Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2015, 16:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Honda CB Unicorn 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitFromPune View Post
It is slightly surprising that Unicorn 160 has no review/ initial report on Team BHP even after 6 months since it's launch.
We should have had 5000km reviews by now.
Exactly my point as well. If am not wrong, there isn't a single ownership review of the Unicorn 160 in the forum so far. Now, with Honda pulling the curtains down on the Unicorn 150, we may get to see some die-hard Honda fans going in for the 160 and then possibly some reviews.
Old 4th June 2015, 19:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitFromPune View Post
It is slightly surprising that Unicorn 160 has no review/ initial report on Team BHP even after 6 months since it's launch.
We should have had 5000km reviews by now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Exactly my point as well. If am not wrong, there isn't a single ownership review of the Unicorn 160 in the forum so far. Now, with Honda pulling the curtains down on the Unicorn 150, we may get to see some die-hard Honda fans going in for the 160 and then possibly some reviews.
My father in -law just got a Unicorn 160. Since I don't ride bikes I can only give you his feedback. So far he says the bike is awesome w.r.t refinement and power. He comes from a Bullet 350.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 19:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
My father in -law just got a Unicorn 160. Since I don't ride bikes I can only give you his feedback. So far he says the bike is awesome w.r.t refinement and power. He comes from a Bullet 350.
That's a complete change of league, I must say to move from a Bullet to a Unicorn. No doubt, all Hondas are high on refinement so his feedback doesn't come as a surprise. What I would be interested in knowing on the power front is the low end torque which was one area where the Unicorn 150 didn't fare too well.
Old 5th June 2015, 14:29   #34
BHPian

There is a good reason why there are no reviews, it is so plain that even the owners forget it is there. After all, have you ever seen anyone having feelings for their doorstop?

I'm being too unkind actually. I bought a Unicorn around 3 months ago and have done close to 1500 km on it. Unfortunately, the time that I bought it has coincided with a marked worsening of my daily commute (ORR,whitefield). I am now very seriously thinking I made a mistake going for a geared bike and often when I inch forward always in 1st or 2nd gear, wonder if I should've gone for an Activa 125 instead.

This is not a knock on the Unicorn. Overall, I am very satisfied with it as a commuter. The seating is comfortable, the engine is so smooth below 5000 rpm that I often wonder if it is running or not. I was pleasantly surprised to see baggage hooks on the rear footpeg subframe so I can just lay my backpack on the pillion seat and secure it with bungee cords. The fuel economy has been very good, its given me around 360-380 km for the 500 rupees of petrol that I fill in.

But there are negatives too, mostly nitpicks except the first one
- Headlight is awful
- Fit and finish is bad, there is actually some green wire visible (I think for the front brake lever). The quality of switchgear, nuts etc are not what you expect in a 90k bike
- No engine kill switch, a common honda problem
- Choke lever down near the carburetor rather than near the handlebar
jaganm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 23:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
That's a complete change of league, I must say to move from a Bullet to a Unicorn. No doubt, all Hondas are high on refinement so his feedback doesn't come as a surprise. What I would be interested in knowing on the power front is the low end torque which was one area where the Unicorn 150 didn't fare too well.
Yup it is , but he just prefers to change bikes once every 3 years ( He's not someone who is brand loyal for sure ).

Anyways I just asked him how the pick up in the first few gears was and he told me that it was good and adequate. I'm not sure how this info helps since he has never been on the Uni 150.

What I can do is make my friend who owns a pulsar 150 to ride it and then get his feedback on the torque , probably that will be of more help to you.
Old 28th June 2015, 21:32   #36
Team-BHP Support

Rode it today. Much improved over the Unicorn 150. The handling is very nimble & sure footed. Despite the footrest being in forward position, it feels nice [have been riding bikes with rearset for almost a decade now]

Don't like the instruments much & couldn't feel the combi brakes working.

But then, you won't even notice its an all new bike if you aren't keen.
Old 28th July 2015, 14:27   #37
Team-BHP Support

Honda has sold more than 1 lakh units of the CB Unicorn 160 since its launch in December 2014.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 19:57   #38
BHPian

In my pursuit to add a touring bike in my garage, I checked the Unicorn today. At the outset, I did not like the design, more importantly I felt the ergonomics uncomfortable for me. It is very different from the erstwhile 150cc bike. The engine is super smooth though, and begs for a taller 5th gear or a 6th gear. At 82,000/- on road for the Standard version, it is commanding a lot of premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
My dream of replacing my trusty GS 150 just went up in smoke.
Wonder why you would replace your GS for a Unicorn. A GS should be replaced by a new GS, I feel .
Old 10th January 2016, 11:06   #39

A question about the handling of Unicorn 160. Does the front end of Unicorn 160 feel light at high speed on highways and limits its handling ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks