and appears way more youthful looking.

That sperm shaped tadpole flowing design is sweet. Not sharp and taut like the Twister but not even like the Hero Hondas of yore (which were bordering to bore). The grey and black theme is pleasing to the eye and I love the way 'Passion' is written on the tank. It appears identical to the 100 cc Passion Pro but actually does not share any panels or parts with it on close observation except for the graphic stickers and the name. The fuel tank has snazzy subtle extensions with X Pro written on it.

The combination of digital and analogue meter looks smart and very (Maruti Suzuki) car like more so with a hint of pleasing orange backlit with the green tint from the visor reflecting on it and comprises a trip meter, odo, FE and service due reminder.

I am glad unlike other Hero bikes they haven't 'screamed' Hero on the tank. I preferred the Hero Honda's of before.

It is also the most expensive commuter bike in the range. At the price point I could easily buy 125 cc bikes.

Build and parts quality - After a long ride, I can say it reeks of Honda-ness. There is absolutely nothing that seems budget or cheap. It is a big step up for Hero or the product. The plastic in the meter console actually feels well put together than an Indica or Omni (IMO). The rubber in the handle provides good grip.

The seat cover is a little too thin. A new cover has been put anyway. Ergonomics are perfect for my weight and frame. The pillion doesn't sit too high. The seat contour is gentle. The bike is extremely light in weight. There were no weird or clunky/ creaky noises.

The paint finish is decent but could have been better. Honestly when I sold my former, it looked more new than the poor condition I received this in. That is altogether a different story and my purchase experience was way below satisfactory and needs no description.

Ride and Handling - The bike feels lighter than it actually is. Very easy to amble around and whiz past slow moving vehicles. It feels positively stable than low end 100 cc bikes and is well planted and the ride isn't too soft or hard. A little shaky over pot holes but doesn't filter every bump like my former CD.

Engine and FE – It borrows the vertically mounted 110 cc unit from the Twister, which has been tuned by Hero for their needs. They call it APDV (Advanced Pro Series Digital Variable Ignition System). I was disheartened to know its production is suspended owing to poor demand on inquiring to the dealer. Need I say more about Honda? All characteristics such as trust and reliability implies to Hero as well (as long as it manages to retain its Honda origins).

With 650/- INR or 8.66 litres worth of petrol I could traverse a 550 kilometres. Could have easily chugged along more but feared my bike to stall. This is approximately 63 kpl (I am not complaining).

The engine sounds good and not at all like a whooshy 100 cc bike. It doesn't feel like a low end bike at all.

Disc brakes – a first in the segment is why I preferred this over all other bikes in Hero and Honda. It provides good stoppage.

Bike comes with factory fitted TVS tubeless tyres and is a big step up with the company shod MRF Zappers on most other bikes. I should stick to TVS. They are good!

The X Pro gives me a good combination of power, mileage and looks – and a Hero tag which helps me with good resale. That’s what it gives me which others do not. And it actually feels premium.

Not once did I feel low or out of place when I got my Niyana's tank PPFed at 3M right next to a super duper humongous Kawaski Ninja. I love Niyana just the way she is. The PPF is a must recommend as not only does it keep dings and scratches at bay but also gives a glossy look to it. After waxing - even better.

Today I might be a less wiser as I got my wisdom tooth extracted but I think I made a good decision of getting this when I was wiser. My Niyana is indeed practical, graceful and poised!

Congratulations on your bike! Ride safe, and do let us know how she holds up over future rides.

Congratulations for the great purchase. The Passion X Pro is a very reliable bike like any other Hero bike. Hope you have thousands of trouble free miles with her.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciddharth (Post 3569910)

Engine and FE All characteristics such as trust and reliability implies to Hero as well (as long as it manages to retain its Honda origins)

This is approximately 63 kpl. (I am not complaining)

Build and parts quality - After a long ride, I can say it reeks of Honda- ness.

Congratulations on getting a Hero Xpro.

It is the other way round. Honda needs to learn how to manufacture(not designing) quality bikes in India. Right from the dream series to the CBRs, the quality and fit & finish is pathetic.

Hero engines take more than 5,000 kms to open-up so be gentle even after the initial run-in of 1000kms.
In what way does it reek Honda-ness ? Honda did not manufacture the bikes when it was with hero(Hero Honda), it only provided the technology while hero manufactured the bikes and most of the parts.

Do check out this thread on xbhp for more info.
http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorcyc...ssion-328.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by interc00led (Post 3570017)
Congratulations on getting a Hero Xpro.

It is the other way round. Honda needs to learn how to manufacture(not designing) quality bikes in India. Right from the dream series to the CBRs, the quality and fit & finish is pathetic.

Hero engines take more than 5,000 kms to open-up so be gentle even after the initial run-in of 1000kms.
In what way does it reek Honda-ness ? Honda did not manufacture the bikes when it was with hero(Hero Honda), it only provided the technology while hero manufactured the bikes and most of the parts.

Do check out this thread on xbhp for more info.
http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorcyc...ssion-328.html

Thank you. I will definitely keep in mind to be gentle with the bike until 5000 kms. I usually don't ride above 55 - 60 kph in the run in period but won't rev hard while overtaking too.

I was under the impression that Honda had a upper hand to Hero when it comes to technical and engineering expertise. Hero was always second fiddle since Honda actually made the engines. I know Hero only assembled their parts and build them under license.

I was not aware that fit and finish was sub par in Honda bikes. I will definitely go through the link to increase my knowledge.

Since the fuel cap, indicators, switch gears, overall body frame and silhouette and many other parts resemble that of Honda and hold up well after ages (in Hero)- I thought that Honda bikes would be equally reliable if not better than their Hero counterparts. The X Pro feels as good as the more expensive Unicorn or the lower Honda Shine both of which I have ridden for a short while - hence I said it feels like a Honda.

If what you said is true then I am glad the Twister is no more.

Update at 5500 kms - 3 services and 3.5 months on my X Pro - it has been one eventful journey. I have been using it extensively, covered frequent trips to the outskirts of the city and it has been totally trouble free except for the blunders committed by me.

It is actually a very well balanced commuter. It rides well. Manages without any shuddering or vibrations untill 75 kph easily. Returns a decent FE. But perhaps owing to its slight steep pricing for a 100 cc range, I have only seen a handful of them in the city so far in all these months.

I did my first service at 760 kms which included a general wash and engine oil change. I personally dislike the way they wash as the bore well water they use does more damage than good. And they used dirty rags to clean it. Nonetheless, it was completed in 2 hours and the engine felt a lot smoother after the chain tightening.

The second service was done at 2672 kms only after a month. All this while I never exceeded 55 kph. Having completed the initial run in period. I felt the engine managing to cross 60 kph which it was unable to do so earlier. However the engine sounded too noisy at the end. I really do not like the 10W30 oil as I feel its effect wears off within 700 kms after change, however it has helped me maintain a consistent FE. I only understand my bikes health by the way it sounds.
My FE has increased and I get an average of 65 - 68 kpl.
I maintain everything as the manufacturer recommends and my bike treats me well the way I treat her.

Just as things were proceeding fine, I had misplaced my spare key at home. And dropped the main key unknowingly in a rush. What followed was a 7 hour ordeal as I was unable to find a key maker and didn't want to abandon the bike. The ignition lock had to be broken which was extremely difficult to do so and took 4 hours. This also resulted in the handle bar being completely bent.

I sourced a new lock set for 750/- and replaced the entire set soon. Learned a lesson a very hard way.

I recently did the third service and promptly got the handle bar replaced for just 368/-. The usual stuff followed suit and I swear Hero bikes are dirt cheap to maintain. Total bill came upto 827/-

However I would recommend one to use their own discretion while getting their bike serviced. The service staff suggested really absurd things like adding ABS to my bike, apart from wheel alignment, engine decarbonising, teflon coating amongst others...All this was just inflating the cost too much. And I really don't sense anything wrong in my bike by not doing these treatments.

It is chugging along well and munching the miles.

While I ensure it is waxed and washed properly at least twice a week, I used the Amway Silicone glaze and am amazed at its shine. My bike never looked new when I bought it but it glistens now. Attaching the link to the post :-.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-brite-14.html

This product is a definite recommend to keep your car or bike shiny like new. PPF is also helping as recently kids simply scrubbed my bike away to glory with plenty of sharp objects.

Wow Siddharth! A ride of 350 kms, that too while riding just aimlessly!? Max I have ridden aimlessly like this is 20-25 kms and then came back to my senses and headed back home :P

On our forum and other places there are countless travelogues of people doing such rides on their Dukes, Ninjas, CBRs etc. but it is really nice to see an everyday commuter bike go over such distance without breaking a sweat.

And did you traverse the entire route at that 50-60 kmph speed? But as you said, while at it you soaked in every detail of the surroundings, isn't it?

Bike looks good, really.

-Bhargav

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octane_Power (Post 3646359)
Wow Siddharth! A ride of 350 kms, that too while riding just aimlessly!? Max I have ridden aimlessly like this is 20-25 kms and then came back to my senses and headed back home :P

On our forum and other places there are countless travelogues of people doing such rides on their Dukes, Ninjas, CBRs etc. but it is really nice to see an everyday commuter bike go over such distance without breaking a sweat.

And did you traverse the entire route at that 50-60 kmph speed? But as you said, while at it you soaked in every detail of the surroundings, isn't it?

Bike looks good, really.

-Bhargav

Thank you Bhargav.

I myself was surprised that it could go effortlessly when I was least expecting it. Maybe a punctured tyre or running out of fuel. Or overheating...But none of that happened. In fact sometimes I feel superior bikes require much more detailed pampering, exorbitant maintenance and routine check ups than this. I am definitely not the DIY types as I don't understand much of the technicalities except for the cleaning and maintaining part.
Apart from the engine it doesn't feel built to a price. Yes I travelled 'aimlessly' between 50 - 55 kph and 60 except while overtaking. This was because I covered that distance when the bike was only 300 kms old. So did not want to risk straining the engine. It is a mundane route. But seeing it on bike is another story.

But 350 kms is absolutely nothing when compared to this guy on a X Pro. Do have a look at this link! Quite a challenging achievement. Saddle sore.
http://devjeetsaha.com/saddle-sore-o...sion-xpro.html

I had also come across an article about a 70 year old UK citizen who traversed the length and breadth of India on a stock 125 cc Honda CBF Stunner. If they can do so without any fancy machines so can we with these reliable Honda engines. I actually only chose this for the Honda engine. The X Pro is perhaps one of the last bikes to be engineered by Honda.

Cheers

My running has been pretty high and consistent these days - roads have also been improving. In less than 8 months I have touched the 12,000 km mark already. This has been only possible as the bike is stable, behaves and handles well and mainly is super comfortable on long stretches.

The bike is comfortable on long journeys such as Mumbai to Alibaug and back, Mumbai to Pune and other numerous trips to general outskirts of the city.

The engine is trouble free. No vibrations and coarseness. Gear shift still smooth. If the only thing that I can complain lately is of a squishy and grinding noise from the front disc on complete halt during the heavy rains but that has also surprisingly disappeared.

Within the last 3 weeks itself I touched 10,11 and today the 12k mark.

Hero service center is satisfactory and I say that as they do a decent job so the bike lasts well for 3,000 kms until the next service.

The 10W30 engine oil that the service center fills compulsorily without any other options is annoying.

I do not wish to change this manufacture recommended oil as it gives me a consistent 64 kpl in city conditions and 68 on highways and without any engine or clutch issues. Earlier when I changed numerous brands in my older bike at the FNG, my clutch became hard, the FE dropped to 50 and minor irritants would crop up - Maybe the Splendor/ CD engine is not that refined compared to the Dream series.

Hence it is better to stick to this despite the slight unrefined noise when it looses its smoothness within 800 kms of riding.

Have completed 4 free services. 5th one is due now.
Super cheap price of 315/- INR makes sure I can save up for other things fro my pocket money.

Hope the bike stays like this well until it touches the 50k mark as then I will choose to upgrade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciddharth (Post 3750820)
My running has been pretty high and consistent these days - roads have also been improving. In less than 8 months I have touched the 12,000 km mark already. This has been only possible as the bike is stable, behaves and handles well and mainly is super comfortable on long stretches.

The bike is comfortable on long journeys such as Mumbai to Alibaug and back, Mumbai to Pune and other numerous trips to general outskirts of the city.

The engine is trouble free. No vibrations and coarseness. Gear shift still smooth. If the only thing that I can complain lately is of a squishy and grinding noise from the front disc on complete halt during the heavy rains but that has also surprisingly disappeared.

Hero service center is satisfactory and I say that as they do a decent job so the bike lasts well for 3,000 kms until the next service.

The 10W30 engine oil that the service center fills compulsorily without any other options is annoying.

I do not wish to change this manufacture recommended oil as it gives me a consistent 64 kpl in city conditions and 68 on highways and without any engine or clutch issues. Earlier when I changed numerous brands in my older bike at the FNG, my clutch became hard, the FE dropped to 50 and minor irritants would crop up - Maybe the Splendor/ CD engine is not that refined compared to the Dream series.

Hence it is better to stick to this despite the slight unrefined noise when it looses its smoothness within 800 kms of riding.

Super cheap price of 315/- INR makes sure I can save up for other things fro my pocket money.

Hope the bike stays like this well until it touches the 50k mark as then I will choose to upgrade.

Congratulations for clocking 12000 kms on your Passion XPro! Doing long trips on a Passion XPro is commendable due to the thin size of tires and also the puny engine. But, the engine does pack some punch as I experienced while riding a friend's Passion XPro.

Hero Service is really inexpensive and good. If I give my Maestro for service at 8 AM , I get it by 12 PM which is quick and thus I give it in the mornings. My service bills are too in the range of Rs 300-400. After the free services are over, the bills would increase by Rs 250, but still it will be an inexpensive vehicle to own.

The bike would run till the 50K mark but often I have seen the regular Passion Pro's deteriorating after 25-30K kms and owners often sell them for cheap though it may be related to improper maintenance.

P.S :- Which Hero ASC do you go to for servicing your Passion XPro?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciddharth (Post 3750820)
If the only thing that I can complain lately is of a squishy and grinding noise from the front disc on complete halt during the heavy rains but that has also surprisingly disappeared.

Dust between the disc and pads will cause that grinding noise and will also make the lever feel spongy. Use pressurized water to clean the disc brake regularly.

10W30 oils tend to lose viscosity after 2k kms.

The OE Hero oil is supplied by three manufacturers -
1. Tide water
2. Savita oils
3. Bharth petroleum

Out of these, Tide water(veedol) is the best. Next time, ask the svc to fill the oil from a sealed bottle and not from the barrel. The label on the bottle will have the name of the manufacturer mentioned, look out for it.

Or try to source Veedol take-off premium 10W30 engine oil, you will love it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carfreak7 (Post 3763011)
Congratulations for clocking 12000 kms on your Passion XPro! Doing long trips on a Passion XPro is commendable due to the thin size of tires and also the puny engine. But, the engine does pack some punch as I experienced while riding a friend's Passion XPro.

Hero Service is really inexpensive and good.
P.S :- Which Hero ASC do you go to for servicing your Passion XPro?

Yes Hero Service is indeed good. I also give it in the mornings by 8, and wait back until 11 - 11:30 sometimes. Though they usually insist a delivery time of 3 pm.
It is quite cheap and inexpensive specially because they do a thorough check which gives a peace of mind until the next service.
I give it at Fortpoint Mahim. Really no other option.

Well, the engine might be puny but feels more than adequate for city riding conditions but the tyre isn't puny.
The 18" tyres than most of the regular 100 cc fray ensures it provides decent grip and handling on most types of roads and uneven edges or potholes.

While on the Splendor and CD Deluxe I have experienced poor grip and fish tailing during monsoons not so in this.
Just a slight comparison of tyre sizes with more superior bikes -
Passion X Pro - Front 80 / 100 x 18 - 47 P 80 / 100 x 18 - 47 P
Honda Unicorn - Front : 80 / 100 x 18 – 47 P Rear : 100 / 90 x 18 – 56 P
Honda Shine - (Front). 80/100-18 47P. Tyre Size (Rear). 80/100-18 54P.
Bajaj Platina - Front Tyre Size, 2.75*17", 41 P. Rear Tyre Size, 3.00*17"

Perhaps the engine deterioration must be due to poor maintenance indeed. It was more notorious on the Twister but not so on the Dream series. Have been following forums and they have been quite reliable.
More so there has been no drop in power, FE or issues such as smoking and vibrations and all so it should last a while hopefully. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by interc00led (Post 3763612)
Dust between the disc and pads will cause that grinding noise and will also make the lever feel spongy. Use pressurized water to clean the disc brake regularly.

10W30 oils tend to lose viscosity after 2k kms.

The OE Hero oil is supplied by three manufacturers -
1. Tide water
2. Savita oils
3. Bharth petroleum

Out of these, Tide water(veedol) is the best. Next time, ask the svc to fill the oil from a sealed bottle and not from the barrel. The label on the bottle will have the name of the manufacturer mentioned, look out for it.

Or try to source Veedol take-off premium 10W30 engine oil, you will love it.

Thanks for the same. However I am in 2 minds. I have put across that they fill oil from a bottle instead of the barrel but they are least concerned. To me the 10w30 loses its smoothness within 1000 kms and sounds horrible post covering 1400 kms.
I will definitely try the Veedol in between 2 services as I don't wish to void the 5 year engine warranty. Or should I just go to the local FNG post the first free 6 services just for the sake of engine oil?

What's your take on the 10w30 from Honda?

Secondly is it advisable to try or switch to different grades such as 20w40 or will it cause damage? I have had a bad time when I switched on my older bike and hence am skeptical.