Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2015, 13:00   #16
BHPian

Petrol + CNG bikes / scooters starting from Rs. 44,525

Quote:
All-new brand in India, Royal Touch Motors will be introducing petrol + CNG two-wheelers for the first time. Yes, there have been solo modifiers who have tried their hands at CNG powered bikes & scooters, but this will be the first time a brand will offer this dual-fuel combination on a two-wheeler officially in India.
Royal Touch is a company based out of Aurangabad in Maharashtra. There are no details out if these bikes a built 100% in India or brought in as CKD kits. The brand has tied up with Chinese two-wheeler manufacturer ZNEN to bring in new products for India.
The brand is considering to rope in a Bollywood actress & a cricket star as brand ambassadors. Although we know the names, we will refrain from mentioning them till it is confirmed.
If classifying by engine displacement, Royal Touch will offer 50cc, 125cc, 150cc, and 250cc scooters and motorcycles in the market.
The company also claims that their range of two-wheelers will have low carbon emissions and great fuel efficiency.
Source

Some of the scooters look really awesome for the price.

This was inevitable since the prices of petrol are soaring up.
The Great is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 13:51   #17
BHPian

Re: Petrol + CNG bikes / scooters starting from Rs. 44,525

Thanks @The Great
Interesting! Never heard of them though.

Link
http://royaltouchmotors.com/
to become India’s First Company to introduce first time in India the most-applauded Bio-Fuel (CNG) and Petrol models and sports motorcycle's of ZNEN, which are most popular in nearly 60 countries and regions in the world...

http://www.znen.com/

Last edited by mvadg : 12th October 2015 at 13:52.
mvadg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 18:10   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Regal Raptor & other suspect motorcycle manufacturers in India

Merged Royal Motors with an existing thread on a similar manufacturer.

Trend is similar. A lame, half-hearted website, Chinese imports (seems to be) and no known face / entity backing it.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 21:48   #19
BHPian

@Mods, given the "severity" of this issue, please grant me few extra emoticons..

Did anyone notice that the "Legendary" Regal Raptor Bobber has following key features:
1. TyresTyresTyresTyresTyresTyres
2. Comfortable Tank lol.
3. Experience smooth handling at slow speed and easy.... (easy wot? Even the sentence is not completed)
4. TyresTyresTyresTyresTyresTyres

see the pic (I have accumulated all the "salient features" into one).
Attached Thumbnails
Regal Raptor & other suspect motorcycle manufacturers in India-regalraptortyre.png  

Last edited by Vid6639 : 30th October 2015 at 23:11. Reason: removing extra smileys. Sorry there are no exceptions.
Zinda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 20:04   #20
BHPian

I had seen the showroom of the Regal Raptors motorcycles in Hyderabad and was thinking that I would go there and check things out when I read in the Times of India, Hyderabad edition that Regal Raptors showroom and their stock yard had burnt down thereby destroying all the inventory of the company. The cause of the fire was unknown. Didn't read anything about it any more. Last I saw the store was not restored but the website is still around and you can request a test ride through it. Wanted to try that but since I have no intention of buying I thought I wouldn't do that. I think this raptor has flown not so regally after all.
sadsack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 15:37   #21
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post

Indian Journalist: Who'll buy & ride them?

Everyone Around: HA, HA, HA!!!
I have to eat my words!

The (Regal) Raptor has managed to pull a rabbit out of the (cop's) hat.

Thieves and other assorted criminals in Hyderabad better watch out! They won't have it easy, for TS police in Hyderabad, Rachakonda & Cyberabad will soon be flying around on their newly acquired (& customised) Regal Raptor motorcycles. These are powerful birds with fuel-injected, twin-cylinder 320cc hearts that would enable cops to swoop down like raptors on their law-breaking prey!

Regal Raptor & other suspect motorcycle manufacturers in India-c3qsgl0wcaeoxxn.jpg

Quote:
The bike would be used to chase and intercept culprits. The cruisers are said to be equipped with all the facilities to make the police’s job easier, including a GPS tracker, police lights and a public address system.

The new 320cc bikes would be allocated soon to Hyderabad, Rachakonda and Cyberabad police.
(Source)

Last edited by RSR : 4th February 2017 at 15:49.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 18:27   #22
BHPian

This might be the most deeply confusing series of events to take place in Indian motorcycling since DSK Hyosung showed up! :O

Seriously, what is happening here.
marcussantiago is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 19:22   #23
BHPian

These twin cylinders make less torque and scarcely more power than a single RE 350. Not to mention their garish, terrible design. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't touch these with a stick and I hope to never see these on our roads.
Old 4th February 2017, 21:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I must say, unlike the car market, the motorcycle sector sees a lot of interest from suspicious (unscrupulous?) players.
Definitely, I remember the same thing happening with Eider Motors which was launched and then disappeared in some financial scam. Although at least their 650 twin was reasonably priced.

I think that there is a viable business case for the Chinese to come in. Lets not forget Benellis parent company is Qianjiang Group so they are already here in a way.
But it would require someone with the financial muscle to set up shop on their own, establish major service centers in all the metros and wait it out to gain customers trust.
Old 7th February 2017, 23:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

Just FYI in the (seemingly unlikely) event anyone is interested in these, just thought I'd confirm that the Aizawl dealership is operational - or at least, they claim to have sold six Regal Raptors since last July, have a bike in the showroom and are apparently expecting more to come next month.

Indeed, a hardtail factory custom Chinese bobber at 3.5L seems a bit of a stretch of the imagination... but perhaps it wasn't intended to be much more than a showpiece - which is what the fellow running the place seemed to be telling me when I stopped by today - his reason for why it didn't have petrol in it / I couldn't hear it run (much less test-ride it).

Regal Raptor & other suspect motorcycle manufacturers in India-img_20170207_12245201.jpg
Regal Raptor & other suspect motorcycle manufacturers in India-img_20170207_12252001.jpg

Whatever, it seems conceivable that the company is still going to make an effort. Coming soon is supposed to be a nice-looking full-faired 200cc sportbike for 2+L (huh?). Having ridden and to my surprise been highly impressed by the feel and performance of a UM Commando several days ago, this in contrast was a bit of a letdown.

-Eric
Old 19th June 2017, 11:00   #26
BHPian

One more dubious motorcycle maker from Hyderabad - Cleveland Cyclewerks India

After Eider Motors and Fab Regal Raptors there is a new entrant into the motorcycle manufacturing sector in Hyderabad. A collaborative operation of Cleveland Cycle Werks has been set up in Hyderabad by Laish Madison Motor Werks Pvt Ltd whose corporate office is headquartered in Mumbai. The manufacturers claim they will make motorcycles in the cubic capacity 250cc - 500cc. Autocar India claims that their beginning will be sometime around September (as does the company website) and the first model to sold will be a retro commuter called ACE, while others such as the Misfit Cafe racer and a bobber called Heist and an adventure motorcycle called Hooligun (sic). The engines are supposed to be reverse engineered Honda engines and the motorcycles themselves are of Chinese.
sadsack is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 11:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Re: One more dubious motorcycle maker from Hyderabad - Cleveland Cyclewerks India

The bikes look good, but I think thats the only good thing one can say about them. Their products have negative reviews galore in Australia and Canada for being pathetically built. Surprisingly the website mentions that they operate through distributors in 23 countries, including the US, Canada & Australia.

While I'm all for better looking bikes, I do hope that they could improve their quality. We have enough poor Indian products already, dont need any more imported ones.

Last edited by navin : 19th June 2017 at 16:39. Reason: removed the S*** word.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed