Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2015, 18:40   #1
Team-BHP Support

Bajaj Pulsar 150 AS spotted testing in India

Bajaj Auto appears to be readying a number of bikes for launch in the coming months. Just last month, we had reported that the company had started testing the Pulsar 200 AS (AS stands for Adventure Sport). Now, another bike of the Pulsar AS family has been spotted testing. This one is believed to be powered by a smaller engine (150 cc in all probability) and could be named Pulsar 150 AS.

Images suggest that the test mule has a drum brake at the rear (the 200 AS has a disc), smaller front disc brake and an air-cooled engine. These could mean that the bike indeed has a smaller engine than the 200 AS. It is likely that the engine in question is the same unit as the one found on the Pulsar 150 NS - 149.5 cc, 16.8 bhp @ 9000 rpm, 13 Nm @ 7500 rpm, 5-speed transmission.

Just like the 200 AS, the Pulsar 150 AS is also believed to sport projector headlamp.

Bajaj Pulsar 150 AS spotted testing in India-pulsar1.jpg

Bajaj Pulsar 150 AS spotted testing in India-pulsar2.jpg

Bajaj Pulsar 150 AS spotted testing in India-pulsar3.jpg

Source: Motoroids
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2015, 01:11   #2
BHPian

Re: Bajaj Pulsar 150 AS spotted testing in India

It is time for Bajaj to let go of the name "Pulsar". They have ridden on this bike and the brand way too long and any new launches with this name does not even excites me personally. The least they could do is take some inspiration from the success of Dukes and give us something other than Pulsar siblings.

The images above and the new discovery with part fairing looks same to me, if I don't go much into details. I will let this one pass too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks