Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2015, 22:38   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Son's Quad Bike / ATV with a 49cc 2 stroke engine

That little machine stirred me up. Wish I could be a kid and my father could afford one. Probably an idea if I have a petrol head kid.

And you spoke my mind - I would have suggested elbow and knee pads along with the helmet. And I hope you'll impart the basics of driving etiquette too. Such early feedback and training will make him a brilliant driver on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
...PS: Naming the dealer here would make the thread somewhat commercial, I can share the details in PM though. if people are really interested...
Unless you have partnership or commercial benefits (commission I mean) with this dealer, it should NOT be a problem to name the dealer. It's pretty much similar to telling which car did I buy from which dealer or which place did I get my car detailed.

If my first point holds valid, please skip. The reason I suggest you to share is, there could be a dad who is a non-bhp'ian who wants to gift to his kid. Such people will never be able to get the information otherwise.
Old 13th January 2015, 10:10   #47

Great gift for your son! Like some members pointed out, newbies like me cannot PM you directly. So please do put in the contact details of the dealer here. Humble request! thank you.
Old 13th January 2015, 21:21   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
Great gift for your son! Like some members pointed out, newbies like me cannot PM you directly. So please do put in the contact details of the dealer here. Humble request! thank you.
Well i had to ask the guy first you see.

His name is abdul, he is from surat, gujarat. his number is 99250 24034

Thanks.
Old 14th January 2015, 14:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

I bought one for my Grandson. Not Impressed. Quality of plastics very poor, infact some panels broken. Key switch and light broken. I wonder how you found the quality? The seller has promised to replace the parts, and I hope he does support.
Would she take a little roughing around even by a kid, I doubt it.
Old 15th January 2015, 21:38   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
I bought one for my Grandson. Not Impressed. Quality of plastics very poor, infact some panels broken. Key switch and light broken. I wonder how you found the quality? The seller has promised to replace the parts, and I hope he does support.
Would she take a little roughing around even by a kid, I doubt it.
Same here sir! As i told, quality of plastic is not good. and I being a tech guy, found engine to be not refined. Chasis, linkages, brakes and suspension is sturdy. the whole concept for the price is good. Since chassis is good there is option for upgrade.

i am already planning to upgrade with a DIY, with a 4 stroke one. Lets see what pans out.

Thanks
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 17:34   #51
Senior - BHPian

Whats the update on ATV?
Waiting to see reaction of your son and him riding his awesome toy.

Raab rakha.

Last edited by ariesonu : 27th January 2015 at 17:35.
Old 15th February 2015, 19:28   #52
Senior - BHPian

I bought one 5 weeks back. Unfortunately till date it has not worked. It arrived with plastic parts broken due to bad packaging. The self starter didn't work. The manual starter also does not start the engine. Have been trying to get a replacement but in vain. Only promises. Can Sir Alec or someone who knows this seller-Gapuchee-Afzal from Surat Please Help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks