Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2015, 18:14   #1
Team-BHP Support

New Honda Aviator image leaked

The scooter segment in India has been growing at a very fast pace. Honda is leading the way with its Activa range. The company is looking to increase its lead in the market with the introduction of a new version of the Aviator. An image of the 110 cc scooter has been leaked giving us an idea of the changes that it will feature.

New Honda Aviator image leaked-avaitor.jpg

The Avaiator gets a new design language. The chrome on the front apron has been left out and in its place is a pair of tall turn indicators. The scooter also gets a new headlight. Viewed from the side, the new Aviator does not look as bulky as the current model. The scooter gets multi-spoke alloy wheels, new tail lamps and a slimmer grab rail. The seat is also slimmer than that of the current model.

The 2015 Aviator is expected to continue using the same engine as the current model. The 109.2 cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled, 4-stroke unit produces 8 bhp @ 7000 rpm and 8.77 Nm of torque @ 5500 rpm. The V-Matic CVT gearbox is also likely to remain unchanged. Stopping power comes from a disc brake at the front and a drum brake at the rear. The scooter is also likely to be equipped with a combined braking system (CBS).

The Aviator is expected to be launched later this year.

Source: Motorbeam
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2015, 20:27   #2
BHPian

Re: New Honda Aviator image leaked

The tyres look much bigger in the pic than any of the current offerings.

Which means good news that this scooter will be much more agile in handling part. Somehow coming from the school of biking personally i feel driving the scooters with so small tyres always makes me nervous.

On second thoughts, one more gearless scooter with the same monotonous engine and performance figures, I wonder when will we graduate to bigger scooters. Or are we ready for that yet ?
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 06:15   #3
BHPian

No offence but the new Honda Aviator looks like the mix of TVS Vego and the chinese scooters people have there. The present Aviator is pretty appealing and has it's own charm. The tyres are too much big according to me. Honda should consider upgrading the specifications rather than just changing the looks.
Swapnil_Alto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 06:33   #4
Team-BHP Support

Looks feminine with those tall tear drop indicators.

I'm not sure this redesign will go down well with the target audience, but those big wheels do look encouraging. With the option of disc brakes as well- this could be a much better package to ride than the Activa 3G.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 13:17   #5
BHPian

IMO The design looks confused and lacks appeal whatsoever. The upper half is extremely feminine and the lower doesn't seem to relate much to it, don't think ladies will be really happy riding that bike-like thing. The mindset might change, but it will take its own sweet time, may be long enough for the product to die. I don't see them choosing this over activas and wegos and rays in the near future.

Or is it for the guys ?? The office goers and college dudes ?? Well, personally I would go for a proper bike. In case comfort was the top priority, a scooter it will be, i have ridden my brother's Aviator a number of times and i think its the best scoot for guys at the moment.

It looks like a clear case of function over form. This might combine the best of both bikes and scoots, but the positioning will be tricky. Curious to see what Honda's marketing team comes up with.

Also, purely based on personal experience and observation, I feel a lot of scooters go into the families where they're used by multiple members. For example - a man choosing a scoot over a bike so that it can be used, as and when required, by his wife or an old father, just for its usability and comfort. I am hoping this product may suit such households.
abhi29 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed