Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2015, 14:40   #31
BHPian

re: Suzuki Gixxer SF spied EDIT: Launched at Rs. 92,596 (on-road, Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chida View Post
I believe the price is really good, but at the end of the day you get what you for?

Just a quick comparison (not to offend you or anyone else here) Suzuki has Carburetor fuel system over FI used in R15, has drum brakes in rear while R15 comes with DISC for both front & Rear. Suzuki’s kerb weight still about 3kgs more than R15 v2.0 and of course R15 looks superior in Max power & Torque figures as well.

All said in a country like ours fully-clad bikes are mostly likely to be a hit (I am a sucker for fully-clad bikes).

This model might very well send the sales chart up north for Suzuki India, and if their ASS can back it up with decent service then Suzuki India is going to have time of their life!!!
Actually its the exact reason mentioned in your last few lines I put the names of R15, CBR and even RS&RC200 in there. This is going to be the most affordable, with convenient seating position and most importantly, highly fuel efficient fully fared bike right now in India.

This is no way going to compete with the R15 or other bikes in a performance sense but it will surely compete on common sense

Last edited by swami.n : 7th April 2015 at 14:47.
Old 7th April 2015, 14:55   #32
BHPian

I think Suzuki is planning for a long term innings in this segment. That was an excellent pricing from the house . Special edition is amazing with just ~1500 Rupees more on the base model. Very practical features like 160mm GC for Indian roads, Kick start, 12 litre tank, 140 section rear tyre adds up to closing the deal without any second thought. The only parameter need to be checked is the seating position. Is that an aggressive track oriented feel or a comfortable street rider?
PISTONS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 15:36   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Extremely good move by Suzuki. It will sell like hot cakes. I have a feeling that it will look great in black! One question though- Does it feature a DOHC engine?
On another note, it is disheartening that motorcycles with even regular 150cc commuter mills are now being branded as 'sports motorcycle'. This motorcycle would have been better if it had a 180 cc engine with optional rear disc brakes.

Last edited by saket77 : 7th April 2015 at 15:37.
Old 7th April 2015, 15:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF spied EDIT: Launched at Rs. 92,596 (on-road, Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
One question though- Does it feature a DOHC engine?
Nop. Its a 2 valve SOHC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PISTONS View Post
The only parameter need to be checked is the seating position. Is that an aggressive track oriented feel or a comfortable street rider?
The seat, pegs and handlebars looks exactly same as its naked twin. So I guess the posture should be that of a comfortable street bike. It could have done better with a lower set of clipons!

Last edited by man_of_steel : 7th April 2015 at 15:49.
man_of_steel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 15:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

93k for a commuter bike in racing avatar seem a bit steep for me, but I am out of touch with respect to pricing. IIRC, pulsar 220 too costs in same range, no?

Gixxer has good quality, and the fairing enclosure looks very well done. The Gixxer 150cc engine is a capable work horse, but it is not an adrenaline pumping in any sense. But if I were in market, if I could get p220 in same price as this one, I wouldn't hesitate to go the Bajaj way. (This coming from a GS150R rider).
Old 7th April 2015, 16:13   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
93k for a commuter bike in racing avatar seem a bit steep for me, but I am out of touch with respect to pricing. IIRC, pulsar 220 too costs in same range, no?

Gixxer has good quality, and the fairing enclosure looks very well done. The Gixxer 150cc engine is a capable work horse, but it is not an adrenaline pumping in any sense. But if I were in market, if I could get p220 in same price as this one, I wouldn't hesitate to go the Bajaj way. (This coming from a GS150R rider).
Well put. That kind of sums up what I was thinking too. A lac is a mental barrier, and this puts 150 cc bikes too close too soon to that mental barrier. The bike market kind of moves as a unit. With only some mavericks that buck the trend. So a product's pricing has ripples beyond its own stable.

Last edited by ebonho : 7th April 2015 at 16:14.
Old 7th April 2015, 18:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

Checked it out on their site and yes, the bike looks good. Though slow to start off, Suzuki might yet catch up with the rest of them - especially with them back to MotoGP, they would want to push in with some new bikes. Hopefully.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 18:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Checked it out on their site and yes, the bike looks good. Though slow to start off, Suzuki might yet catch up with the rest of them - especially with them back to MotoGP, they would want to push in with some new bikes. Hopefully.
I too am hoping they get some bigger bikes.

Maybe the GSX6R ....
Old 7th April 2015, 19:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore, the price goes over Rs. 1,00,000.

I am not sure the bike is worth that much.

The Karizma, the Pulsar 220, Pulsar 180 Apache 180 ABS, 200NS etc., offer much more value in terms of power and features over the Gixxer SF for the amount of money they demand.

Nothing on the Gixxer makes it worth the 1,00,000+ price tag. The FZ and Fazer even come with Fuel Injection while the Gixxer is still a carburetted bike. No 4 valves, no liquid cooling.

A simple, 155cc, 2 valve, air cooled motorbike asking for one lakh rupees, sorry, but not worth it at all in my opinion. 10000 more than the naked version for the fairing alone is

Again, just my opinion.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 7th April 2015 at 19:20.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 21:47   #40
BHPian

Its a given that a bike with a fairing attracts larger crowd than a naked in India. Trust me, I know this because I've owned a ZMR in the past and have a Ninja now. The attraction for the Ninja is quite obvious but I must say that the kind of attention I got for the ZMR was huge! The 'oohs', the 'aahs' and the most classic of them all - 'racing ah???'.
It doesn't matter if its a 100cc commuter or a 1000cc fire breathing monster, plonk a fairing and you will get noticed!

Suzuki I feel have hit the nail right on the head! The MotoGP Special looks delicious, even I had my tongue out in awe when I saw the pictures. This color will surely outsell the other two. The quality seems to be right up there and that console - oh my god, looks awesome!!! I wish I had something like that on my bike. The pricing is steep and outrageous for something that has no features to boast about and produces puny power when compared to the competition. Here in B'lore, the ex-showroom will surely be upwards of a lac. But it doesn't matter because it is targeted at the image conscious buyer, read - college kids, posers etc. and they will buy it over the 200NS, Pulsar 220, FZ/FZS and the likes.
I'd read somewhere that at some point, P220 outsold the 200NS just because the 220 had a half fairing! Now that's a point in favor of the SF!
Porschefire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 10:59   #41
BHPian

Way to go Suzuki. Seems like your sales charts will see the light of the day. This is exactly what Indian customers want. Wonder what took you so long to realize this.

Don't know whether the fairing will by anyway increase the performance or riding dynamics, the bike sure looks the part. If I were in the market for a 150CC street bike, would definitely go for the Gixxer. And I would of course pay the premium and get the SF version, cause this bike deserves it. The large white Suzuki decal on the MotoGP version looks just superb. Fit n' finish is top notch too. Pricing seems all right, but a bit on the steep side.

Wish it had rear disc brake, which is very much lacking in the Gixxer. If I am not asking more, then please ABS too. If these things are given, I would completely agree with the marketing statement of the Gixxer - 'Street Sport Bike'.

Keep revvin'
petrolhead_neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 9th April 2015 at 11:00.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 12:35   #42
BHPian

Got a call from Pramaan Suzuki Chennai yesterday afternoon.

They said the load of SF has just arrived and I may come to take a look. They only had the blue and White color bikes.
No TD vehicle available yet and deliveries not started too. TD available from next week I guess.

The MotoGP blue is just awesome and really looks like a bike from a segment above. Compared to it, the white seemed kind of a let down. The grey color lower half for the faring, just feels like a lower variant, like in cars we get the base variant with grey bumpers :-) The same grey in the black color seems better matched. One difference missed by most sites is, the triangular piece below the seat which was earlier in a dull goldish color in the Gixxer, is now full black in all colors on SF

Fit and finish is terrific on both colors and certainly the bike will become a heart throb among the younger audience, in the coming months.

And most importantly as a Gixxer owner myself the possibility of fixing the faring on mine was the primary reason of my visit. All fittings, except at the speedo and headlamp cluster, just need small clamps which would be pretty simple to plug and play. Its only at the front portion, right below the hey hole, where the frame number is printed, there needs to be a small attachment welded to bolt the metal piece that holds the console and headlamp assembly.

It is just a small piece that needs to be welded and every thing is only bolt and nuts and small metal clamps. This shows that the Naked and SF should have been designed simultaneously and to minimize too many deviations.

As soon as the complete spare set for the faring arrives, I was promised to be the first to get the call. I've just asked for the exact measurement of the piece to be welded and will get the faring fitted immediately whenever possible or rather I should say available :-).

Of course the pricing should be around 8-10k max.

Feeling excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Way to go Suzuki. Seems like your sales charts will see the light of the day. This is exactly what Indian customers want. Wonder what took you so long to realize this.

Don't know whether the fairing will by anyway increase the performance or riding dynamics, the bike sure looks the part. If I were in the market for a 150CC street bike, would definitely go for the Gixxer. And I would of course pay the premium and get the SF version, cause this bike deserves it. The large white Suzuki decal on the MotoGP version looks just superb. Fit n' finish is top notch too. Pricing seems all right, but a bit on the steep side.

Wish it had rear disc brake, which is very much lacking in the Gixxer. If I am not asking more, then please ABS too. If these things are given, I would completely agree with the marketing statement of the Gixxer - 'Street Sport Bike'.

Keep revvin'
petrolhead_neel
Rightly said.
And yes it is confirmed by some sites, who did the test drive in Suzuki Japan facility, that the addition of the faring certainly improves the handling and top speed too. This is just not an aftermarket fiber moulding modification. It is a proper wind tunnel tested faring, designed by the same team, at the same facility where the GSX-R & Hyabusa monsters were conceived and delivered(also mentioned on the official suzuki page for SF)

Last edited by swami.n : 9th April 2015 at 12:50.
Old 9th April 2015, 18:21   #43
Senior - BHPian

Folks, for a 150cc carb, faired motorcycle, 90-100k is way too much. The Pulsar 200NS costs almost the same, isn't it? What were Suzuki thinking?
Old 9th April 2015, 18:27   #44
Senior - BHPian

Sadly the bike may sell and the good 200+cc bikes selling at 1-1.2Lacs will wake up and increase them by 5-10K more! Sigh!

Bike looks nice, but needs a 200+ 20Bhp+ pot to do justice to the "pre-term-hayabusa" look...!!
Old 21st May 2015, 17:47   #45
BHPian

Booked the Moto GP edition of Gixxer SF yesterday from Pramaan Suzuki Chennai. The showroom executives were all very courteous. They did not have a test drive bike for the SF. So did a customary test drive of the Gixxer eventhough I had already made up my mind. The onroad price is Rs. 97000 (Except the number plate). You can pay additionally and opt for zero dep insurance and extended warranty.

There is a waiting period of 30 - 40 days. So waiting now

The Gixxer is available off the shelf.

Thanks
Anand

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks