Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2015, 11:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
From what I understand, this is not an authorized service outlet but they can help KTM owners for service, spares and repair. Can you please share the Name and Location of this place?
It is called as Bosch express bike service. It is situated at the T Junction of the Monotype bus stop in Banashankari give or take a few shops. Or if you are coming down from the Bata showroom from the second stage, this is on the right side on the incline.
Old 13th January 2015, 13:32   #17
BHPian

Re: Bangalore: KTM's service quality on a steady decline

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
It is called as Bosch express bike service. It is situated at the T Junction of the Monotype bus stop in Banashankari give or take a few shops. Or if you are coming down from the Bata showroom from the second stage, this is on the right side on the incline.
Did you happen to use it? Reviews?

This is off topic, but could you tell me how often do you pressure wash your ride?
Old 13th January 2015, 14:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post

This is off topic, but could you tell me how often do you pressure wash your ride?
No I have not used it, but I happened to pass by today and saw it. Reviews on the fb page is similar to yours, pricey but worth it.

I have never pressure washed my bike till now. I use the Banashankari KTM which is a stone throw distance from my place in case my bike gets very dirty or I clean the bike myself once in a fortnight. Or else it is done at the service intervals.

Cleaning self is the best way and will let you know where and what to look for, oil leaks, coolant leaks, loose fasteners and so on. That is the benefit I reap during the wash and subsequent drying.

This time I was really disappointed with the service. They had serviced the bike without a wash. I always ask them to wash first and then carry out the service. I got a call at 1245 about the completion of service and when I landed at the SVC at 1730, the bike was as I had let it to the service. I have decided to avail leave and stand along with the bike from next time onwards.
Old 13th January 2015, 16:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Located in BSK Stage 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
It is situated at the T Junction of the Monotype bus stop in Banashankari.
Thank you Gentlemen. I'll have to continue with Kasturba Road for now. The to and fro trip alone to the said location will require nearly half a day from where I am located, which is Cox Town.
Old 13th January 2015, 16:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Dukesters - a question. My friend owns a 200 and the display has died and the ASC guys keep saying that the whole meter needs to be replaced - 12000 bucks. Is it that costly?

And also, they are telling him that the chain cannot be replaced separately. I did a visual check and the sprockets seem to be fine. The ASC maintain that the chain and sprockets can be replaced only as as set! How is this even true? Or is it? Costs please? Or can we purchase the chain elsewhere and get it changed?
Old 14th January 2015, 15:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
My friend owns a 200 and the display has died and the ASC guys keep saying that the whole meter needs to be replaced - 12000 bucks. Is it that costly?
The service centres usually operate on the 'replace' policy, which has the advantage of them spending less time per problem. Also, it saves them the hassles and headaches involved in trying to identify the problem and work on fixes; more so in the case of electronics.
If you are not averse to it, try a local meter repair-wallah. For all you know, he may be able to fix it; if not, a new one will still be waiting at the SVC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
And also, they are telling him that the chain cannot be replaced separately. I did a visual check and the sprockets seem to be fine. The ASC maintain that the chain and sprockets can be replaced only as as set! How is this even true? Or is it? Costs please? Or can we purchase the chain elsewhere and get it changed?
Chain and sprockets go together. The wear pattern is unique to each set, and replacing only one of them will lead to premature wear.

Last edited by schakravarthy : 14th January 2015 at 15:40.
Old 14th January 2015, 17:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
The service centres usually operate on the 'replace' policy, which has the advantage of them spending less time per problem. Also, it saves them the hassles and headaches involved in trying to identify the problem and work on fixes; more so in the case of electronics.
If you are not averse to it, try a local meter repair-wallah. For all you know, he may be able to fix it; if not, a new one will still be waiting at the SVC.
Yes, I wasn't too sure if a local meter-guy can work with electronic meters so didn't suggest to him. Will ask him to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
Chain and sprockets go together. The wear pattern is unique to each set, and replacing only one of them will lead to premature wear.
Yes, I've changed the chain alone though on my CBR. Guess he doesn't clean and lube the chain all too often though.

Man, my friend is getting irritated at the KTM - prices etc. He just wanted a hassle free bike.

Thanks for the suggestions though!
Old 14th January 2015, 21:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

I have it on good authority that the meters for both 200 and 390 develop a multitude of issues over time. Have not experienced any myself yet but know of many riders who have. Per some service technicians in Delhi, there will soon be a "Silent recall" for an FOC replacement; just like the sprocket issue. Lets see

Naveen - Get your buddy to stand on the neck of the SVC and get a free replacement. They owe it to him and they know it

No offence, not sure if this topic deserved a separate thread. A discussion could have been carried out in the ongoing 390 thread itself. At least in the Delhi / NCR region, things are not too bad. Nothing exemplary, mind you. But not bad
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 13:32   #24
BHPian

I have had a good experience with the KTM service center guys.
Place: KTM Banshankari, Bangalore
Problem I had : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3600429

Since the bike stalled in the night, I went to the service center the next day morning and told them about the bikes location and the problem and handed them over the keys as I had to go to office. Since the bike was parked on the side of the road in an unknown residential area in the night (looked quite safe in the night). From service center I went to check if the bike was still there and to my surprise the guys from ASS arrived immediately within 5 minutes of me reaching there and checked the possible reason for the bike to stall. After couple of minutes they told me that they will take the bike to the service center and check in detail and update me.

Solution : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3605064

Verdict: A very courteous staff who attended and picked up the bike in an hour after I met them. My Vijay was the one who helped me get back the bike and set it right.

Last edited by AMG_ang : 19th January 2015 at 13:34.
Old 19th January 2015, 15:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
I have it on good authority that the meters for both 200 and 390 develop a multitude of issues over time. Have not experienced any myself yet but know of many riders who have. Per some service technicians in Delhi, there will soon be a "Silent recall" for an FOC replacement; just like the sprocket issue. Lets see

Naveen - Get your buddy to stand on the neck of the SVC and get a free replacement. They owe it to him and they know it

No offence, not sure if this topic deserved a separate thread. A discussion could have been carried out in the ongoing 390 thread itself. At least in the Delhi / NCR region, things are not too bad. Nothing exemplary, mind you. But not bad
Thanks! You do mean get the free replacement for the meter right? I have shown him this post. Hopefully he will be able to get it replaced.

Also, issues with Chain slack. And he has just changed the ignition coil!
Old 19th January 2015, 17:58   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_ang View Post
I have had a good experience with the KTM service center guys.
Place: KTM Banshankari, Bangalore
I have used or heard about most of the KTM service centers in Bangalore, and from what I can comprehend, BSK KTM is one of the best. The SVC manager is a gem of a person (Mr. Mani). It's the technicians that are the supermodels.
As a SVC manager he attends to me and passes on instructions to the technician, but then, the technician messes it up. Too bad that most owners (myself included) don't provide on the spot feedback to the SVC managers due to constraint of time and eagerness to get their machines back. It's the technicians that are the supermodels.
Old 24th January 2015, 10:39   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
ps: Is it possible that bearings/axle produce a squealing sound ? keep in mind bike has run only 2000km .
I have a pulsar 200 ns of initial 2013 batch, just after 10 days of buying it, there was squealing sound from front wheel. After running to service a number of times, it was found that squealing sound was coming from front axle, which was solved by adding few drops of oil. After that problem has not returned yet.
smrutisourav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 17:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Seems like the SVC are getting too crowded with no infrastructure expansions. Visited the BSK KTM today for some jobs and they could not take my bike in. Lotsa bike to attend and a miniscule staff to take care of it. They feigned lack of time to look into the bike problems. They just asked me to come early in the morning and get an appointment. Also the way the bikes were handled will make me think twice even if I get an appointment. Bikes being checked in the small gangway that leads to service bays with parts strewn around, tugging and lugging the bikes within the service bay area to make way/ gaps to move around. If it continues in this way, private players may steal the thunder from the authorised ones if they can play it better. Planning to visit the Unique bike service tomorrow. Will post a review later.
Old 6th February 2015, 18:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Thankfully my friend got the console meter replaced for free from KTM. Hopefully the other issues on the bike will be fixed too.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2015, 17:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Happened to visit the Unique bike service today. Barcalad, Was a bit late in seeing your message but everything went well as you mentioned.

Messaged them from the facebook messenger and I got a positive reply in a couple of minutes.

Reached the place at 1500, introduced myself to Mr. Shyamsundar and I was asked to wait in the lounge while they took care of my bike. The bike which was parked out was taken in immediately. Nice impression. The wash area was not free, so had to wait. In the meanwhile had a small chat with Mr. Shyam who took care of all the bikes personally. Again a personal touch, like it.

The bike was washed and brought to the service bay. The chain was cleaned and lubed by one of his technicians. He also took care of adjusting the clutch. While delivering, the technician informed that the chain was not the way it should be and was too tight.

A special mention should be made about the service bay area which was cleaned everytime a bike got in/out which dirtied the floor. The area was spic and span.

Post this treatment, the bike feels good. The sound when shifting from 0-1, 1-2 is not noticed and the chain sound is also subdued.

Well do I recommend this workshop for any small works on your bikes, It is a "YES".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks