Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2017, 10:11   #16
BHPian

Re: Motorbikes: Why have the front number-plate?

I agree the front number plates are too small to be clearly read by the naked eye or even get captured on a CCTV/ speed camera. Besides, some of the motorbikes fit these plates below the front headlamp housing/ fairing making it even tougher to read! Some rules really need to be changed and this is one of them.
I suggest instead of a number plate, the vehicle's insurance and PUC details should be displayed on a small disc/ plate like in the UK.

Last edited by Crankpin : 5th June 2017 at 10:12.
Old 5th June 2017, 19:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Motorbikes: Why have the front number-plate?

Boss, everyone seems to have forgotten that the cops need to see the front number plate at red lights to check whether your vehicle is out of state registered, and then take necessary actions accordingly.
Old 6th June 2017, 12:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post

If I'm not wrong, you are supposed to go to the court and pay the fine.
It's become simpler now. You get the chalans via post/SMS/app notifications. Online payment options are there, so no need to go to the court or anything.

License plates are captured as part of the photographic evidence posted along with the chalans. So we definitely can't expect leniency from the already over zealous cops if the front number plate is missing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks