Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2015, 08:14   #61
BHPian

Re: DSK Benelli TNT 300 - My Red Italian Beauty

I guess there's no official thread on the TNT300, so posting it here.

It seems customer deliveries have already started here in Kerala. Just saw a white 300 whizzing past traffic here in Perumbavoor. I was in my car parked by the roadside when I heard this awesome sound booming up from behind me. Just when I turned back, the bike whizzed past me. Couldn't take a photo as it all happened too fast. Gotta say! Those massive rear tyres and that booming sound. This is one hell of a beast!
Old 15th November 2015, 23:06   #62
BHPian

Would the service of benelli be same as Yamaha or Kawasaki ? I mean in terms of part availability.
Old 23rd December 2015, 18:56   #63
Senior - BHPian

Took a test drive of the TNT 300 today. Damn it sounds awesome and was a definite head turner.
Old 8th January 2016, 15:42   #64
BHPian

Hi, I am planning to get myself a TNT 300 for daily commute.
How does the bike behave in heavy traffic?
How is the service and maintenance of the TNT?

And as my commute is 30 kms one way, the important question, KITNA DETI HAI?
Old 13th March 2016, 09:02   #65
BHPian

@ Classic86: Thanks for sharing the ownership review and unbiased comments. I have been thinking of getting a Bike for weekend pleasure rides. Am neither looking at racing bikes nor at bikes for commuting. I had a look at HD and some of the comments on HD regarding the heating up is somewhat unsettling.

a. How are you finding the overall experience of driving a Benelli ? This in terms of comfort of ride, the servicing and any other thing that typically comes about after driving a bike.
b. One of your travel mates, has a 600 GT. The guy at the showroom was telling me that 600 GT is the right bike that will serve my purpose - ie of travelling long distances purely for pleasure rides and fun. Would be wonderful, if your friend shares his experience.
c. I have not owned or driven a bike before - it has been a scooter followed by 4 Wheelers. So any inputs, will be great.
Old 14th March 2016, 00:06   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
c. I have not owned or driven a bike before - it has been a scooter followed by 4 Wheelers. So any inputs, will be great.
Well, then it makes little sense to go for 300/600 cc bikes as your first bike. It's always advisable to gradually progress from a lower capacity to higher capacity bike.

Less powerful bikes are very forgiving. Even if you crash (which you will eventually), it won't be fatal. You'll learn a lot on it and using those skills you can gradually move on to 300cc, then 600 and eventually litre class.

I suggest you buy a 2nd hand 150cc bike preferably (Gixxer, FZ all are good choices) or else NS 200 or Duke 200. Thrash them for a while and then buy a brand new powerful bike.

Good luck.
emperorofindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 16:16   #67
BHPian

Hi, I've booked the TNT300 after a lot of research. Let me try answering some of your questions.
Quote:
a. How are you finding the overall experience of driving a Benelli ? This in terms of comfort of ride, the servicing and any other thing that typically comes about after driving a bike.
Ride :
Its very comfortable as you sit upright and do not need to lean a lot.
The bike can literally glide over bad roads. Suspension can be adjusted according to your comfort.

Servicing :
The service interval is very short at 3000 kms. The servicing cost is on the higher side.
The bike gulps 3.5 ltrs of synthetic engine oil at each servicing (~800-900 per liter).

Quote:
b. One of your travel mates, has a 600 GT. The guy at the showroom was telling me that 600 GT is the right bike that will serve my purpose - ie of travelling long distances purely for pleasure rides and fun. Would be wonderful, if your friend shares his experience.
600 GT is definately better for touring, if that's the only thing that you plan to do. But you also have options like Ninja 650.
Versys for that purpose which are better than the GT as they are lighter and have Kawasaki reliability.
GT is much heavier at 243 Kgs compared to Versys at ~216 Kgs.

But GT being an inline 4, its much smoother and sounds much better.

Quote:
Practice and get used to driving a bike before you buy these expensive bike.
Probably practising for a few days can also help you decide on what you exactly require.
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 16:46   #68
BHPian

I am really on the edge of booking a TNT 300, but changing synthetic oil every 3000 kms sounds extremely stupid.
Synthetic oils are meant to last approx 10000 kms, and certainly the kind of usage these bikes have in India does not include going to the race track every weekend and redlining in each gear for a couple of hours.

Also chain cleaning and lubing can be done at home every two weeks or 500 kms whichever is earlier.

So logically, the service cost should be just labour approx 2.5k every 3 months and maybe replacing the oil every 6 or 9 months based on usage.
Old 14th March 2016, 17:43   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
I am really on the edge of booking a TNT 300, but changing synthetic oil every 3000 kms sounds extremely stupid.
Synthetic oils are meant to last approx 10000 kms, and certainly the kind of usage these bikes have in India does not include going to the race track every weekend and redlining in each gear for a couple of hours.

Also chain cleaning and lubing can be done at home every two weeks or 500 kms whichever is earlier.

So logically, the service cost should be just labour approx 2.5k every 3 months and maybe replacing the oil every 6 or 9 months based on usage.
I completely agree with you.
Changing synthetic oil in just 3k kms is not necessary at all.
This just looks the company's plan of looting the customer.
The customer has to do it in case he doesn't want to void the warranty.
With oil, company also recommends changing the oil filter, and chain lubrication every 3k kms.
Old 27th May 2016, 11:57   #70
Senior - BHPian

Its a day time robbery!!! 3K KM for fully synthetic oil is a joke.

Its the only concern that I have as far as buying a Bnenelli is concerned. 3-4K per 3K KM/4 months and we are looking at 10-12K yearly which is costlier than maintaining a car!!!

How other manf are playing on this front? Do they have similar short service cycles?
Old 27th May 2016, 13:35   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
3K KM for fully synthetic oil is a joke.
Well, 3k Kms might be too early. 5k-6k Kms is better interval for bikes.
Even if it's synthetic oil, let's not compare oil drain interval of cars with bikes. Oil drain interval for bikes is always earlier compared to cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
Synthetic oils are meant to last approx 10000 kms
Old 15th November 2016, 16:27   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
Thank you sir! Glad to help on your doubts.

3. It is short and expensive at ~ Rs. 3000-4000 for every service. But please be noted that it is a proper twin cylinder bike unlike a KTM and the quality can be felt in the ride and feel of the machine. So, plan the costs accordingly and if everything fits in your budget (even if its a little stretch more than you could afford), the bike is worth every penny.

Hope the answers above help!
Hi, What is the service interval for this bike. Also, if you have any idea about the service intervals of 600i? Thanks in advance.
Old 15th November 2016, 17:45   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
if you have any idea about the service intervals of 600i? Thanks in advance.
600i and 600GT needs to be serviced every 4 months / 4000 kms. Average service cost would be around 7k - 8k for just the regular items like oil and filters.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 10:37   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
Hi, What is the service interval for this bike. Also, if you have any idea about the service intervals of 600i? Thanks in advance.
The intervals mentioned below are right. However, service costs are not that high. basic service is anywhere between Rs. 4000 - 5000 at least in Hyderabad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
600i and 600GT needs to be serviced every 4 months / 4000 kms. Average service cost would be around 7k - 8k for just the regular items like oil and filters.
classic86 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 18:03   #75
BHPian

The annual service cost of tnt 300 sounds like on par with my VW polo (which is on higher side compared to Maruti and Hyundai, but not complaining as the quality it offers is different). Definitely on higher side for a 300cc bike. Service intervals and oil and filter change frequency also doesn't seem logical.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks