Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 20:04   #16
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Hero MotoCorp working on updated Karizma R

My roomie had this bike when I had a splendor. I still remember getting the feel of being on a boat when I rode it. Awesome package.

But having said that what were the "designers" thinking? Buell inspired it seems. Well that's a tight lil thing and this is a very different design.

I hope they up the power to about 25 bhp retaining the current ergonomics. Would be a lovely package with ABS and an 18 lt tank. And halogen headlamps pliss.

Something they can look at is the AS200.. that's got a very small pillion seat. This'll be a hit if it has a full length seat that can seat two adults.

Last edited by Sridutt : 7th September 2015 at 20:06. Reason: Er.. forgot bits
Old 8th September 2015, 16:21   #17

I have driven my friend's old Karizma extensively and it was a four year old bike. I was surprised at "how good an all rounder it is !!". I was crusing at 100+ without any kinds of problems and it felt like doing an 80 on my yamaha fazer. The higher capacity engine adds to the comfort while cruising. I can travel any long on the karizma and never get tired. I particularly liked the long wheel base of it. Was expecting something better in the new Karizma R and went to take a test drive but the first impression was "Is this even a Karizma seriosuly?" and I came back home without even taking a test drive. Hope HH launches the old karizma back.
Old 8th September 2015, 18:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

The old Karizma was a design that had aged well. In the thread posted by GTO there are few photos which looks really good even now with that classic timeless design of the older gen Karizma. Hero went ahead and ruined it totally with a design that was totally imbalanced which did not give the bike a coherent look. It should not be very difficult for them to up the power on the older design Karizma as they would still have the dies for the older design around. Same happened with the TVS Apache where they started selling the older design as well as the facelift side by side. Lets hope Hero realize their mistake and correct it soon!
Old 11th September 2015, 07:40   #19
BHPian

I am eagerly waiting for this one. Any news of the launch date yet?
Karizma would be competing against GixxerSF, Pulsar220, Yamaha Fazer. And I think it'll be a great VFM bike. Only if they get the looks sorted out with the update.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks