Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2006, 13:49   #1
BWN
BHPian

Hi All,

Recently i was planning for an Alloy wheel upgrade for my Kawasaki Caliber 115(Hodibaba's). The Dealer told me that Discover's alloys might match but I was apprehensive as the wheel sizes are different.

Caliber 115 Runs 2.75/18 @ front and 3.00/18 @ Rear but discover runs on 2.75/17 & 3.00/17.He was trying to convince me that it would be fine and there will not be any problems blah blah blah...... but i am not convinced as it will surely screw up my speedo caliberation..... accelerationa nd top speed.... I mean..... the whole bike will behave differently.

Now here I want all the guru's to advice me regarding the right set of alloys.As far as my research goes, Honda Unicorn has the same size but does not have any Alloy options.TVS Victor GLX has an alloy options but the wheel mount is different from my bike.Please show me the way.....
Old 31st August 2006, 00:52   #2
BHPian

Haven't tried it but the only problem that you would face would be the speedo caliberation. Nothing else, (other than the fitting.) The 17" wheels will give your bike a lower centre of gravity. Which is good. If your still aprehensive about the 17" wheel swap, try some aftermarket alloys. Wouldn't be too good an option but still.

I would suggest a 17/18 inchers for front and back respectively. Would improve handling in city traffic.
Old 5th September 2006, 10:18   #3
BWN
BHPian

Thanks Cockroach.... But already its a 18 inch tyre..... and i desperately want alloys... probably from companies and not aftermarkets.

Riding 17 inchers from discover would make a difference in speedo plus pickup and mileage also as the same rear sprockets would be used.... i think the whole dynamics of the biek would change, hence looking only for 18 inchers

Most Viewed