Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2015, 08:44   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
COngrats, bike looks Hot!!!!

I am keen to know whats your views on the classic 500 when compared to TNT, i know cant be compared but on an overall perspective when these 2 bike are compared, you think TNT makes better sense?

I own a CI500 and planning to upgrade

Thanks buddy...

With respect to Classic 500, TNT 300 as indicated earlier is good upgrade for riders who prefer uniqueness on the road, unique exhaust note, more power and better ride and handling than other bikes in the segment for long rides. Also, the bike is a looker on the road and you'll love the design bits more in person than in pics. Furthermore, quality and reliability seem much better than Classic 500 so far and it's a great tourer akin to Classic 500.

Finally, I just want to let you know that the above mentioned qualities were what I looked for when I bought the Classic 500. I would have gladly bought the same but it lost out on those qualities right now. So, it's a very subjective choice. Just take test drive and you could fall in love just like me if these are the same qualities you are looking for.
Old 31st May 2015, 08:46   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy View Post
Congratulations mate! Thats a lovely bike in a really beautiful color. Great choice.

Wish you many miles of driving bliss. Ride hard ride safe!

Thanks bro! You ride safe too
Old 2nd June 2015, 23:56   #33
BHPian

Re: DSK Benelli TNT 300 - My Red Italian Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
Thanks buddy...

With respect to Classic 500, TNT 300 as indicated earlier is good upgrade for riders who prefer uniqueness on the road, unique exhaust note, more power and better ride and handling than other bikes in the segment for long rides. Also, the bike is a looker on the road and you'll love the design bits more in person than in pics. Furthermore, quality and reliability seem much better than Classic 500 so far and it's a great tourer akin to Classic 500.

Finally, I just want to let you know that the above mentioned qualities were what I looked for when I bought the Classic 500. I would have gladly bought the same but it lost out on those qualities right now. So, it's a very subjective choice. Just take test drive and you could fall in love just like me if these are the same qualities you are looking for.
Just saw one in Mumbai near Siddhivinayak temple, the number-plate suggested it was from Pune. I got smitten by the stance, the black colour and the exhaust note. The bike made its presence felt and yet it didn't feel gaudy. The owner happily obliged to my request to hear the sound by throttling it harder and boy it felt awesome.

I totally agree on your points sir. This could just be what the Inazuma couldn't (which apart from the subjective looks was an awesome package with bad marketing and wrong pricing failure).

Sporty yet not too much, aggressive yet sedate smooth when needed, mix of city as well as highway capabilities. Not an out and out hooligan (no pun intended) but just as fast for our roads.

The longevity, reliability and availability of parts remains to be seen though. Still, the brand also has a long way to go to establish itself in India. Also the KTM 390 (its direct competitior) wins hands down in terms of price and performance, although the full sports dna and the extra loud styling has stopped me from buying the 390. The price difference of over 1L is substantial though.

I request you to kindly keep this ownership thread alive with pics from time to time for enthusiasts like us sir. Cheers !!
Old 3rd June 2015, 15:37   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
The longevity, reliability and availability of parts remains to be seen though. Still, the brand also has a long way to go to establish itself in India. Also the KTM 390 (its direct competitior) wins hands down in terms of price and performance, although the full sports dna and the extra loud styling has stopped me from buying the 390. The price difference of over 1L is substantial though.

I request you to kindly keep this ownership thread alive with pics from time to time for enthusiasts like us sir. Cheers !!
Will do bro!

On a side note with respect to brand presence, just received this package from DSK Benelli and was thoroughly surprised as I wasn't expecting it.

DSK Benelli TNT 300 - My Red Italian Beauty-fullsizerender.jpg

The small black coloured, cylinder shaped object is a LED torch light and it's quite bright.

DSK Benelli TNT 300 - My Red Italian Beauty-img_3026.jpg

Even though its not much, the letter and the small gift shows the amount of care they are putting into pleasing the customer. Hope it sustains and extends to the actual service at the dealership too.

Last edited by classic86 : 3rd June 2015 at 15:38.
classic86 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 16:05   #35
BHPian

Great move by Benelli again, right there ! They are hitting the right note to the concerns of the audience in the segment.

Btw, what is that gift ? Couldn't infer from the image.
Old 3rd June 2015, 16:22   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Great move by Benelli again, right there ! They are hitting the right note to the concerns of the audience in the segment.

Btw, what is that gift ? Couldn't infer from the image.
It's an LED torch light. Quite bright and well built.
Old 3rd June 2015, 17:18   #37
BHPian

That's a really good looking bike you've got there. Although I must admit, your MT Blade looks equally good. I had checked out the Benelli showroom here in Pune last month. Everything seemed to be going great with the sales pitch from the showroom guys untill I enquired about servicing and service centres. Everything just went downhill after that. Hope you don't face any A** issues in your city.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd June 2015 at 17:21. Reason: Removed dots from the post.
Old 3rd June 2015, 18:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMachine View Post
That's a really good looking bike you've got there. Although I must admit, your MT Blade looks equally good. I had checked out the Benelli showroom here in Pune last month. Everything seemed to be going great with the sales pitch from the showroom guys untill I enquired about servicing and service centres. Everything just went downhill after that. Hope you don't face any A** issues in your city.
One of my friends had Hysoung bike and he mentioned he did not face service issue. Since DSK looks after Benelli, we can hope the service at par.
Old 3rd June 2015, 22:50   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMachine View Post
Thanks. I hope too that there are no issues with the service. Feedback from other cities till date seems fine.
Old 4th June 2015, 11:52   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I hope too that there are no issues with the service.
Hi Classic86,

Congrats on your bike she does look very good in the red shade you have chosen.

Does DSK also offer you silencer upgrades for the 300? Is it just a slip-on or do they have a full blown exhaust with ECU mappings?

How is the Low End Torque of the bike? Does she pull neatly in higher gears at lower RPM as well?
Old 4th June 2015, 12:32   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Hi Classic86,

Congrats on your bike she does look very good in the red shade you have chosen.

Does DSK also offer you silencer upgrades for the 300? Is it just a slip-on or do they have a full blown exhaust with ECU mappings?

How is the Low End Torque of the bike? Does she pull neatly in higher gears at lower RPM as well?
Thank you.

It does offer the IXIL exhaust as an upgrade for Rs. 26000/-. I'm not 100% sure but based on the videos online, it does seem like a slip-on. Nonetheless, I will be visiting the dealership soon as I convinced another friend of mine to buy the 300. I will ask the manager if this is a slip on or a full blown exhaust with ECU mappings.

The bike is heavy at 190 kgs in comparison to others in this segment. Hence, the low end torque is not the best thus affecting the straight line acceleration a bit in comparison to Duke 390. That being said, its faster than Z250 and it has a good mid range performance and this can be seen when you are pulling at higher gears (5/6) at low rpm (2000-3000). In fact, you could pull easily at 40/50 kmph in 6th gear but I wouldn't suggest it. I have heard from other 300 owners that this bike is a whole together different machine when you go past 7000 rpm and I can't wait to test it.
classic86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 12:38   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you.

It does offer the IXIL exhaust as an upgrade for Rs. 26000/-.
Wow 26K is quite a lot of money and I think it might be a FFE Setup with revised ECU Mappings. If they are quoting for a slip on then I think the bike might be better off without it

Take Care and Ride safe mate
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 12:52   #43
BHPian

With 10 days to go for the 1st service, short of 500 kms on the odometer from pushing the revs beyond 5000 and the clouds covering the sun god, my Italian beauty was eager to let the beast out on an open stretch.

However, the question I had was whether I should wait for the dealer to arrange a ride to Hill Park, a prominent spot on the outskirts of Hyderabad for riders, or take my friend/cousin along who will be merely sleeping as a pillion.

Then came the thought behind my decision to buy a bike in the first place and it was to rejuvenate myself. So why wait for someone to join when I can create my own path! Hence, started my journey on a lovely Saturday morning when the weather gods were kind and it was perfect with a slight bit of cloud cover to make me forget about the heat for the last one month and enjoy the beauty as it was meant to be.

Ride 1: Hill Park Restaurant

Distance Covered: ~170 Kms

Duration: ~4 hours with a breakfast halt for 30 minutes

Thoughts: The phrase 'taming the beast' is the most apt for this ride as I had to restrain myself from going past 5000 rpm on an open highway and it was so hard. Never thought restraining can be this hard! Nonetheless, I'm closer than ever to my 1st target of 1000 kms and I'm contemplating another similar ride next week.

Finally, one thing that I learned from this ride is that people around you would always question why go all the way for breakfast or why this bike or why spend so much when you can spend less for a similar ride. Heck! My mom never questioned my choice except for safety. So my suggestion to newbies here like me is to ignore the rest and enjoy your ride.

Explored all kinds of terrain (highways, streets, dirt roads, broken stretches, and speed bumps-batches of 10 )
DSK Benelli TNT 300 - My Red Italian Beauty-screen-shot-20150608-10.59.00-am.png

Inconspicuous nature can be good sometimes when you are far away from home
DSK Benelli TNT 300 - My Red Italian Beauty-img_3086.jpg

DSK Benelli TNT 300 - My Red Italian Beauty-img_3090-1.jpg

DSK Benelli TNT 300 - My Red Italian Beauty-img_3094-1.jpg
classic86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 16:49   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hey bro thanks for inputs, i am following your ownership experience and for now this bike seems to be a ideal bike for me, am looking for a allrounder...

I have even STD500 in the list but not too keen about it...

Quote:
Thanks buddy...

Old 8th June 2015, 18:22   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Hey bro thanks for inputs, i am following your ownership experience and for now this bike seems to be a ideal bike for me, am looking for a allrounder...

I have even STD500 in the list but not too keen about it...
Well! I hope you join the band of 300 too

STD500 is a good bike too but a different league. Give the 300 a test ride and I'm sure about your choice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks