Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2015, 18:30   #31
BHPian

Re: Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!

Replaced my fog lights with LED lights (42watts each). The itch for more light to blame. Happen to test them during my last ride where by the time we reached our destination it was quite dark.

Output from SJ4000 mounted on helmet. Please note that SJ4000 low light performance is not that great, hence the output in the below images might look a but less.

Leftmost lane:

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-vlcsnap2015092719h49m39s310.png

Leftmost lane (Note the ghostly person casually walking alongside a national highway )

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-vlcsnap2015092719h50m23s181.png

Middle Lane with high beam morons from opposite side:

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-vlcsnap2015092719h50m49s325.png

Rightmost lane (while overtaking slow trucks):

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-vlcsnap2015092719h53m07s403.png

Only LEDs were powered on.

Last edited by Dodge_Viper : 28th September 2015 at 18:31.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 09:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Thanks!

Seat is without springs. Doesn't make any difference though. Leg guard is standard fitment perfect fit, got it from service center itself. No jugaad of any kind .
Those springs made difference to me (am heavy weight).I got the same seats installed on my DS minus springs and I am happy.Earlier my tailbone used to ache with the stock seats.Plus the stock seats used to yaw while tackling corners.
For the aux lights- My ideal installation would be a proper driving light with HID retrofitted inside.Had the same set up in my old ZMA Hella Comet 550 with HID retrofitted. With this I got the required range and the spread.LEDs the plus point is the battery gets less loaded.Please do post the pics of the new lights.
Regarding the seats-Did you at any point of time feel the seats were too wide?

Last edited by rakesh_r : 29th September 2015 at 09:53.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 11:22   #33
BHPian

Hi Dodge_Viper, great ride it is!! Went through every bit of your posts.

Quote:
Updating after a long time!

Few mods which were done over time:
Is that the helmet mount cam you have in that pic? Interested to know more about that.

Even I have booked Classic 350 and waiting time is 3 months in Bangalore now. Still one more month for arrival, going for Maroon color. I had couple of queries, please help me out.

- Planning to fix rear crash guard, though you don't have it installed, but still do you have any idea on the same. How does the rear sitter find it comfortable?
- Though I am not much worried about the mileage, but still curious to know your bike's performance after installing Greashouse exhaust.
- So do you suggest not to cover the switches with elastic plastic covers?
Full_Minchingu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 13:22   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
For the aux lights- My ideal installation would be a proper driving light with HID retrofitted inside.Had the same set up in my old ZMA Hella Comet 550 with HID retrofitted. With this I got the required range and the spread.LEDs the plus point is the battery gets less loaded.

Regarding the seats-Did you at any point of time feel the seats were too wide?
Rakesh, any more details about that HID setup? Pics if any. As far as I have heard only HIDs scatter light, only if they are housed in a projector setup they provide an excellent illumination. I had enquired with Morimotos regarding their motorcycle setup kit, but the guy who apparently had worked on Enfields said it's not possible to fit it without cutting the back of headlight assembly. Hence I dropped the idea of fitting projectors.

For seat wideness, didn't feel any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Minchingu View Post
Hi Dodge_Viper, great ride it is!! Went through every bit of your posts.

Is that the helmet mount cam you have in that pic? Interested to know more about that.

- Planning to fix rear crash guard, though you don't have it installed, but still do you have any idea on the same. How does the rear sitter find it comfortable?
- Though I am not much worried about the mileage, but still curious to know your bike's performance after installing Greashouse exhaust.
- So do you suggest not to cover the switches with elastic plastic covers?
Thanks bro! Regarding your questions, please see below:

--Helmet mount cam is SJ4000 sports action cam which also doubles up as my car dashcam

--I am planning to get the rear crash guard fitted. I don't think it messes with the pillion comfort, since lot if people in my group have that

--Greashouse exhaust hasn't affected mileage, I still get constant 40kmpl on highways. Performance wise I do not see any drastic improvement. As is with all other so-called performance systems, it's all 'claimed'. I have fitted only for the deep bassier thump which it gives and which is not irritating at all.

--If you have a covered parking then no need to put any kind of plastic covers on switches. If not covered parking just spray WD40 regularly during monsoons.

Hope this helps .
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 14:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rakesh, any more details about that HID setup? Pics if any. As far as I have heard only HIDs scatter light, only if they are housed in a projector setup they provide an excellent illumination. I had enquired with Morimotos regarding their motorcycle setup kit, but the guy who apparently had worked on Enfields said it's not possible to fit it without cutting the back of headlight assembly. Hence I dropped the idea of fitting projectors.

For seat wideness, didn't feel any.

Thanks bro! Regarding your questions, please see below:

--Helmet mount cam is SJ4000 sports action cam which also doubles up as my car dashcam

--I am planning to get the rear crash guard fitted. I don't think it messes with the pillion comfort, since lot if people in my group have that

--Greashouse exhaust hasn't affected mileage, I still get constant 40kmpl on highways. Performance wise I do not see any drastic improvement. As is with all other so-called performance systems, it's all 'claimed'. I have fitted only for the deep bassier thump which it gives and which is not irritating at all.
Will get back to you with the pics.
Regarding the exhaust,I would suggest to give some time for it settle down for the proper sound and performance.The plus point is the weight of the bike reduces.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 15:05   #36
BHPian

Quote:

Great! Thanks for the reply!

May be even I will consider installing the same exhaust for my C3 after 5K run.
Also please let me know the review after fixing the rear crash guard, I will be constantly following this thread!

Regards,
-Badri
Full_Minchingu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 17:08   #37
BHPian

10000 kms update

And finally after 1.2 years, Hercules crossed its 10k mark. Came pretty early considering those 10k kms are 99% weekend riding .

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_3013.jpg

10000 kms of pure riding bliss. Niggle free ownership.

Somewhere on NH17

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_3008.jpg

Exploring Pavna circuit

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_0261.jpg
Dodge_Viper is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 19:20   #38
BHPian

What is causing that battery drain in the first picture (the one showing odo at 10000 ?
Old 24th February 2016, 21:09   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
What is causing that battery drain in the first picture (the one showing odo at 10000 ?
Oh, that was because the headlights were on and had stopped by road side to click a pic with indicators on and rear brake pressed .
Old 10th May 2016, 17:38   #40
BHPian

Some mod updates:

Had ordered this Bolt charger last year, finally got time to fix it . It's wired to ignition unit, so it runs only when the ignition is on. Had cost me around 1400 when I ordered it. Comes with a code which can be used to activate the app. App has some tracking features like distance, speed etc. Feels useless for me since it auto starts only when you connect you mobile to the charger.

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_3800.jpg

Have fixed these steel boxes for temporary purpose. I absolutely hate to keep it as it is, so wrapped them in matte black vinyl, with reflective stickers at the back.

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_4565.jpg

And then rides, rides and more rides

Coastal highway MSH4:

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-1456064276551.jpg

On the banks of Mulshi lake:

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-1458395770958.jpg

Unknown to many, a small beautiful dam near Igatpuri. Bahuli dam. This place is a must visit in monsoons, though the approach road would be a total slush mania.

We can climb the dam wall. Beautiful vistas of the mighty mountains - AMK, Kalsubai etc

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_4235.jpg

Somewhere before Murbad:

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_4870.jpg
Old 9th September 2016, 20:28   #41
BHPian

A friend asked me, "do all Bullets come with a Leh switch hidden somewhere". I said don't know but there is definately a switch for Himalayas in me

So Hercules finally got Leh'D in July 2016 .

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_7027.jpg

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_7398.jpg

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_7741.jpg

We also did Killar-Kishtwar Cliffhanger route. Captured in the video below.

Let me know if the video link works or not.

Last edited by Dodge_Viper : 9th September 2016 at 20:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks