Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2014, 12:17   #1
Team-BHP Support

Yamaha D'elight scooter spied in India

The Yamaha D'elight scooter has been spotted in India. While Yamaha has not disclosed any plans regarding the scooter, media reports claim that it could be launched in the country, with a price tag of Rs. 49,000 - Rs. 55.000.

Yamaha D'elight scooter spied in India-delight1.jpg

The D'elight has classic styling with a round headlamp outlined in chrome. The scooter measures 1,835 mm in length, 685 mm in width and 1,080 mm in height with a wheelbase of 1,250 mm and a ground clearance of 115 mm. It weighs 98 kg and has a fuel tank capacity of 4.4 litres.

Yamaha D'elight scooter spied in India-delight2.jpg

The D'elight is powered by a 114 cc, single-cylinder, 4-stroke, air-cooled, fuel-injected engine that puts out 7 bhp @ 7000 rpm and 7.6 Nm of torque @ 5500 rpm. The scooter comes with an electric starter and automatic transmission. Stopping power comes from a 180 mm disc at the front and a 130 mm drum brake at the rear while suspension duties are taken care of by a telescopic fork and a unit swing arm at the front and rear respectively.

With the scooter segment growing at a fast pace, it would not be a surprise if Yamaha is considering this 114 cc offering for the Indian market.

Source: Gaadiwaadi

Last edited by Aditya : 24th December 2014 at 13:02.
Aditya is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 13:02   #2
BANNED

re: Yamaha D'elight scooter spied in India

The fuel tank capacity is just 4.4L? That is way too small for anyone looking at this one for their daily/office commutes, which would mean more trips to the fuel station. Why can't any of the scooter manufacturers provide a decent tank capacity like around 10L? Everyone is in the same mode of 5-6L and this one takes the cake at 4.4L.

I am not sure if I like the styling on this one. For me, the first reaction was that this is a confused scooter, it wants to look like a classic and a modern one and ends up being neither. It may just be me though.
ILTDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 13:44   #3
BHPian

re: Yamaha D'elight scooter spied in India

Is it just me or does the backside scream out loud 'Hayabusa'? It is a complete misfit of styling. Trying to mash classic and modern, didn't turn out good.
Cyrus_the_virus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 02:13   #4
BHPian

Re: Yamaha D'elight scooter spied in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The Yamaha D'elight scooter has been spotted in India.
Thanks for sharing with us.

The scooter may or may not land in Indian market, however it is anytime a pleasure for eyes to see a 'scooter' other than everyday commuters we have here.

Here is the official page for European version:
http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/produc.../d-elight.aspx

The 'Magnetic Bronze' seems to be most appealing out of the three color shades available.
Hrishi_111 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed