Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2014, 13:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Unfair booking & delivery process - Link Motors, Purnia, Bihar (Royal Enfield Dealer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The bike in question here costs 1,30,000 IIRC and the dealer is asking to cough up 12K which is near around 10% of the cost of the bike itself. Totally unethical I must say.

Anurag.
It is around 2K right? 1,30,000 is the ex showroom price. What about the registration, road tax and similar charges? That is adding up to 12K

Last edited by poloman : 19th December 2014 at 13:20.
Old 19th December 2014, 15:26   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Unfair booking & delivery process - Link Motors, Purnia, Bihar (Royal Enfield Dealer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
It is around 2K right? 1,30,000 is the ex showroom price. What about the registration, road tax and similar charges? That is adding up to 12K
Rs. 1,20,xxx is the ex-showroom price. Adding 7% to it will get a figure closer to Rs. 8,500. Add insurance of Rs. 2,800. You still get a figure of Rs. 1,31,xxx

And what is processing of Rs. 500? No body explained me this.

The people favoring handling charges or other associated charges, being charged by a dealer may contact the respective manufacturers.

While buying any vehicle, I have never ever paid handling charges or any other associated charges. If the dealer is adamant, I involve the manufacturer, if I do not get any help, I would rather walk off. Who is the loser here?
Old 19th December 2014, 16:56   #18
BHPian

Quote:
They are looking at charging money for Teflon coating and also for engine oil (as said by the dealer) because the bike comes without any engine oil from the company (I doubt RE would do this). Can someone confirm on this?
Anurag.
That's a laugh . Please record this statement on video , and share it on RE's facebook page .

Look at the Odometer of any new bike. It will usually show ~7 km . RE tests each bike on the track before it is sent from the factory.

http://www.topgear.com/india/bike-ne...lant/itemid-50

"There is also a 1.4-kilometre test track within the factory where motorcycles will be thoroughly tested before they are dispatched to customers."
Old 19th December 2014, 18:28   #19
BHPian

Tarun is correct and I am not aware of any automobile be that 2 or 4 wheel that comes out of factory without motor oil as engines are without fail checked for a certain duration be that on track or on a dyno ( I recall watching a BMW motorbike assembly video where every bike after complete assembly hits a dyno for testing ). The teflon thing is so common I take it for granted , even I was told while taking delivery of my duke that 1k(said mandatory ) will be charged for the teflon . I said no and he changed his tune surprisingly fast . But charging for engine oil ? that is a new low .

Out of curiosity , what is the margin dealers have on these bikes ?
Old 22nd December 2014, 10:30   #20
Team-BHP Support

Sharing this thread's link with the customer care @ Royal Enfield. Lets see what they got to say.
Old 23rd December 2014, 14:32   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Sharing this thread's link with the customer care @ Royal Enfield. Lets see what they got to say.
Good that you sent them the link for this thread. Let some sense dawn in the customer service department so as to respect the customer.

BTW, any update from the dealers end?

Anurag.
Old 23rd December 2014, 14:48   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

BTW, any update from the dealers end?
Now that the 2 month waiting window has expired, dealer has called up the prospective customer to facilitate the loan process as the bike has arrived/is to arrive.

This has happened today, the link was sent yesterday, so maybe...
Old 23rd December 2014, 20:10   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Now that the 2 month waiting window has expired, dealer has called up the prospective customer to facilitate the loan process as the bike has arrived/is to arrive.

This has happened today, the link was sent yesterday, so maybe...
Good to see a positive development on this issue. Good you sent the link, it did is work correctly IMO.

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks