Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2015, 00:39   #46
BANNED

I am waiting for the SS400 Now. Bajaj is kicking it now and they will not only laugh all the way to the bank, but teach a lesson or two in pricing to these japanese manufacturers.

a good looking bike it is.
projectors look amazing. Exhaust is sexy.

how would one differentiate between the RS200 And SS400???
Any idea when is the SS up for grabs?

Last edited by GTO : 27th March 2015 at 17:49. Reason: Language
sukhi29 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th March 2015, 00:48   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
1. No Bajaj logo on the bike - It just goes to show that the Pulsar brand carries a lot more weight than the Bajaj brand. I am sure Bajaj has the marketing research to prove it.

This was initiated way back in 2011, when bajaj decided to emphasise on sub-brands like Pulsar, Discover etc rather than the company.

This was influenced by the VW model, but for India- the carmaker now prominently displays it's name on the boot rather than just a VW emblem on the international models.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...me-vw-way.html
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 05:12   #48
BHPian

re: Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh

Great design by Bajaj. Seems well balanced and I am sure is going to attract the eye balls for a second look.

Eagerly waiting to see this in flesh. BTW, why only two colours, that too Red and Yellow? Would there be more coming in future?

MaSh
Old 27th March 2015, 08:44   #49
BHPian

Single channel ABS? Why not dual?
So we can lock the rear wheel ?

Last edited by batterylow : 27th March 2015 at 08:51.
Old 27th March 2015, 08:57   #50
BHPian

It looks great to me if I was a College kid but will it really suit an Office going Professional? I don't know what would be the reaction when I go to Office in such a stylish bike. Would people think that I am a freak? Really don't know!

The main drawback which I feel is the weight of the bike which is 165 Kgs when compared to CBR 250 which itself is 167 kgs and CBR 150 which happens to be 138 kgs.

I am looking for a bike that can replace my TBTS 350 which has the capability to maneuver in the traffic with ease and also a bike which has a good braking ability unlike TBTS where you have to stand on the brake lever to stop the bike when it is around 90 Kmph or so . Looks like the RS 200 ABS version could be a good choice if I make up my mind about the looks.

In terms of color, I guess Bajaj has planned to introduce more colors when there is facelift sometime down the line in the coming years. Black color would have made the bike look more hotter than yellow.

The pricing is spot on and Bajaj has never made any mistakes in this aspect.

I am eagerly waiting to see the bike in flesh and have a test ride.

Lets wait and watch how it works out for Bajaj.

Last edited by rki2007 : 27th March 2015 at 08:58.
rki2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 09:29   #51
BHPian

Looks like there is a blue color also available (though not in India).

Wonder why they wont introduce this color for India.
sanjaykk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 10:54   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B O V View Post
Looks like it'll sell pretty damn well amongst most of the populace. Good work Bajaj.

However looks can be subjective and I find the design a bit too different for my taste. As Chida has said the side profile does look a bit weird.

Same goes for the tail-lamp too.

Regards,

BOV
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Overdone but a bike that is sure to click with the Pulsar fan club.

While specifications suggest a high 11,000 rpm red line, the tachometer is still marked at 9500rpm.

I really like the stepped ring for chain adjustment. Much faster and easier to sort out chain tension.
I think the lines don't match so the design looks odd and doesn't look as one entity. The design makes it look compressed from both and bottom in the side profile. The front is, as rightly put already, bumblebee ! Wish they based the curves on Rosie Huntington Whiteley instead !

Nevertheless, roads would be filled with these blasting their projectors in high beam to blind everything that moves on road! Going just got tougher for us spectacled ones
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 11:02   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
It looks great to me if I was a College kid but will it really suit an Office going Professional? I don't know what would be the reaction when I go to Office in such a stylish bike. Would people think that I am a freak? Really don't know!
Why not leave the bike in the parking lot?

Anyways, I show up on a bit too funky looking orange colored bike everyday to office and that too in full formals. Have never faced any discrimination in that aspect nor my appraisals were affected!

Last edited by man_of_steel : 27th March 2015 at 11:08.
man_of_steel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 14:05   #54
Senior - BHPian

I have mixed reactions about this bikes looks. Looks like Bumble Bee for sure but that's not necessarily a good thing with it's crazy addition of vinyl's through out the bike. The RC 200 still looks way better.

And I'm also doubtful how it can be faster than it's sibling 200 NS after being more heavier.

Pricing is good so we can expect to see a lot of this Pulsar on the roads soon.
Old 27th March 2015, 14:31   #55
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Who cares how you come to office? If you get down by some auto or bus, will people think less of you? Or rather, would you care what anyone thinks?

I come to office in formals on a green Ninja, and I have not gotten any bad reaction. I think people have better job that to comment on other people's mode of transport. 'What would others say' isn't and shouldn't be a criteria in buying a bike.
ani_meher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 14:40   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
This was influenced by the VW model, but for India- the carmaker now prominently displays it's name on the boot rather than just a VW emblem on the international models.
A little OT: I think VW is "again" back to only the logo now.
Old 27th March 2015, 14:54   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
From a marketing perspective there are two very big standouts

1. No Bajaj logo on the bike - It just goes to show that the Pulsar brand carries a lot more weight than the Bajaj brand. I am sure Bajaj has the marketing research to prove it.
There is one on the instrument panel though
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs. 1.18 lakh-rs200_bajajlogo.jpg

Hell Yeah, I agree Pulsar brand carries more weight.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 18:04   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Eagerly waiting to see this in flesh. BTW, why only two colours, that too Red and Yellow? Would there be more coming in future?
MaSh
Probably they would add some new colors and some sticker job, then sell it at a premium?

Jokes apart, some brilliant work from Bajaj. Though a bit overdone, the des.ign looks drool worthy. As someone rightly pointed, the paint job is more of a hero's style. Looking forward for my test drive.
Old 27th March 2015, 19:36   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
There is one on the instrument panel though ... ..
Is that the Malfunction indicator?
Old 27th March 2015, 21:28   #60
BHPian

It has a face that not even its mother will like. But the worst part is the rear.Specifically the tail lights remind me of something but I can't it share here . The bike has a very immature feeling to it,from the "Race Sport" badging to the LOOK AT ME RIGHT NOW style and weird tagline. This is a little disappointing as IMO the 200NS is such a pretty looking naked, even better than the Duke.
Doge is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed