Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2015, 13:30   #1
Team-BHP Support

Bajaj to launch Avenger with NS200 engine this year

Bajaj Auto is gearing up to launch an updated version of the Avenger cruiser motorcycle in India. The updated bike is not likely to be significantly different from the current model in terms of styling. However, on the mechanical front, it will get a major update.

The Avenger will get the same engine that powers the Pulsar 200NS - a 200cc, single-cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled engine that develops 23 BHP @ 9,500 rpm and 18.3 Nm of torque @ 8,000 rpm. The engine will be mated to a 6-speed gearbox. This will make it more powerful than the current model, which is powered by a 220cc, single-cylinder, 4-stroke, air-cooled engine that puts out 19 BHP @ 8,400 rpm and 17.5 Nm of torque @ 7,000 rpm.

It is also possible that the updated Avenger will get a disc brake at the rear to enhance its braking capability.

According to media reports, company officials have confirmed that the Avenger 200 will be the next product to be launched. The bike is expected to be launched during the festive season in late 2015 and is likely to be priced at Rs. 95,000 (approximately).

Bajaj to launch Avenger with NS200 engine this year-av_red.jpg

Source: Zigwheels
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 14:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bajaj to launch Avenger with NS200 engine this year

Finally, someone at Bajaj remembers the Avenger. Somehow I feel that Bajaj never realized the potential of a budget cruiser like the Eliminator / Avenger. They have not given the Avenger any significant updates in all these years.

They might have as well waited a bit longer and gone for the 375cc version with killer pricing. Just imagine a 35 - 40 bhp cruiser at the price of a Bullet 350 Standard. I am not sure if the chassis is the limiting factor though.

The bike has classic looks no doubt, but no cosmetic updates after a decade of being in the market is just pushing things too much in my humble opinion.
Viju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 16:56   #3
BANNED

+1 to Viju

I seriously doubt if Rajiv Bajaj encourages/push his R&D to invent something new other than using the Technology Partner's engine to add up spark plugs. Avenger to me is a machine that has serious potential in market in the form of buyers who want to own a cruiser considerably at a lower price, but nothing has been changed in the bike since Bajaj took over the vehicle from Kawasaki in the last decade except the position of ignition switch aka key.

Last edited by Amarkarthi : 18th May 2015 at 16:58. Reason: Better Sentence structure
Amarkarthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 17:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj Avenger - A bike designed by Japanese, engine made by Austrians & built in India for Indians. Real Globalization
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 18:14   #5
BHPian

Completely agree with viju here.
The avenger screams updates.
Extremely interesting point which says "35-40 BHP cruiser at a price point of Classic 350 or a Thunderbird 350"
Bajaj please pay some more attention to the avenger and you seriously have another winner (alongside the pulsar brand ).
I can see avenger becoming an great Value for money cruiser if the updates are planned and executed properly
GypsyKing_775 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks