Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2016, 15:36   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop: New motorcycle caught testing. Is this the TVS Draken?

TVS Motor Company Indonesia has revealed the name of the upcoming Apache motorcycle through a teaser. The bike will be called the Apache RTR 200 4V.

Scoop: New motorcycle caught testing. Is this the TVS Draken?-x.jpg

TVS is expected to reveal the Apache RTR 200 4V in India on January 20, 2016.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 15:23   #32
BHPian

Here is how I imagined the bike would look like. Rendered in Autodesk Sketchbook Pro on my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: New motorcycle caught testing. Is this the TVS Draken?-1452937158259.jpg  

Scoop: New motorcycle caught testing. Is this the TVS Draken?-1452937187485.jpg  

Scoop: New motorcycle caught testing. Is this the TVS Draken?-1452937203777.jpg  

puneeth2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 15:05   #33
BHPian

TVS Apache 200 full revealed in 20 photos

It is not powerful than KTM Duke 200, as reported earlier.

https://www.rushlane.com/exclusive-t...-12180368.html
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: New motorcycle caught testing. Is this the TVS Draken?-tvs-apache-200-red.jpg  

Scoop: New motorcycle caught testing. Is this the TVS Draken?-tvs-apache-200-speedometer.jpg  

mayanksabharwal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 15:47   #34
BHPian

Doesn't look wow worthy at all. The specs (below) are a total disappointment barring the ABS.

Quote:
197.75 cc single cylinder oil-cum-liquid cooled carbureted engine which will generate peak power of 20.23 hp @ 8,500 rpm and peak torque of 18.1 Nm @ 7,000 rpm via a five speed gearbox. Weighing 140 kgs
I don't know why it took them this long to come up with these mediocre specs.
Bajaj came with a much better 200NS 4 years back!

As an owner of RTR160, this doesn't interest me even a little bit. Add to that, the initial niggles, the poor ASS and the inexistent customer support from the company, 'meh' turns into 'undesirable'.

Some reports were claiming that this bike would be quicker than Duke 200, LOL. This bike is sure to get its rear whooped by Pulsar, forget Duke. The claimed top speed is only 6km/h more than RTR180 and 11 km/h more than RTR160

Finally, they are boasting about the 0-60 time of 3.9s as if it is mph

Last edited by theredliner : 17th January 2016 at 15:51.
theredliner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 14:10   #35
BHPian

Now whom would we believe? Zigwheels has a report which says the bike makes 26PS of power and 22nm of torque!! Source: Zigwheels

Better wait for the launch! These people may just be speculating!
puneeth2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 14:11   #36
BHPian

After two years of silence, a company like TVS launching a 200cc Apache with less than stellar specs is - completely confusing.

Either this shows, they were fully engaged with the BMW projects,

[or]

Expect a surprising list of Draken variants to be launched following Apache 200. :-)

I wish it is the second.

Looking at the leaked images, I do not find any flaws in the overall design. It is sharp, and carries the Apache family resemblance. Good that they got rid of the Apache 180's horrible headlight. The HL in Apache 200 looks more trendy and sleeky.

The engine bay looks jam packed. So I assume higher capacity Apache in future could use a different body frame, or a TVS could make everyone's jaw drop by launching a Parallel-Twin.

Apache has a lot of potential, and if TVS is not making use of it, the fan following will turn to something else.
rajeshsundaram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 14:59   #37
BHPian

TVS is known to offer high level of performance. Have always been ahead of Pulsars. The spec sheet comes as a shock to me as I was expecting something on par with the segment leaders. Owning an Apache RTR 180 has made me want more I suppose!😊
Old 18th January 2016, 15:18   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
At least they are talking some numbers unlike a few manufacturers who provide crappy stickers and call it new or call their bikes as the India's No 1 sports bike.

A ride on the bike should give more information than these blogs writing all sorts of crap.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 18th January 2016 at 15:21.
nkrishnap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 16:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
At least they are talking some numbers unlike a few manufacturers who provide crappy stickers and call it new or call their bikes as the India's No 1 sports bike.

A ride on the bike should give more information than these blogs writing all sorts of crap.
Well said! Let's wait till the official launch. Given TVS's reputation, they might have some trick up their sleeve!
Old 18th January 2016, 20:38   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneeth2 View Post
Now whom would we believe? Zigwheels has a report which says the bike makes 26PS of power and 22nm of torque!! Source: Zigwheels

Better wait for the launch! These people may just be speculating!
I doubt the figures published by zigwheels as there is a bump up of 9 hp with an increase of just 23.35 cc. To add to it the engine is not water cooled and just oil cooled. Extracting 9 hp out of an increase of just 23 cc would mean extreme stresses and high combustion temperature which would require liquid cooling.
The additional 9 hp would also shoot up the engine vibrations to an unacceptable level unless the whole engine is heavily redesigned.
"Maximum power produced is 20.23 bhp at 8500 rpm whereas the peak torque stands at 18.1 Nm at 7000 rpm" as per bikeadvice.in is still acceptable.
With just 1 kg increase in weight and a HP increase of 3 HP the bike will surely be a hoot to drive considering how the earlier apache's use to lay down the actual power on tarmac.

As an Apache owner I eagerly await for a test drive.

I hope:
1) Vibrations are reduced
2) Driving position is more relaxed
3) Pillion seat has been improved.
Old 19th January 2016, 01:37   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
While I totally agree the "India's no 1 sports bike" claim is totally a joke- Bajaj are indeed claiming big figures for the 200NS. 3.1 secs to 60 as claimed in the official website.

Hope TVS does better than the rumoured 3.9 secs.
Old 19th January 2016, 09:12   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
While I totally agree the "India's no 1 sports bike" claim is totally a joke- Bajaj are indeed claiming big figures for the 200NS. 3.1 secs to 60 as claimed in the official website.

Hope TVS does better than the rumoured 3.9 secs.
The Pulsar AS 200 takes 3.92 seconds for 0-60 km/hr sprint if tested using VBOX. The bike being almost identical to the 200 NS, I doubt 200 NS would do it in 3.1 seconds.

If TVS claims (rumoured) 3.9 seconds, it will be a little more in real life due to speedo error and not-so-ideal conditions.
amansanc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 10:03   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
If TVS claims (rumoured) 3.9 seconds, it will be a little more in real life due to speedo error and not-so-ideal conditions.
Sorry for being pedantic, but since the speedometers are calibrated to have only positive error, the real world 0 - 60 time should be less than 3.9 seconds, since the speedo will show 60 kph earlier (than a V-Box). Agree with the not-so-ideal conditions though. And the test riders anyway will be highly skilled and mostly super light-weight, unlike the general buying populace.
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 10:49   #44
BHPian

I saw this bike in flesh with the camo in chennai at velachery MRTS. The drls look like nothing else so far and from my rear view mirror i could spot this bike easily. at 10 AM in the morning if i may add.

That said, the sound was nice and rich. The rider was in plain casuals, not wearing any helmet let alone riding gear and was dropping a female pillion with a college bag et al. seems like one of the employees running his personal errands on a test bike.
Old 20th January 2016, 11:17   #45
BHPian

OFFICIAL : Specifications of the Apache 200.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: New motorcycle caught testing. Is this the TVS Draken?-czi_wc6vaaiyxzs.jpg  

barcalad is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks