Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2017, 00:45   #226
BHPian

What's the price they're looking at? If priced at 2.25 or so, how many of us would buy it?
Old 3rd November 2017, 07:29   #227
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Twin-Cylinder 750cc Royal Enfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
What's the price they're looking at? If priced at 2.25 or so, how many of us would buy it?
Erm, their single cylinder CGT costs that much now. So this new twin cylinder would definitely priced at least at 2.8-3L ex-showroom. It wouldn't be fair to expect them to provide a 650+cc twin-cylinder bike with ABS at 2.25L at all.
Old 3rd November 2017, 07:53   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I will go for anything below 3.5 lakh OTR.

If priced bove 3 lakh, I will wait for atleast 1 year before making any purchase to identify the common niggles and issue.

If priced at 2.25, I will sell my TBTS 350 for 90K, and use my credit card for the remaining amount. I will make sure that my interceptor must be in the first 5 in the city. At this price it will be a steal.
Old 3rd November 2017, 08:03   #229
Senior - BHPian

My bike buying plans have been revived and this news came at the right time.
I just hope they don't screw up on the pricing front. And I pray they have got all the niggles taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Why do I have a feeling this configuration mite end up in the Himalayan. On a different note, this would be the second twin made by an Indian Company, the first one being the humble RD350 (Though it was an Indo-Japanese collaboration).
I sure hope this engine is shared with another model apart from the Cafe racer, reason being it will be good for long trips.

Not to forget the Jawa 350 twin although just a handful was sold before the company shut shop.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 09:28   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
My bike buying plans have been revived and this news came at the right time.
I just hope they don't screw up on the pricing front. And I pray they have got all the niggles taken care of.
I sure hope this engine is shared with another model apart from the Cafe racer, reason being it will be good for long trips.
Not to forget the Jawa 350 twin although just a handful was sold before the company shut shop.
The Himalayan with a twin cylinder configuration and ABS is just what the Indian market needs. The Himalayan BS4 is in my radar and I mite just go for it by end of Q1 2018. The fact what I liked about the Himalayan is the super comfortable suspension and the minimalistic design. But, at the back of my mind the issues faced by the BS3 owners is what taunts me. I hope all the issues have been rectified in the new BS4 version.
Regarding the engine on the 750, I am a bit doubtful if the engine would be suitable for the Himalayan. It's like using the Street Twin's engine on the tiger (just a gut feeling).
Thanks for pointing out on the Jawa 350, completely missed it out.
Old 3rd November 2017, 10:28   #231
BHPian

After looking at the teaser posted by Sidlal yesterday, in which an aerial shot reveals "TWO" riders negotiating a turn on a racetrack, I have a strong feeling that RE would showcase two versions of the bike at EICMA itself. One a cafe racer and other a standard (Bonnie style). RE very well knows that a huge market exists for retro modern types made popular by Triumph and they wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to flaunt their version.
Old 3rd November 2017, 10:44   #232
Team-BHP Support

Link to the live event for the EICMA unveil. "Watch two legends make a comeback. #RoyalEnfieldTwins"

Event will go live on November 7th, 8:24PM.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 16:22   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

I am astonished by the expectations of members on pricing the 750 twin.

2.25 lakhs, 2.5 lakhs!!!

Fyi, their single cylinder non-ABS Continental 535 GT retails at 2.25 lakhs on road! Barebones Bullet 500 is almost 2 lakhs on road. Heck even "once the super cheap" Ktm 390 single retails at 2.6 lakh on road.

Realistically 4-4.5 lakhs otr is a good price. I would say it is worth it if it proves to be niggle free. It is adequately fast, having seen it do 150+ kmph from youtube videos. I think it would be a perfect upgrade from the boring slow vibey Enfield 500s of today.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 16:37   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think it would be a perfect upgrade from the boring slow vibey Enfield 500s of today.
@ 2.25 the 750 can be offered as a boring slow vibey Enfield. But if RE enthusiast wants a proper twin expect the price to be above 4. There is no competition to what the RE will offer except the street HD. So pricing should be below the street yet will have the indian manufacturers benefit of service, spares and sales network that no competition can match to a large extent.

The bike so far looks anything but royal enfied. Even in videos the bike looks like terrific performer. Exciting times for RE.
Old 3rd November 2017, 16:38   #235
BHPian

Absolutely. I am also expecting pricing to be north of 4 lakh. Anything less and it will be truly ground-breaking. I sincerely hope this bike does not skimp on essential safety features such as proper ABS.
Old 3rd November 2017, 18:18   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Absolutely. I am also expecting pricing to be north of 4 lakh. Anything less and it will be truly ground-breaking. I sincerely hope this bike does not skimp on essential safety features such as proper ABS.
Worry not, the Govt. is forcing all the manufacturers (finally!) to offer ABS as standard on bikes above 150cc, so this bike has to come with ABS anyway. Whether that would be a single channel or dual channel is still an open point though. And as far as the pricing goes, I am expecting a 3.2 ex-showroom pricing at most - as the Continental GT has most of the kit that this bike would come equipped with, except for the ABS and the twin cylinder engine. So a lakh over the CGT is a reasonable expectation.. No?
Old 3rd November 2017, 18:31   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So a lakh over the CGT is a reasonable expectation.. No?
Has everything plus an extra engine, a first of a kind from factory and why not price it high. RE knows their bikes of 1950s still sell while other manufacturers have moved to 21st century. I mean this owning a bull for last 12 years.

I would be surprised if its sub 4L in the first place. Street 750 is some 4.98L. And even at 4.5L this bike will sell. At 3.25 they will sabotage anything between 350 and 750cc .

I said earlier, if i were RE, i will kill the 500 line up and just make this as their option post 350. The 500's should have come with the power and torque figures of this 750 in the first place.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 18:53   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry_der View Post
I will go for anything below 3.5 lakh OTR.
I don't see a chance for anything below 3.5 Lakh.
We can't expect such a value-for-money pricing from the guys who sell single cylinder NON-ABS 500cc bikes at 2.25 Lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Yes. Infact all of us hope so.
But it is almost like a dream that will never come true.

There is only so much perfection and quality levels that we can expect from a brand-new engine & model from a manufacturer, who has not been able to take care of some basic niggles and quality issues of its older, long-running & best selling models.
The recent Himalayan debacle has further emphasized this point.

But still there will be takers for the 750 cc twin-cylinder RE, because of the fact that we don't have so many other options in that category.

RE knows that well, and as usual they will do the beta-testing on the first batch of customers.

But if RE wants to taste success with any more models other than the age old bullet-350/500 and its derivatives, they need to seriously ensure quality control and refinement.

They were always lax and careless in quality control because like some die-hard bullet fans, the company too seems to believe that a true bullet lover should be a real man who should go through all these hardships of owning the bullet and then learn to live with those niggles.

But this attitude won't work anymore with new & future models.
Himalayan was an example of that.

So it will only do good to RE to test the 750 extensively for another couple of years more, to understand the long-term issues and niggles, rather than hurriedly launching it without any proper real-world testing and then failing, like the Himalayan.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 19:15   #239
Senior - BHPian

irrespective of the price, given the performance this bike is capable of, two things are a MUST- Tubeless Tyres and ABS. if this bike doesnt have these, then it will be very shameful
Old 3rd November 2017, 22:03   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

The Twin-Cylinder 750cc Royal Enfield-dnthpxov4aaxgdu.jpg

Royal Enfield just shared this image on Twitter. Interesting!

Link - https://twitter.com/royalenfield/sta...085313/photo/1
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks