Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2017, 15:05   #121
BHPian

Re: The Twin-Cylinder 750cc Royal Enfield

I wish I had the visual tools to mark out that the riders are still dressed in ill fitting jakets and jeans- and the same riders were seen on the Himalayan at its testing stages.
I have a serious issue becuase these same riders who extensively test rode the H either report to some Engineer (replace with fav word for moron) who does not listen to them or they dont bother reporting.
Else such piddling issues as poor gear shifting and loose forks and the plethora of issues would have been resolved a long time ago and the bike would have had a better reception in the market.
My fear for the machine being similarly 'compromised' has just been affirmed by the state of the rider astride the machine.
Old 22nd March 2017, 15:30   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
I wish I had the visual tools to mark out that the riders are still dressed in ill fitting jakets and jeans- and the same riders were seen on the Himalayan at its testing stages.
I have a serious issue becuase these same riders who extensively test rode the H either report to some Engineer (replace with fav word for moron) who does not listen to them or they dont bother reporting.
Else such piddling issues as poor gear shifting and loose forks and the plethora of issues would have been resolved a long time ago and the bike would have had a better reception in the market.
My fear for the machine being similarly 'compromised' has just been affirmed by the state of the rider astride the machine.
I can understand about the rant regarding the issues not being reported/listened to but pray tell me how is it relevant to the riders not dressing properly for test ride? Are you assuming that since their riding gear is bad they would have not reported correctly to their superiors?
Old 22nd March 2017, 16:14   #123
BHPian

I wont comment on the reveal picture but seriously who among us is ready to risk a 2 cylinder RE? The Classic 500 and 300 are in production for more than 7 years. The new Thunderbird for a similar period. And yet we continue hearing horror stories of breakdowns even forgetting all the niggles. The Himalayan launch has not inspired confidence in me that RE has improved to a significant extent. 2 cylinder RE has twice the number of failure points and each element is more stressed than single cylinder variant. I am keeping my finger crossed that RE proves me wrong but somehow I highly doubt it.
timuseravan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 17:38   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
I wont comment on the reveal picture but seriously who among us is ready to risk a 2 cylinder RE? The Classic 500 and 300 are in production for more than 7 years. The new Thunderbird for a similar period. And yet we continue hearing horror stories of breakdowns even forgetting all the niggles. The Himalayan launch has not inspired confidence in me that RE has improved to a significant extent. 2 cylinder RE has twice the number of failure points and each element is more stressed than single cylinder variant. I am keeping my finger crossed that RE proves me wrong but somehow I highly doubt it.
Absolutely. If one goes by the issues being reported by Himalayan owners, RE's quality control seems to be in the pits. So, until they really up their game, I'd be very wary of buying any newly launched Royal Enfield. Royal Enfields generally get better after a couple of years' production. So, maybe that's the time to consider one.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 22nd March 2017, 18:05   #125
BHPian

Ok, So who were asking for better pictures?

The Twin-Cylinder 750cc Royal Enfield-img_20170322_180106.jpg

The Twin-Cylinder 750cc Royal Enfield-screenshot_201703221801020078326555.png

All say thanks to Adil On Twitter
sathya.bhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 18:23   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Ummm isnt the photo in Adil's tweet from the bunch of photos which came out last July? The following pictures are from page 5 of this very same thread.

The Twin-Cylinder 750cc Royal Enfield-royalenfield1.jpg

The Twin-Cylinder 750cc Royal Enfield-royalenfield2.jpg
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 10:45   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I can understand about the rant regarding the issues not being reported/listened to but pray tell me how is it relevant ...
Here is my take on this matter- the clothes/gear is just a symptom. Here is my post from a parallel thread on the Himalayan- Am sure some points in it will resonate with your query. If there was someone senior enough to see off these riders, they would be dressed properly as they are wearing company branded gear- everything makes a difference. You dont get JPMC to work on your management and have people walk in wearing slippers- you get what I am trying to say?
Its a firm opinion, highlighted in Para 2 below. That is the genesis of what plagues RE. They want to go bigger with no one to guide them. At the level where it counts.

"I cannot but emphasise- that the bike has to undergo about 1L km of riding for ARAI certification itself, let alone getting the engine/chassis etcetra in order.
Riders not talking to engineers and engineers not giving a hoot to riders- can only be the problem- one or the other.
Now they have roped in JP Morgan Chase or some such for a restructuring and - whether true or a rumor- unless at the lowest level people start talking to each other, all will be lost again.
Ill fitting jackets on riders- is like reading on the 'broken window syndrome' and by looking at the letter/image posted above, it seems like the company is now reacting and is finding out the gravity of the situation now.
How could they not have known that the gear shifter was 'notchy' at best, and why did they not aim for a KTM like gearbox- why were their engineers not given competing bikes to figure out whats nice? or not so?
With the onslaught of the W800 (launch today- apparently) and the Rebel 500, RE will get stuck with the Sub-2L category and these others will set quality and performance benchmarks so high that RE faces a real threat to losing that market.
Like HD owners and many superbike owners, RE owners will soon shed the fear that a good ASS network is necessary to ride across India. If you have a good bike- made using good parts, then you dont need ASS every 100km.
Thats the concern that the RE guys will get over soon, and then the company will have real fight for the creamier portion of the pie."
Old 25th March 2017, 12:03   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
Here is my take on this matter- the clothes/gear is just a symptom.
While i may not agree on qualiy or fit of riding gear on a tester being a benchmark of a product, I do think that RE needs to pull up its quality team. A brand new bike irrespective of the price shouldnot rust in one rainy season, not should rubber parts perish every month or so. Oil leaks, fork seal leaks etc are signs of poor manufacturing and qc. Completely unacceptable in this day and age. Will I trust RE with a 3 lac 750cc twin? Not if they continue on their current path. Imagine someone like Harley messed up bigtime with their street 750, I wonder what RE might do...

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th April 2017 at 10:01. Reason: Quoted post trimmed. Inconveniences our small screen users.
Old 15th April 2017, 11:24   #129
BHPian

If only the 750 GT looks like this i am sold.
Attached Images

Old 15th April 2017, 11:37   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalangel View Post
If only the 750 GT looks like this i am sold.
With that muffler? No way. There are some pictures of the test bike in UK in earlier pages. Looks good with those twin upswept exhaust
Old 15th April 2017, 11:44   #131
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 17th April 2017 at 11:44.
rascalangel is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th April 2017, 12:40   #132
Senior - BHPian

I hope they make a classic upright handlebar version too, in addition to the cafe racer version. I like the cafe racer style but I am getting old, and like my upright-ness.

But first I hope its true that there is a 750 coming out . Would be great to break the mold that desi bikes have to be small displacement. Looking forward to the TVS Akila too. One of each - an Akila and an RE 750 - would be great to have.
Old 17th April 2017, 00:01   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
I hope they make a classic upright handlebar version too, in addition to the cafe racer version. I like the cafe racer style but I am getting old, and like my upright-ness.
I totally agree as I was thinking the same. I love the CGT but am more keen on the upright position than the cafe racer or sporty riding posture.

This guy has done a fantastic job with the CGT into a scrambler which can be related in context to the 750 too as all the rumors and spy pics suggest the twin in CGTish avatar. So the good looks of a CGT, 750 parallel twin and scrambler upright riding position would be a killer combo.

Last edited by The Great : 17th April 2017 at 00:02.
Old 17th April 2017, 05:32   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
This guy has done a fantastic job with the CGT into a scrambler which can be related in context to the 750 too as all the rumors and spy pics suggest the twin in CGTish avatar. So the good looks of a CGT, 750 parallel twin and scrambler upright riding position would be a killer combo.
I enjoy his videos but not a fan of the looks in that implementation. It looks like a cafe racer with raised bars. Just my taste, it should be more cohesive as an overall design. I think the current standard Bullet, Bonneville etc have the ergos spot-on with the feet slightly in front (but not forward controls).

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th April 2017 at 11:38. Reason: Video link removed
Old 12th May 2017, 20:44   #135
Senior - BHPian

Got some more pics from Facebook. The engine looks different from the photos posted earlier.

Totally 3 different engines seen in all the pictures posted in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
The Twin-Cylinder 750cc Royal Enfield-18342516_1689189927762602_3619803668346424045_n.jpg  

The Twin-Cylinder 750cc Royal Enfield-18342799_1689189954429266_8631095204401741038_n.jpg  

The Twin-Cylinder 750cc Royal Enfield-18425233_1689189917762603_3525881613924322830_n.jpg  

The Twin-Cylinder 750cc Royal Enfield-18485774_1689189947762600_2593188859964761566_n.jpg  

pedrolourenco is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed