Originally Posted by RYP View Post

[/b]

The First service cost break up:

Bajaj DTSi 10000_SAE20W50_210L = Rs.468/-
CF Oil = Rs.150.13/-
Oil Filter = Rs.74/-
Consumables = Rs.101.12/-
Total = Rs.793/-
That is substantially cheaper, the cost of first service for my CBR250R came to be around Rs. 1250/- The oil itself costed me Rs. 780/- (synthetic oil used)

I am presuming bajaj is using regular mineral oil. What does the manual recommend?
Old 1st June 2015, 17:35   #32
RYP
BHPian

Re: First Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
That is substantially cheaper, the cost of first service for my CBR250R came to be around Rs. 1250/- The oil itself costed me Rs. 780/- (synthetic oil used)

I am presuming bajaj is using regular mineral oil. What does the manual recommend?
Manual recommends the HP made Bajaj DTSi 10000_SAE20W50 for the first 6 services (3 Free + 3 Paid), and the drain period is rather high for a mineral oil - 10,000 kms . Warranty on the Engine and the Gearbox would be void otherwise and Bajaj seems to be quite strict on this oil usage.
Old 1st June 2015, 21:00   #33
BHPian

Re: First Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYP View Post
Manual recommends the HP made Bajaj DTSi 10000_SAE20W50 for the first 6 services (3 Free + 3 Paid), and the drain period is rather high for a mineral oil - 10,000 kms . Warranty on the Engine and the Gearbox would be void otherwise and Bajaj seems to be quite strict on this oil usage.
FYI, the HP made, Bajaj branded lubes are rated to API SL & JASO MA2. This is the highest rating for a mineral or semi-synthetic motorcycle oil.

I wouldn't trust any oil to last 10000 km in the harsh Indian conditions but the fact that it could last that long actually makes it quite a good oil.

http://www.hindustanpetroleum.com/cobrandedlubes
Motard_Blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 12:45   #34
BHPian

Re: My Pulsar RS200

Congratulations on your RS200. I have the 200NS and boy, it still puts a smile on my face every time I take it on long rides even though it's been a year I bought it.

On the engine oil front, I changed to the Motul 7100 fully synthetic oil at 8000 kms and I could sense the difference in gear-shifts and the engine vibrations. Everything seems to so much smoother.
Old 22nd July 2015, 18:08   #35
BHPian

Hello: Hope you are enjoying your ride. Bumped into this thread late, but at the right time.

Can you tell me something about the FE, tiring level, shoulder pains, knee pains, elbow pains..etc on long ride.
Also, how do you feel the vibrations? Are there any serious vibrations?

Please let me know. Thanks, deemash
Old 26th July 2015, 20:18   #36
RYP
BHPian

We've been on a short weekend trip from Bangalore to Coorg a month back on an i10 and the RS200. Quite a weird combination of vehicles actually but one complemented another and things went smooth and perfect or is it?

PS. Whole point of the trip is not to visit n number of places but just to relax and ride! with the rule of riding/driving only in natural light. Hence we did give it a miss on many places.

The Rides:
My Pulsar RS200-imag1284.jpg

My Pulsar RS200-imag1285.jpg

We took the traditional Mysore road for the upward journey to Coorg, we started at around 6.30AM. The weather was superb and it was just a run-off the mill ride until the foot hills of Coorg. Also made a customary visit to the Tibetian Monastry to see what the fuss is all about. May be it was overhyped or it was the scorching sun, we didn't find the monastry that great to be honest. Few clicks later we moved on.

My Pulsar RS200-imag1318.jpg
My Pulsar RS200-imag1300.jpg
My Pulsar RS200-imag1293.jpg

I was manning the RS throughout the journey and the ride from the foothills to Madikeri was the most exciting part, though there was more truck traffic than i expected. Few Ninja middleweights whizzed past me like a bullet train and all i could do was literally! The RS too was pulling quite effortlessly on the hills and there was never a period where i felt lack of power or torque. Even if u fell so, you're just a downshift away to be back in the power band. RS200 is the best all-rounder. Period.

Once we reached Madikeri called up our guy to take us to the homestay. It was a downhill journey, albeit in the other direction i.e the Mangalore Road. Somewhere in the middle of the hill spotted our place of stay and went straight into it for lunch.

My Pulsar RS200-imag1334.jpg
My Pulsar RS200-imag1333.jpg
My Pulsar RS200-imag1431.jpg

Homestay had a superb view onlooking the mountains and there was a little falls nearby too. Food was mostly average and we went back to Madikeri to for some site seeing and delicacies. Found a small hotel run by Keralites and the food tasted superb with reasonable to cheap pricing. Riding to our homestay in pitchblack 9PM downhill road seemed a thrilling experience. There was nothing before and behind me for many turns, not even our beloved partner - The i10. If someone amateur would have chanced a hand at mugging, that WAS the perfect opportunity . Woke up late the next day as there wasn't planned much on the second day. Had lunch after a rather tame river rafting (sailing) at the Dubare elephant camp.

Caption this?!?
My Pulsar RS200-imag1436.jpg

My Pulsar RS200-imag1445.jpg

Decided to take the Mangalore Highway back to Bangalore. From Kushal nagar to the Mangalore NH the route was just poeti, scenic and well laid 2 lane. We averaged 70kmph through out this stretch and the daylight was long running out. It was dark when we touched the NH48 and there was no option left other than ploughing on in the dark.

Then the inevitable happened - Sweet kiss from heaven a.k.a A Strong Downpour. We stopped near a toll gate and everyone (6 of us) got into the i10, waiting for the rain to subside. After some good 20 mins, heavy downpour stopped and we started to roll our wheels. I wasn't pushing the bike and was just cruising on an average of 70kmph considering the wet roads and slight drizzle. Then came the last blow, a bigger one at that - heavy showers and i too lost the i10 somewhere in the dark. After some good 1 hr of rain riding, reached Tumkur and rain subsiding is nowhere in the sight. Waning Quality of the Nice road was imminent that night with many potholes and million road pathches. But credit should be give to the RS200 here, the brilliant chassis never gave up anywhere be it hard braking or in the twisties or in the wet poor roads, it just rocked the show. Finally reached Electronic city at around 11PM with both my hands completely numb. Quite a ride!

Last edited by RYP : 26th July 2015 at 20:19.
RYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 15:08   #37
BHPian

Hi RYP:

1. What is the mileage that you get per litre of Petrol
2. Do you feel vibrations on the bike at speeds in the range (50-110 kmph)

Thanks!
Old 11th September 2015, 11:23   #38
RYP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Hi RYP:

1. What is the mileage that you get per litre of Petrol
2. Do you feel vibrations on the bike at speeds in the range (50-110 kmph)

Thanks!
Mileage is around 30-32 kmpl mark in mad-mad Bangalore traffic. Infact the vibrations eases out once you reach 50kmph and engine just roars all the way to the redline without any struggle or vibs.

P.S 130 kmph is where the redlining starts. Its a hoot totally!!
RYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 13:32   #39
BHPian

I know its been quite some time since you got your bike but congratulations!
I too have booked the red ABS version, will be my first bike.

I had my mind set on the Gixxer sf or the upcoming Honda hornet 160,since my budget was a lakh and i dint like the looks of the As200. At that time the RS200 wasn't launched in Goa.After seeing the RS200 in the flesh when i happened to visit the showroom to inquire about the As200, was happy to finally get a feel of it. Looks better in person than in pictures. Was hoping bajaj would launch the black color soon but dint have the patience to wait, red was good enough.

When i informed my friends that i booked the Rs200 , i was politely dissuaded from the bike since baja is not known for their quality/reliability.
So reading various ownership reviews on other forums about the NS200, which is a generation apart from the normal 150/180/220 cc pulsars in engineering and quality and which shares the same basic engineering with the Rs200. I was relived that baja has come a long way.

I will be glued to your thread so do update us regularly about how far baja has come in terms of quality and reliability.

Wish you million miles of blissful riding experience.

Regards
Old 11th September 2015, 16:52   #40
BHPian

Congrats on your machine! If I heard you correct, the service interval of RS200 seems to be 10,000 kms? That's insane, if true. Duke 390 officially comes with 7500 kms interval, with 10,000 being reserved for the more high-end adventure leaning bikes.

If you picked up the ABS version, how good/bad is it?
Old 12th September 2015, 00:35   #41
RYP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
I know its been quite some time since you got your bike but congratulations!
I too have booked the red ABS version, will be my first bike.

I had my mind set on the Gixxer sf or the upcoming Honda hornet 160,since my budget was a lakh and i dint like the looks of the As200. At that time the RS200 wasn't launched in Goa.After seeing the RS200 in the flesh when i happened to visit the showroom to inquire about the As200, was happy to finally get a feel of it. Looks better in person than in pictures. Was hoping bajaj would launch the black color soon but dint have the patience to wait, red was good enough.

When i informed my friends that i booked the Rs200 , i was politely dissuaded from the bike since baja is not known for their quality/reliability.
So reading various ownership reviews on other forums about the NS200, which is a generation apart from the normal 150/180/220 cc pulsars in engineering and quality and which shares the same basic engineering with the Rs200. I was relived that baja has come a long way.

I will be glued to your thread so do update us regularly about how far baja has come in terms of quality and reliability.

Wish you million miles of blissful riding experience.

Regards
Engine refinement needs a little push to be there with Honda-Yamaha levels. But they are almost an eon ahead of last gen pulsars. If not for the Discover 150F, AS200 would've looked unique rather than cheap. RS200 itself is a notch more refined compared to 200NS. Switch gear and other spares are almost on par with any Japanese bike out there in India or even better than a few (read : CBR150R). KTM is the best thing that could have happened to Bajaj. Go ahead and pick one, that could well be one of the great decisions you've taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
Congrats on your machine! If I heard you correct, the service interval of RS200 seems to be 10,000 kms? That's insane, if true. Duke 390 officially comes with 7500 kms interval, with 10,000 being reserved for the more high-end adventure leaning bikes.

If you picked up the ABS version, how good/bad is it?
10000kms interval does sound insane but nope, RS200 has a service interval of 5000kms.

Sadly mine is a Non-Abs variant. I was game for getting the ABS before launch but the quirky decision Bajaj made to offer ABS only on the front wheel was a huge dampener for me. Between, both the discs' offer excellent control and stopping power. Just make sure yours come with MRF Nylogrip Zappers, because few RS200 lots' come with tyres made by godforsaken TVS Srichakra.
RYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 14:17   #42
BHPian

Congrats on the bike @RYP and thank you for the great review.

Good to hear you are not having any issue with vibes. I got my RS200 four days back and only issue I am facing is that the fairing is vibrating with an audible buzz from 3.5-5K rpm. Hope it can be fixed during service.
Old 21st February 2016, 13:48   #43

Hello,

Any pointers on where I can test drive a RS-200 in Chennai? I have been to almost all KLN showrooms, but to no avail. All the more disheartening are the 60-day waiting period and unfriendly attitude of people at showrooms, pushing the yellow colour variant.

This also makes me more inclined towards NS-200 or something else.

Cheers,
Old 1st May 2016, 00:04   #44
BHPian

Hi All,

What is the long term report on the engine? How is it performing? What is the average that you all are getting? How is the NVH levels and any niggles?
Old 3rd May 2016, 14:58   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSaint View Post
Hi All,

What is the long term report on the engine? How is it performing? What is the average that you all are getting? How is the NVH levels and any niggles?
I've had the bike for 6 months/6000 kms now. Engine is pretty smooth with no issues on performance. It is a capable bike for the highways with good stability. I am getting 34kmpl during my daily city commute and close to 40 if driven on highway at 80-90 km/h.

Vibrations are an issue. The fairing gives an annoying vibe from 3000 - 4000 rpm which the service center guys have been unable to resolve till now. Handlebar/footpeg vibes are minimal when compared to earlier pulsars.
xander is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks