Team-BHP - RX100 mod
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   RX100 mod (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/16107-rx100-mod.html)

hi all rx 100 fans

i have 92 model stock rx100 -yezdi rims.i have a pulsar also but i ride it very rarely as i am madly in love with rx..the average i get is arnd 38 in bangalore city with speed petrol.but the bike refuses to statr once the engine cools down...ie even after 1 hr driving if keep her for 10 mnts engine shut..i need tu use the choke extensively.the mechanich tells every thing is fine. i asked him to tune the bike so that it doesnt starve for petrol.but he says this is the best tuning.any comments.

I am planning to do some modifcations to rx..but need adviseplease:

is it possible to make it five speed and fit disk brake

can the airfilters and carburattor be changed for better performance
power wise. i am not planning to port my engine as i prefer it stock.

whts the best rear shocks for yamaha....i want a smoother and heavy ride.

Can i get things done in and around 10000 rs

Please comment and give me whatever input you can so that i can get a better idea. if you know any good mech in bangalore please let me know...

ride safe :)
shebin

I love yamaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by shebin
i asked him to tune the bike so that it doesnt starve for petrol.but he says this is the best tuning.any comments.

If you think your bike is starving for fuel, check the fuel tap. Is your tank rusty inside? It might not be this 'cos if it was your bike woudln't run. When was the last time you changed you plug and plug wire?

Quote:

Yes and Yes, have installed a TVS Girling disc kit on my RXZ. 5 speed mod coming up soon.

Quote:

can the airfilters and carburattor be changed for better performance power wise. i am not planning to port my engine as i prefer it stock.

You can put a free flow airfilter but you would have to upjet. You can get a flat slide carb, a 24mm. But if your not going to port your bore, then don't change the carb, not worth the money. A air filter upgrade would be sufficient.

Quote:

whts the best rear shocks for yamaha....i want a smoother and heavy ride.

Heavy ride? you can try the gas filled shocks that come on the pulsar. Many tried it including me and found it to be too stiff for a light bike. They say the victor GLX's gas shock is not as rigid as the pulsar ones but haven't tried it so can't comment.

Quote:

Can i get things done in and around 10000 rs

Maybe, an RXZ disc brake kit itself will cost you upwards of 10k. Said maybe 'cos if you know what to get and how to check, you can try the gujli. Did my disc brake install for less than 5k. No labour. My friend and myself did it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCockroach
If you think your bike is starving for fuel, check the fuel tap. Is your tank rusty inside? It might not be this 'cos if it was your bike woudln't run. When was the last time you changed you plug and plug wire?..

thanks buddy!!!!!!!!!

the tank is not rusty i recently checked it. plug and wire was also changed recently.....there was a missing when bike crosses seventy i changed the plug and it got stopped.....

do you know any good rx mechanich who can do this modifications perfectly...in bangalore.

Don't really trust mechanics man. I prefer doing it myself and a friend helps a lot too. When it comes to a overhaul or something I give it to a local mech. I'll ask around and find out a good one for ya. Can't suggest any from my end.

mmmm what u said is right , we cant believe them like that,but fixing fifth gear and disc brake needs one help.please let me know if u find sumone..
thanks

Quote:

Yes for sure you can have 5-speed. You will have to get the extra gear and fit it along with mod shifter and mod. gear drum. I have it on my own RX100 and feels its the only reason why I drive it at that speed. I am not sure but there are two types of 5th gear available one that increases top-speed and the other that works like overdrive-gear like most cars and you can cruse on highways at high speed but with low rpms. But i would prefer the one that increases speed.

Quote:

can the air filters and carburetor be changed for better performance
power wise. i am not planning to port my engine as i prefer it stock.
Try getting Carb for RX125 along with its manifold. It has bigger venturi and will perform better.

I am not too sure what it costs now but when I changed it (around 6 years back) the 5 speed kit took around 2500-3000 and the RX125 Carb part took another 2000. (handpicked it from jama masjid 's auto market)

Thanks rohit,

I think i can get the carb of 135 easily,what abt the air filter and related stuff.even i prefer the 5th gear that increases the speed.do we need to go for major alterations in the gear box for this,and what abt the FE...

I am planning to search the market you told me, but if you could be more specific...

1.regarding the location of the market where u got the stuff...
2.parts needed to be bought for the gear box modifications
3.any goood mech you know...
4.cons of fitting the fifith gear
5.modifications required for the brakes and suspension if any...
6.and any other details that would be helpful for me...

Thank you:)

Shebin

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCockroach (Post 276739)
Don't really trust mechanics man. I prefer doing it myself and a friend helps a lot too. When it comes to a overhaul or something I give it to a local mech. I'll ask around and find out a good one for ya. Can't suggest any from my end.

hi, im new, and iv just redone my RX100, I am now looking to put a 5th gear.. can u please tell me the entire process of fitting a gear for higher top speed(i am currently getting abt 113KMPH - downhill)

i am in mumbai,

appreciate the help u experienced guys give new guys like me :)

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.