Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2015, 10:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Snap Bikes: Rent a motorcycle in Pune

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 11th February 2015 at 13:25.
hrishig is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th February 2015, 13:32   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4gleeyez View Post
The service is currently available in Mumbai through a riding company named enfieldriders.com, I have enjoyed some weekend rides with them and trust me it's fun without the onus of maintaining an Enfield. They are doing extremely well and were recently featured in cnbc Young Turks as well.
Many thanks for sharing . Seems to be a good company.

I just checked their offerings out and will be a future customer. Would love to ride an Enfield again (last time was in the college days, when the gearshifter was on the wrong side ).

Noticed they also have a Harley Superlow. Cost = Rs. 10,000 / day. Seems a lot for a 6 lakh bike?
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 13:44   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Noticed they also have a Harley Superlow. Cost = Rs. 10,000 / day. Seems a lot for a 6 lakh bike?

Have noticed the same trend in Bangalore as well. You can get a Merc A-class from zoom cars for the rates qouted for the entry level Harley.

I guess they want to keep the wannabe crowd out, and limit themselves to only serious riders who are willing to pay the huge premium.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 20:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I guess they want to keep the wannabe crowd out, and limit themselves to only serious riders who are willing to pay the huge premium
Off topic, but having money to spend does not make one a serious rider. In fact, I see wannabees with deep pockets rididng a swanky set of 2 wheels without an ounce of skill to ride it ..... any given Sunday

For higher end bikes, checks need to be more than the size of my wallet. I could ask for:

- Documented history of bikes owned in the past and experience
- Service records of (at least) the current bike owned to verify kms logged and actual "seat time" experience
- A quick test in the parking lot on how someone handles the bike. Its stupid difficult to manouver a motorcycle at single digit speeds. I have more control going 100 + kph than at 5 kph. Only a rider with some skill will be able to manage this

Again, apologies for the off topic post
Urban_Nomad is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 09:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Avengers costs Rs400-500 per day in Goa, the smaller scooters may be a bit cheaper. I am not sure how a bullet can cost Rs 1000/day and a Harley an astonishing 10 times more. Rent a bikes are perfect for enjoying the wind in the hair experience and suits a touristy place like Goa perfectly, but I am not sure about polluted cities like Pune or Mumbai. Innovative idea though, especially makes sense for a potential biker to test ride various bikes for a whole day and then pick and choose what suits him or her.
Old 12th February 2015, 12:37   #21
BHPian

Wouldn't it make more sense to cater to a niche category by offering Harley's,Triumphs,Ducati's etc!! Guess there would be more takers of this concept and also would be a boon for people like me who cannot afford these and instead rent them,especially at the exorbitant rates quoted.
Old 12th February 2015, 13:03   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The firm here in Bangalore rents out the Superlow for 5000 a day!

I read somewhere a couple of days back, that the Bangalore firm too had very high prices initially. That, because they had purchases their bikes on EMI and by the high rental amounts, would pay off their instalments quickly. However, owing to this high rental amount, they literally found no enthusiastic customer except the ones who would hire one for their birthdays/marriages etc. That's why they've decreased their prices drastically now. A S750 in their firm costs 4000 a day!

This Mumbai firm seems to be applying the same formula. But at such high rates, it's extremely difficult for an enthusiast to ride a famed motorcycle brand.

Last edited by barcalad : 12th February 2015 at 13:05.
Old 12th February 2015, 13:28   #23
Team-BHP Support

Foolish rates given that zoom car rents a Merc GLA for about 5k per day. IMHO renting an entry level HD range shouldn't cost more than 2-2.5k at best.
Old 12th February 2015, 16:25   #24
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore has a premium bikes on rental. Check out wickedride. They are based in Jayanagar and charge from Rs. 7000 for a HD to Rs. 1900 for RE

Snap Bikes: Rent a motorcycle in Pune-bike.jpg

Cheers

KPS
Old 12th February 2015, 20:42   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

This new concept for a city like Pune needs to be encouraged. The firm is perhaps testing the waters and is aiming at success here. Due to the monopoly as of now, the rental rates may look a bit skewed but as and when the business rakes in the moolah, more players may jump into the fray. The rates may get levelled off then, but the possibility of all such service providers agreeing to charge nearly the same rates, without any price correction is also quite possible.

As far as Pune is concerned, many travellers come from outstations for personal work or for business trips and may find two wheeler hiring a more reasonable proposition, rather than hiring three wheelers or moving by taxi / bus. There are very few tourists visiting Pune.

It would also be quite appreciable if the hiring company can have an office in Mumbai where the person hiring their two wheeler (especially the heavier bikes) can have the option of handing over the bike after finishing his job at Pune and tarvelling to Mumbai to board a flight or train/ bus etc and move to his next destination.

The vice versa would also be helpful if the bike can be hired from Mumbai, taken to Pune and handed over after finishing work there.This will help those who go from Pune to their next destinations.
Old 13th February 2015, 17:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Due to the monopoly as of now, the rental rates may look a bit skewed but as and when the business rakes in the moolah, more players may jump into the fray. The rates may get levelled off then, but the possibility of all such service providers agreeing to charge nearly the same rates, without any price correction is also quite possible
I have my doubts on the price correction bit. However, they can get creative and start offering packages like "book the bike for a week and get 10% off, 2 weeks get you 25% off", "Make a booking for 2 bikes simultaneously and get 50% off on the 2nd bike" and so on

I am very excited to see this segment come up. I will definitely be renting a bike next time I am in Pune (my sasural) and riding down to Lonavala and post my experience here
Old 13th February 2015, 18:09   #27
BHPian

Pondicherry is another beautiful city that has Bikes for rental. Based on your budget, you get wide and wider variety of models. TVS 50s are very popular here!
LoneRidder is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 11:55   #28
BHPian

Hello Guys, I have been trying to get my hands on a rented Duke 390. Now, with the onset of monsoon here in Pune, I am more eager to do a weekend ride. Unfortunately, I am unable to find a Duke or a KTM for that matter. I have tried Wickedride, Snapbikes and wheelstreet but no luck. Any lead would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by drive_angry : 3rd July 2017 at 11:56. Reason: Added more information

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks