Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2015, 16:37   #61
BHPian

Re: KTM RC 390 Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehuel View Post
Indeed.

The fan has been replaced under warranty. I must mention here that the bike though is a bag of surprises, no qualms or regrets,

no additional cost, no labour or part cost. Just 70 bucks for a chain thightening and one rivet for the fairing. Not bad I say. I just hope the new fan would last longer.
The bike looks menacing in the last picture with those black alloys.meheul did you ask them about the fan price ?.i heard the radiator assembly to be around 6500rs but im not sure if the price is inclusive of the fan.Im surprised that the bike was ready on time,which is not the case with most service centres.
Old 1st August 2015, 19:26   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitninja View Post
The bike looks menacing in the last picture with those black alloys.meheul did you ask them about the fan price ?.i heard the radiator assembly to be around 6500rs but im not sure if the price is inclusive of the fan.Im surprised that the bike was ready on time,which is not the case with most service centres.
Thanks

I only asked for the fan price and they quoted 1600 bucks. And as for the service advisor sticking by his commintment, well thats the only solace here considering the bike spends more time off the road at svc than anywhere else . which has been the case atleast this month. And always ready when they say it will be.
Old 2nd August 2015, 22:29   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehuel View Post

But new problem today. Radiator fan stopped working. Temperature soared to the highest point and bike finally stopped with ' high coolant temperature ' showing on the speedo....
Radiator fan failures seem to be a common problem on Duke/RC 390. Now that the bikes are available in the USA, some people are replacing the OEM fan with aftermarket fans. There are also reports of stator coil failures (including on TBHP). Some people are quick to defend Bajaj that failures can and do happen on all bikes but my view is that Bajaj is trying to milk the maximum profit from the KTMs by using Bajaj quality and price parts on KTMs. I mean, how hard is it to make a reliable fan, stator coil or other mundane part that millions of other bikes and cars use for years without problems? I can understand when it's some novel high-tech component that fails but the failures are mostly low-tech components.

Bajaj and KTM need to take this seriously and buck up the quality. More demanding customers in markets with a lot of choice are not likely to take it quietly. Indian customer also deserve better - after all the bike costs almost as much as a Tata Nano.
Motard_Blr is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed