Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2014, 17:34   #1
Team-BHP Support

Unfair booking & delivery process - Link Motors, Purnia, Bihar (Royal Enfield Dealer)

Dealer - Link Motors, Purnia, Bihar

Issue - Unfair booking & delivery process as well as charging extra in name of handling.

One of my relative has to buy a Classic 350. He wanted to take registration outside the showroom. The amount being charged for registration was 11,500 (registration + handling)

(On phone) the dealer was agreeing to let go Rs. 1,300 and he wanted to charge Rs. 2,500 for handling. Reason given was no engine oil from company & other BS.

I involved Royal Enfield in it. ASM took him on conference call and he said (on phone) that there was no need to involve RE and that he would have explained things, had I met him in person. (Washing/Teflon charges)

I shot a mail again with attachments of the dealership explicitly mentioning handling charges.

My relative was called by him to deliver the bike and on knowing that this case is escalated, he refused to deliver. He said, I will deliver as per norms. Norms means, prior to 2 month waiting period window. Even RSM's phone call was not entertained. Dealer also mentioned, that if Sheel comes, I will deliver the bike. Of course, I did not go.

Things went downhill and I happened to meet him just now. As per him, Royal Enfield can't do much and that it is his dealership and he will do things as he wishes to. He also mentioned that as to how RSM's request was not entertained and that he will deliver bikes on his whim and fancy.

While he was never impolite, from the talks it appeared that he has the upper hand simply because, Royal Enfield as a Motorcycle manufacturer upheld dealer's interests.

Forgot to mention, that the scanned copy which I have made, was said to be manipulated by me. (As said by RSM)

What should the next course of action be?
Attached Thumbnails
Unfair booking & delivery process - Link Motors, Purnia, Bihar (Royal Enfield Dealer)-scan0001.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 12th December 2014 at 09:26.
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 11:35   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Unfair booking & delivery process - Link Motors, Purnia, Bihar (Royal Enfield Dealer)

Here is another quotation/price list which I got. This is after getting to know that the dealer in his explanation to the company, said that the price list has been manipulated by me. I never knew, I had so much time.

You may now see, that after bringing Royal Enfield's Customer Care department into the picture, the dealer has edited the price list.

Unfair booking & delivery process - Link Motors, Purnia, Bihar (Royal Enfield Dealer)-scan0004.jpg

I am highlighting two issues.

# One being the delivery & booking process not being fair

# Dealer charging extra money in terms of handling/teflon coating etc

The Customer Care of Royal Enfield wrote back saying that the RSM will get in touch with me. He did not. When contacted, all he said was, he will speak with the dealer and will try to get the bike arranged. And then, disappeared.

I expected better response from Royal Enfield.

Why is this iconic company holding a dealer's interest higher than the end consumer? The consumer for which the bikes were designed for.

The only help which RE has provided is, has asked the ASM to intervene so that handling charges are not taken from one particular customer.

What about others? Why should they pay extra?

Why is the booking & delivery process not fair?

Last edited by Sheel : 12th December 2014 at 12:50.
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 11:46   #3
Team-BHP Support

re: Unfair booking & delivery process - Link Motors, Purnia, Bihar (Royal Enfield Dealer)

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Motorbikes Section.
Old 14th December 2014, 15:12   #4
BANNED

Re: Unfair booking & delivery process - Link Motors, Purnia, Bihar (Royal Enfield Dealer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I am highlighting two issues.

# One being the delivery & booking process not being fair

# Dealer charging extra money in terms of handling/teflon coating etc

Why is this iconic company holding a dealer's interest higher than the end consumer? The consumer for which the bikes were designed for.

What about others? Why should they pay extra?

Why is the booking & delivery process not fair?
The question still remains, Why are there handling charges in the first place and why is being made compulsory for Teflon coating for a 'new' bike? Is there any hard and fast rule or documented anywhere that a dealer can charge 'extra' money in the name of 'handling'?

All I see is the dealer doesn't care about RE and its SOP's. It is like he is the owner of RE and behaving head strong. IMO, buy the bike from somewhere else, a sensible dealer who values the customer and not attitude. They are forgetting that 'Customer is God' and sales pay them their salary/increments.

'Royal Enfield' as a company is trying to ignore this attitude and I sense something fishy here as they are not of any help in such situations and behaving as if they are doing a favour.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2014, 18:59   #5
D C
BHPian

Re: Unfair booking & delivery process - Link Motors, Purnia, Bihar (Royal Enfield Dealer)

Quote:
I expected better response from Royal Enfield.

The only help which RE has provided is, has asked the ASM to intervene so that handling charges are not taken from one particular customer.
Why don't you try to escalate the problem to the next level?

There are a lot of dealers who play these unfair game of sales due to the demand and waiting period on RE Bullets.

The dealership in Palakkad, Kerala has been shut down by RE recently, allegedly because of some unfair practices in booking and delivery.
D C is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 11:57   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The question still remains, Why are there handling charges in the first place and why is being made compulsory for Teflon coating for a 'new' bike? Is there any hard and fast rule or documented anywhere that a dealer can charge 'extra' money in the name of 'handling'?

All I see is the dealer doesn't care about RE and its SOP's. It is like he is the owner of RE and behaving head strong.
It is surprising seeing RE's response. I have contacted various manufacturers over some or the other grievance and they have always upheld consumer's interest. This is for the first time, I am seeing dealer favoring attitude.

Buying a bike is another issue. After so much delay, I don't think the end consumer would be ready to pick a VIN '14 bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Why don't you try to escalate the problem to the next level?
How? I wrote to their customer care, gave a CC to Sachin Chavan as well as others who were part of the mail, but nothing.

Would appreciate if any of you may take it forward
Old 15th December 2014, 13:10   #7
BANNED

Quote:
It is surprising seeing RE's response. I have contacted various manufacturers over some or the other grievance and they have always upheld consumer's interest. This is for the first time, I am seeing dealer favoring attitude.
RE is plainly ignoring the misbehavior of the dealer towards the customer. I can sense something fishy.

My opinion is to change the dealer.

Quote:
Buying a bike is another issue. After so much delay, I don't think the end consumer would be ready to pick a VIN '14 bike.
No point practically buying a VIN-14 bike. Better to wait or try another dealer.

Anurag.
Old 15th December 2014, 13:52   #8
D C
BHPian

Quote:
How? I wrote to their customer care, gave a CC to Sachin Chavan as well as others who were part of the mail, but nothing.
That is weird, a company that produces a well respected product do not want to serve its customers!

Considering the dealership shutdown in Palakkad, Kerala, I presume they do take necessary action if we manage to find the right person to escalate. One of my friend has been successful in establishing contact with a regional manager by contacting the number on RE website. May be Linkedin would also help find the head of customer care / sales.
D C is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 23:00   #9
BANNED

Sheel,

Any update on the situation? Reply from dealer or RE?

Anurag.
Old 17th December 2014, 23:45   #10
BHPian

You should be able to pay only the ex showroom price itself and register yourself?

Reach out to RE using facebook , twitter, and email the top execs .

I had problems with my ~new Bullet Electra in 2010, and had shot mails to "customerservice AT royalenfield.com" and their parent company Eicher "reach AT eicher.co.in"
Old 18th December 2014, 07:51   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Sheel,

Any update on the situation? Reply from dealer or RE?

Anurag.
The standard reply that our executives will get in touch with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunactivity View Post
Reach out to RE using facebook , twitter, and email the top execs .

I had problems with my ~new Bullet Electra in 2010, and had shot mails to "customerservice AT royalenfield.com" and their parent company Eicher "reach AT eicher.co.in"
I have written to Royal Enfield's customer care.
Old 18th December 2014, 08:58   #12
BANNED

Quote:

The standard reply that our executives will get in touch with you.

I have written to Royal Enfield's customer care.
Try knocking their doors via FB. Should get you some good and quick replies.

I am also thinking of getting RE Thunderbird 500.

Anurag.
Old 18th December 2014, 09:50   #13
BHPian

I'm unable to understand what this hullabaloo is all about. Isn't it a normal practice in automobile industry, whether car dealers or two wheeler dealers, to charge handling charges for the to and fro movement, warehousing charges and the so called professional charges for registration from the customer. Am I missing something here ?

What I'm skeptical about here is the processing, what for is the processing charged for ?
Old 18th December 2014, 19:43   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtandon View Post
I'm unable to understand what this hullabaloo is all about. Isn't it a normal practice in automobile industry, whether car dealers or two wheeler dealers, to charge handling charges for the to and fro movement, warehousing charges and the so called professional charges for registration from the customer. Am I missing something here ?

What I'm skeptical about here is the processing, what for is the processing charged for ?
Within reason, yes.
But nowadays anything and everything is clubbed under a handling charge.

How can anyone justify paying an extra 10% the cost of a vehicle to the dealer?

Besides,there are many articles that state the so called handling charges are illegal.
I assume that a customer has a choice not to choose the 'extra services' offered and not pay the handling fees.
tarunactivity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 07:31   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtandon View Post

It is a normal practice BUT that doesn't mean that the 'extra' money which is being charged "has" to be paid by the customer?

It is the customers money and his choice to pay what is actually required by the law and not what dealers charge by their wish. They are looking at charging money for Teflon coating and also for engine oil (as said by the dealer) because the bike comes without any engine oil from the company (I doubt RE would do this). Can someone confirm on this?

Handling charges is illegal and NOT mandated by the law to be charged to the customer. Handling the vehicle from the factory premises to the deals yard is the whole and sole responsibility of the dealer.

If the customer pays the handling charges to get the vehicle from the factory, why not we talk to the factory guys and ask then to deliver the bike/car at our address?! Convinient it'll be! The above said practice is not viable hence "dealerships" are setup to make a connection between the customer and manufacturers. Now dealers are misusing this and charged extra for registration, handling, Teflon, engine oil etc etc. I don't know what processing charges it could be!

I pay the money, take the vehicle, and register it myself. Why are customers forced to accept the registration charges if not delivery doesn't happen. How can anyone force things upon like that?

The bike in question here costs 1,30,000 IIRC and the dealer is asking to cough up 12K which is near around 10% of the cost of the bike itself. Totally unethical I must say.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 19th December 2014 at 07:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks