Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2015, 19:23   #1
BHPian

Honda PCX 153cc Scooter to be launched in 2015

The 150cc scooter segment in India is beginning to heat up. Honda to launch their 150cc scooter - PCX this year. The PCX is going to compete against the likes of the Hero Zir. This scooter is propelled by a 153cc, single-cylinder, 4-stroke, SOHC, liquid cooled, PGM-FI petrol motor that churns out a maximum power output of 13.4bhp at 8,500rpm and a peak torque of 14Nm at 5,000rpm.*

Name:  ForumRunner_20150120_192209.png
Views: 19002
Size:  324.3 KB

Source : http://auto.ndtv.com/news/honda-pcx-...year-729713?fb
GKR9900 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 12:17   #2
BHPian

Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Honda to bring in 150cc scooter in India later this year.I am excited and actually postponed my bike purchase after hearing this news.More details below. Cheers !

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/honda-pcx-...year-729713?fb
Old 21st January 2015, 12:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansvalet View Post
Honda to bring in 150cc scooter in India later this year.I am excited and actually postponed my bike purchase after hearing this news.More details below. Cheers !
A good move by Honda. However the price point as mentioned in the article seems quite questionable as it would be directly in the Activa 125 price range. Surely the 150 cc will cannibalize the Activa sales then.

Its a wait n watch you takes the first launch advantage - Honda or Hero. Either ways customers will be benefited provided Honda mends it dealership attitude issues.
Old 22nd January 2015, 15:13   #4
BHPian

Re: Honda PCX 153cc Scooter to be launched in 2015

It's high time that such scooters / bikes whatever you want to call it make an entry into India. It will be good to see 250+ engines in this category. It will give advantage of carrying luggage with good handling abilities in a single vehicle.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd January 2015 at 17:01. Reason: Typo
hrishig is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd January 2015, 15:27   #5
BHPian

Much needed in India these days! Please launch it Honda, would love to have a quality product from your stable. As mentioned earlier, it will aid in carrying luggage. Just think of this. People who want to buy a two wheeler for hassle free urban commute would love this. It would have adequate power to zap through traffic without compromising much on comfort. The ease of a gearless scooter has been realized a lot especially in bumper to bumper traffic. It would double up as the prefered vehicle for monthly grocery run. It should be prefered in rural areas too because it will have the ability to negotiate bad roads much better than its smaller twins.
But to gain numbers, they do have to price it well.
Old 22nd January 2015, 19:08   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
As mentioned earlier, it will aid in carrying luggage. Just think of this. People who want to buy a two wheeler for hassle free urban commute would love this. It would have adequate power to zap through traffic without compromising much on comfort. The ease of a gearless scooter has been realized a lot especially in bumper to bumper traffic. It would double up as the prefered vehicle for monthly grocery run. It should be prefered in rural areas too because it will have the ability to negotiate bad roads much better than its smaller twins.
But to gain numbers, they do have to price it well.
Higher CC auto-gear scooters are better for touring and long distance travelling, specially the kind in display here. These "Euro" style scooters are used all over Europe for touring, though most are above 250 CC but the design is similar. For zipping in and out of traffic within city limits the current 100-125 CC scoots are better. They are lighter and would be cheaper to run. Also, on bad sections on road you would want a lighter vehicle which is easier to manoeuvre than a bulky scooter.

However, I feel its about time we had 150 CC and above scooters as they provide the versatility of an all-rounder.
Old 22nd January 2015, 21:11   #7
BHPian

Finally, a product that doesn't spawn the classic head vs heart tug of war that every Indian enthusiast has to endure. These moto-scooters bring in the best of both worlds.They've got adequate power, supposedly good FE, comfort, ample storage, ease of use, good city riding credentials, and should fare well in those occasional highway trips too. With Hero readying the ZIR for launch, it's just a matter of time before other manufacturers decide to jump in and hopefully we get to see bigger and better machines competing in this segment.
Old 23rd January 2015, 16:12   #8
BHPian

Superb! I'm waiting when the Suzuki burgman will launch in India
Old 24th January 2015, 08:50   #9
Senior - BHPian

If and when this launches, I think it will be priced at least a lakh rupees or above.
Old 24th January 2015, 17:18   #10
BHPian

Had the pleasure of hiring this on my last visit to Pattaya, Thailand. Boy its very smooth and amazing bike like ride. I have never liked scooters for their small tires, but this one takes the cake with large ones and great sofa like seat.
Old 24th January 2015, 21:25   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
A good move by Honda. However the price point as mentioned in the article seems quite questionable as it would be directly in the Activa 125 price range. Surely the 150 cc will cannibalize the Activa sales then.

Its a wait n watch you takes the first launch advantage - Honda or Hero. Either ways customers will be benefited provided Honda mends it dealership attitude issues.
Totally agree with you on the attitude of Honda dealership. I have experienced it and their behaviour was quite smug to say the least.
Old 27th January 2015, 09:04   #12
BHPian

Good news by Honda.. Its price in Thailand is about 70,000 Baht (130,000 INR). So, I guess the Indian price would be in between 90k and 1L rupees. If launched, it would create a new Motoscooter segment in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
However the price point as mentioned in the article seems quite questionable as it would be directly in the Activa 125 price range. Surely the 150 cc will cannibalize the Activa sales then.
I think the PCX would be a premium offering and it wouldn't affect the sales of Activa.

Last edited by CarNerd : 27th January 2015 at 09:18.
CarNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 09:59   #13
BHPian

I remember my friend's Kinetic Blaze , big scooter and the most comfortable seat ever , it turned heads everywhere and had loads of power at your command. I hope it has a bigger tank compared to the existing scooters. 5-6L tank is of no good for such scooters. I hope it has at least a 10L tank . Lots of power + big fuel tank= good comfortable touring scooter
Old 26th May 2015, 11:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

Any news on the upcoming PCX/Forza? So far found this. But no real expected date.

Also heard Honda will bring in the retro looking scoopy to our shores. But when is the question.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda PCX 153cc Scooter to be launched in 2015-1100.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 10th December 2015, 12:50   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Any news on the upcoming PCX/Forza? So far found this. But no real expected date.

Also heard Honda will bring in the retro looking scoopy to our shores. But when is the question.
Now this is pure speculation but a friend who had a casual word with a Honda dealership employee told him that Honda plans to roll out the PCX by early 2017 only and also simultaneously plans to phase out couple of existing scooter models to make way for it.

He also emphasised that if the PCX isn't launched by 2017 then the PCX won't be launched in India at all.

Cheers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks