Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2015, 12:58   #136
BHPian

How about this one....

Found some of concepts by Glynn Kerr were amazing. I wish in near future RE would have these types of models lineup.

And this one is my personnel favorite "THE CANNON SCRAMBLER"
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-royal_enfield_500_concept1660x330.jpg  

The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-wouldyourideglynnkerrsindianpoweredroyalenfield63889_1.jpg  

The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-wouldyourideglynnkerrsindianpoweredroyalenfield_1.jpg  

The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-royal-enfield-cannon-sport-glynn-kerr.jpg  

The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-wouldyourideglynnkerrsindianpoweredroyalenfield_3.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd May 2015 at 20:35. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.
Nilay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 17:53   #137
BHPian

re: Royal Enfield trademarks the name "Himalayan" EDIT: Now unveiled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
Came across this custom W800 called the Clubman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilay View Post
How about this one....
Looks great, thanks for the share.

Such motorcycles are quite common across the current custom motorbike scene. scramblers, cafe racers, brats.. you name it, they build it.

Gone are the days of long forks ,oodles of chrome and other such bling accessories, the focus seems to be more on simplicity now.

I doubt they would set off makin such motorcycles right away, hope they get decent motors in them first!

I'm sure if they make the Himalayan and their twin decent, the custom shops can take care of the looks department catering to the individual owners needs. Being someone who really likes custom motorcycles I wouldn't even really care for the looks of their new motorcycles, as long as the run/ride better than their current lineup.

A really good idea for Royal Enfield would be to start something like the yard built programme that yamaha has going on, yard built is where yamaha themselves gives their motorbike (xjr 1300) to the top custom builders and see how they can transform the bike using mostly slip on parts. Even bmw Motorrad did the same with their R nine T.

This is a custom by the Royal Enfield dealer of Italy, Royal Mcqueen.

The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-royalenfieldelectra.jpg

Regards,

BOV
B O V is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 14:58   #138
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Himalayan duo spotted on test.

Link to Team-BHP news article

The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-1.jpg

The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-2.jpg

The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-3.jpg

The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-5.jpg

The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-4.jpg

The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-6.jpg

Source
Tushar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 15:54   #139
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Magnificent concepts in this thread. Many of them inspired by the Golden Age of Motor cycling - the 1910's to 1940's...
I really enjoyed viewing the pictures - Thank you!
Old 7th June 2015, 02:46   #140
BHPian

front end looks very 'Bonnie'ish and that rear sure seems to be interesting. I hope they come up with a practical design.

The showrooms have no news of this yet, or may be they are not talking about it.
Old 7th June 2015, 19:04   #141
BHPian

Oh!!..So Royal Enfield tests their vehicles before production ?? I thought they leave it to the buyers to do their testing.

Atleast that is what the quality of the present Classic line up tells us.
nettooran is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 09:42   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Normally prototype test vehicle usually have red number plate which are temporary registration. However these prototype vehicles have white number registration taped to their rear mudguard.
Is any reason behind it or some error of paste-forget-go!
Old 8th June 2015, 12:06   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettooran View Post
Oh!!..So Royal Enfield tests their vehicles before production ?? I thought they leave it to the buyers to do their testing.

Atleast that is what the quality of the present Classic line up tells us.
Of course they test bro. Extensively.They have a bunch of very talented factory riders. They have a race track next door. And they regularly take pre production bikes to the Himalayas and push and bash them there. That's a whole lot more than some other much bigger players do.

Credit where credit is due.
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 11:51   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
That Hero Honda CD100 style exhaust is a massive eyesore on what is a reasonably ok looking retro classic scrambler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
The final version should look more or less like this - and that's not a bad thing at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Two new renderings from another forum.
The engine looks different. I hope that the engine is reliable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I am in love again. None of these become a show stopper if this makes to our roads at a sub 1.25 lac mark, it would not make sense above 1.5 lac. I hope RE has realised it and prices this one aggressively.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Yes, the GT's muffler would have looked much better. Hoping they will re-design it before launching. Agree with you on the pricing part.

A couple weeks ago, a group of a half-dozen of these, all in matte-black, went flying past at considerable speed on the terribly broken road outside our place near Manali; a few days later I spotted one on the same road, but riding solo (also briskly). In both cases, they were gone before I could get a photo. It was before I'd heard anything about RE's Himalayan, and I was so perplexed, wondering what these great-looking and apparently quite capable bikes were. Should've guessed, as they were all TN-registered...

My little contribution here is to say that the bikes I saw were looking very complete and sorted, all were identical, and none had any masking, so I was seeing their true form, and comparing these with all the photos I can find online, I think it's safe to say that RE is steadily progressing towards something production-ready.

Exhaust: As it now stands, these were all sporting nicely upswept, matte black pipes which to me fit the overall design and image well.

Engine: I suspect it to be all-new as rumoured, as the sound is really nothing at all like any other Enfield, striking me as much more refined and free-revving, with no mechanical clatter. Something around 400cc (give or take) is being mentioned, and if so that would seem about the right compromise between the relatively weak (for adventure touring) 350's and the rather clattery, thirsty, vibratory 500's.

Suspensions: Clearly not looking to be as plush or as generous in terms of travel as a true dual-sport, but should nonetheless be a great step up from Bullets, where this was always the greatest weakness for serious rides (the mere couple inches' worth at the rear -oh, how our friend suffered on this week's Bijli Mahadev ride on the 500 Machismo - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...o-impulse.html).

Design:
All in all, it's looking very appealing. Still-classic cues with some modern improvements.

Pricing?Theoretically the price shouldn't have to be that high, as there's really nothing revolutionary here. But being that the only other adventure-oriented options (BMW / Triumph / Ducati) presently offered in India are extremely expensive, it's not unlikely that RE will try and squeeze as much out of consumers as they can bear. That would be a sad thing, and would probably be the only thing that could take it off my personal wish list.

Testing / R&D / indications of future reliability: Impossible to know the future exactly, but my testimony should prove that yes, RE, whatever they may or may not have done in the past, seems to taking the development of this machine at least seriously enough to test it at the levels its naming implies - indeed, they've got talented factory riders, and they are up here trying out the bikes on the worst Himalayan roads presently accessible. Let's hope whatever feedback / assessments they provide the R&D team will be heeded, and the bike will be truly well-proven and fully sorted by the time of its introduction.

-Eric

Last edited by ringoism : 11th June 2015 at 12:10.
ringoism is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 16:17   #145
BHPian

Royal Enfield Himalayan To Get ABS As An Option and to be powered by 410 cc single-cylinder engine
http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/07/bik...et-abs-option/
Nilay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 17:36   #146
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Royal Enfield Himalayan almost ready reports Autocar India. Might get a twin-cylinder 750 cc heart as well.

Source: Autocar India

Quote:
The Indian motorcycle markets have seen a surge of options available for riders who want to go all-out, finding excitement in taking their motorcycles off-road. These riders will soon have another option to pick from, because Royal Enfield is almost ready with its much anticipated Himalayan motorcycle.

One of the test mules was spotted, and from the pictures, one can clearly see how the Royal Enfield Himalayan motorcycle is designed to overcome the challenges presented by the mountains. Chunky off-road tyres, a high-mounted mud-guard on the front telescopic shock absorbers, a wind and rain shield over the headlamp and brackets to mount luggage make their way to the motorcycle.

The motorcycle might get two engine options – a 750cc twin-cylinder and a 410cc unit. Both these engine options have been worked upon by the manufacturer after an investment of about Rs 500 crore. RE will try to keep the engine smoother than the ones being offered on their current line-up.

When it comes to conquering the mammoth mountain range in the North on two wheels, riders from across the country pick from the current line-up of Royal Enfield motorcycles. In fact, motorcycles from the manufacturer are often preferred over other brands by these adventure seekers. So what RE did was make a motorcycle that is purpose-built for the Himalayas. This Himalayan motorcycle will most likely come to showrooms by early next year, and Royal Enfield might price it around the Rs. 2.5 lakh mark.
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150728043006_1.jpg  

The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150728043021_2.jpg  

The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150728043021_3-1.jpg  

The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150728043023_4-1.jpg  

The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150728043023_5-1.jpg  

The Royal Enfield Himalayan, now launched!-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150728043025_6-1.jpg  

//M is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 17:59   #147
BHPian

Triumph Tiger's desi cousin.

Somehow I have a strange feeling that this will incorporate some sort of fairing in the front and back.

Touring special bike - Looks so tall.

The commendable part is the daring that RE shows. They have grown so much in confidence yet experimenting with something like this needs guts.

Right from hand painted tanks and then turning tables from the UCE to the efi 500, then to the Continental GT and now Himalayan, with the future news of a twin 700+cc, 400 and also a 250. These guys deserve an applause for bringing in so much innovation and experimentation.

Although the fact is whatever Royal Enfield produces these days - sells.

The only part that has to be rectified yet is the consistency in quality control.

Last edited by The Great : 28th July 2015 at 18:01.
The Great is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 18:19   #148
Senior - BHPian

Some more details from a very reliable source:

Engine - 410 cc single cylinder OHC

His comments on how the bike rides; & whether its similar to other REs in power, feel, handling etc:

"NOT AT ALL similar. Be ready for a big surprise!!!!"

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 28th July 2015 at 18:38.
Urban_Nomad is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 12:24   #149
Senior - BHPian

This is just perfect! The prototype looks killer! When everyone expected a retro scrambler, RE has presented a full blown adventure tourer! A pat on the back for RE from my side for what they have done with the bike. And I think, a 410cc OHC with decent power and torque curve will be just fine!

This bike, if Built Like a (True) Gun, will take Royal Enfield to places. Not only in the domestic market!
Old 29th July 2015, 12:52   #150
BHPian

For a moment, I thought this is some over-enthusiast blogger who has mistaken a new baby Triumph as RE!! This looks too good and may well turn out to be the ultimate budget tourer.

Just one request to RE. While finalizing saddle height, please consider the fact that Indian males of height less than 5'5" also like biking.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks