Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2015, 13:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: DSK Benelli TNT 300 - My Red Italian Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
Thanks bro!

I think both Ninja 300 and Duke 390 are different types of machines with different set of characteristics in comparison to TNT 300. Hence, the reason I said that we should be more matured to look past performance and price as personality of a bike and it's match with the rider is key to the joy of riding too. Just my 2 cents.
I agree about a lot else going into the bike-rider chemistry than just price or performance.

What I meant was that in India, we compare bikes in similar price bands, or capacity bands, or performance bands. And combinations of the 3 in between one of the 3 to all of the 3.

Looking at that, the D390, RC390, N300, and B300 are currently the closest competition for prioritizing in your consideration-set when a rider enters the market for either of the 3.

When and if the R3 and CBR300 are launched, they will expand this club to 5. You could probably also add the naked Z250 to the list. Maybe even the Himalayan from RE if it gets the 34 bhp it is rumored to get, and moves like a modern performance bike should.

A club which is made up of 250 to 400 cc performance machines, naked or faired, costing between 2 to 4 lacs, early 30s to early 40s bhp, and each being able to hit the ton or more. A club that a significant majority of performance-minded Indian riders will migrate to for either their "fast" bike, or their second "cheap fast" bike (for those already having moved beyond and up the performance/cc/price ladder).

This is basically currently the pointy end for the big Indian manufacturers, after which its all imports.

Last edited by ebonho : 26th May 2015 at 13:26.
ebonho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 15:08   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Looking at that, the D390, RC390, N300, and B300 are currently the closest competition for prioritizing in your consideration-set when a rider enters the market for either of the 3.

When and if the R3 and CBR300 are launched, they will expand this club to 5. You could probably also add the naked Z250 to the list. Maybe even the Himalayan from RE if it gets the 34 bhp it is rumored to get, and moves like a modern performance bike should.
I agree. This segment is going to heat up further when the Pulsar (AS, RS and NS) and TVS-BMW bikes are available. Good for the customers I guess.

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire lengthy post as it inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th May 2015 at 15:13.
Old 27th May 2015, 14:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for the details and sweet images. I've personally been looking to switch over from my Thunderbird 350, and the TNT300 seems like a good, well designed buy. Like you, I'm more about the pushing the odometer than speedometer. Most people have been raving on about the exhaust note and I'm definitely keeping an ear out for that whenever I go for a test ride.

One major concern for me is the service support. Haven't heard any great things about DSK-Hyosung, so I'm, curious to see how this one turns out in the long run.

Quote:
With respect to seats, they are decently comfortable for rides under 1-2 hours. Any longer could become tricky as my bum was numbing sooner than I anticipated. It could also be due to the fact that I haven’t ridden a bike in almost 3 years and my bum probably needs running in too.
Probably the case. Being regular with your riding should help improve your personal comfort.
Old 27th May 2015, 15:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Probably the case. Being regular with your riding should help improve your personal comfort.
Bum run-in (break-in describes it more aptly ....) is a very important/critical part of riding anything actually.

Just got back into cycling, and am currently in the bum break-in phase. Sans padded tights. I like doing things the hard way. That way when the padded tights come, the pleasure will be even greater.
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 17:27   #20

Nice review @classic86, thanks for posting. The Benelli 300 looks great in Red, Congratulations!

So, how does it feel to ride a Benelli after owning / riding an Enfield?
Old 28th May 2015, 02:37   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamdrider View Post

Yes, I'm interested in your opinion too, about riding a benelli after an Enfield.

Thanks for the review, heard her with IXIL's the other day, and I was like "damn! That's a twin cylinder?". Managed to turn every head on the road. A group of guys even murmured "Modified FZ daa, without air filter", needless to say, I was in splits LOL.

I'm kind of surprised benelli does not offer any accessories other than the IXIL, weird. Did a quick eBay search and as expected, fished out a lot of accessories for it, maybe that could cater to you if you're looking for something.

Have a safe and splendid ownership and do keep this thread updated because I'm subscribed already :-D
Old 28th May 2015, 06:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations brother. It looks gorgeous in red.

Its really nice to see our market is finally receiving at-least the entry-level sports bikes that the world enjoys. Am looking for an upgrade as well and TNT300 is one of the strong contenders along with Z250 ofcourse. Would have a close eye on your ownership experience. Keep us posted with updates on service experience and performance post the run-in is over.

Quote:
...With respect to seats, they are decently comfortable for rides under 1-2 hours. Any longer could become tricky as my bum was numbing sooner than I anticipated. It could also be due to the fact that I haven’t ridden a bike in almost 3 years and my bum probably needs running in too...
That is definitely the case. I remember back in 2007 when I got the RTR people used to complain about the riding posture leading to discomfort over long runs but after starting with small rides I managed to do 600kms in a day and 1200+kms in 3 days on the same. So its all about getting used to the posture. Bum-running-in required indeed
Old 28th May 2015, 10:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the leap of faith, and good review. The bike suits you Any review from pillion point of view?
Old 28th May 2015, 10:43   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the details and sweet images. I've personally been looking to switch over from my Thunderbird 350, and the TNT300 seems like a good, well designed buy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamdrider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Yes, I'm interested in your opinion too, about riding a benelli after an Enfield.
I think it would be a good upgrade for someone similar to me who would want better quality, higher performance and some great styling to ensure it's unique (pricing helps build that case to some extent too ).

With bikes at least, uniqueness is a key point for me as I see many Classics and Thunderbirds on the road these days when compared to 2010-11 when I first got my Classic 500. Also, this is perfect hybrid for local and long distance rides as I feel you can enjoy an Enfield much better on the highways and rural areas than in Cities. Furthermore, add that sweet exhaust note and we almost get a perfect replacement for folks like me who care about the sound of their ride. Nonetheless, the thump of an Enfield is unique and I will cherish it as my 1st bike for a long time.

Few things that need to be tested though are service quality, which I think should be quite comparable to the Enfields (not the best but sufficient I guess), and long term quality, which would be key for long distance rides. I'm willing to take the jump as I live now and not in the future.
classic86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 11:55   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm willing to take the jump as I live now and not in the future.
Lovely so very pertinent point bro. Be it for bikes, cars, or technology.

The only thing guaranteed with waiting for the next best/better thing is you getting older.
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 12:00   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Congrats on the leap of faith, and good review. The bike suits you Any review from pillion point of view?
Just had one few days back with my friend and he felt slightly uncomfortable as the bike was lunging with quite an ease during acceleration and decelerating quickly during hard braking. This resulted in him bumping into my helmet frequently and he was holding on to the seat quite often during quick acceleration. So, not the best for newbie pillions. I say newbie because he has sat on one in the last 2-3 years and I haven't ridden one in the same time. So, I think for regular riders, it should be normal as the acceleration is not as high it is with Duke 390

Quote:
One major concern for me is the service support. Haven't heard any great things about DSK-Hyosung, so I'm, curious to see how this one turns out in the long run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Am looking for an upgrade as well and TNT300 is one of the strong contenders along with Z250 ofcourse. Would have a close eye on your ownership experience. Keep us posted with updates on service experience and performance post the run-in is over.
Yes! Service is quite important and seeing how DSK is partnering in some of the cities with the Skoda group for logistics or for direct management, quality of service will be a high priority. Although there are quite a few people who got their 1st service done at the Bangalore centre and they are quite happy with it so far (touch wood). Let's hope its maintained the same throughout India. Also, I believe serviceability will be less of an issue on 300 in comparison to their other premium bikes mainly due the nature of service needed. Let's see.

Quote:
Hopefully. Had similar experience in cycling and it got better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Bum run-in (break-in describes it more aptly ....) is a very important/critical part of riding anything actually.

Just got back into cycling, and am currently in the bum break-in phase. Sans padded tights. I like doing things the hard way. That way when the padded tights come, the pleasure will be even greater.
You sure it won't numb further as the padded tights could insulate it too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
That is definitely the case. I remember back in 2007 when I got the RTR people used to complain about the riding posture leading to discomfort over long runs but after starting with small rides I managed to do 600kms in a day and 1200+kms in 3 days on the same. So its all about getting used to the posture. Bum-running-in required indeed
Wow! Those are quite some rides. Hope you chug along further like a marathon runner. We need more people embracing the roads and motorcycling as a serious hobby. Though drive safe.

Last edited by manson : 28th May 2015 at 17:25. Reason: Please avoid back to back posts by using the edit tab whilst posting within an interval of 20 minutes.
Old 28th May 2015, 12:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You sure it won't numb further as the padded tights could insulate it too much?
The ischial tuberosities (bum sit-bones) are where all the action is. Unrelieved pressure at those two points means blood stops flowing there. Blood stops flowing = pain (often excruciating). Then there is other nasty cyclist stuff like bruising, crushing, squeezing, chaffing, redness, rash, etc.

A good pair of specialized tights is worth the money you pay for them.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 14:30   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Also adding to my previous point, the air pressure of the rear tyre was not at its optimum. Hence, the ride wasn't the best but the seat and overall riding position are quite normal and comfortable.
Old 28th May 2015, 21:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

COngrats, bike looks Hot!!!!

I am keen to know whats your views on the classic 500 when compared to TNT, i know cant be compared but on an overall perspective when these 2 bike are compared, you think TNT makes better sense?

I own a CI500 and planning to upgrade
Old 29th May 2015, 13:07   #30
BHPian

Congratulations mate! Thats a lovely bike in a really beautiful color. Great choice.

Wish you many miles of driving bliss. Ride hard ride safe!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks