Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2015, 12:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Viewership and participation are the two main reasons why the 'Bangalore - Sunday Morning Rides' thread rose like a phoenix (it was dormant) and became a phenomenon, with people actively doing rides every other weekend and keeping the spirit alive.
While this is the right section for this thread; I think what you're saying is true. Visibility is higher in the Motorbikes section and as a result, traction is higher and number of people participating is higher as well.

Quote:
Can't say about others, but as for me - I am in Delhi temporarily. My gear and armor are back home, and thanks to the 15kg luggage rule by our awesome airlines, I did not carry it. My helmet and gloves however, were here with my bike, packed safely inside a carton, and hence I used them. My height meant that I could not borrow a jacket from anyone, even though I scouted a lot for it.
I have heard about your height from people.

Good to hear you've invested in the gear. Will be great to see all of you sporting gear on these rides.

I am not from Delhi, but I will ask a question others may have in mind. Are smaller capacity bikes welcome as well? Say a Pulsar 180, Pulsar 150, Gixxer etc.,? A majority of folk have these kind of bikes and would like to join but shy away after looking at the bikes that are regularly featured in these threads.
Old 10th August 2015, 12:41   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
I am not from Delhi, but I will ask a question others may have in mind. Are smaller capacity bikes welcome as well? Say a Pulsar 180, Pulsar 150, Gixxer etc.,? A majority of folk have these kind of bikes and would like to join but shy away after looking at the bikes that are regularly featured in these threads.
To be honest, no one has the right to decide who is 'welcome' and who is not. I, for one, will never say 'No. Please don't join us. You won't be able to keep up with us'. I'm sure that people here are not only-leather-wearing and you-can't-overtake-anyone believers.

Anyone with immense optimism, biking passion and sporting a helmet (and necessary gear) with a functional two wheeler under him can start or join any ride as he pleases. Simple as that.
Old 10th August 2015, 12:46   #18
BHPian

Finally some action on the north side!

Keep it up guys and I will be able to join you from the first week of September.
Old 10th August 2015, 12:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To be honest, no one has the right to decide who is 'welcome' and who is not. I, for one, will never say 'No. Please don't join us. You won't be able to keep up with us'. I'm sure that people here are not only-leather-wearing and you-can't-overtake-anyone believers.

Anyone with immense optimism, biking passion and sporting a helmet (and necessary gear) with a functional two wheeler under him can start or join any ride as he pleases. Simple as that.
Brilliant put, barcalad.

May your tribe increase. Perhaps a name for your group will help with identification as well?
Old 10th August 2015, 13:05   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertRat View Post
Finally some action on the north side!

Keep it up guys and I will be able to join you from the first week of September.
Thanks, bud. Much relieved, eh?

Quote:
Brilliant put, barcalad.

May your tribe increase. Perhaps a name for your group will help with identification as well?
Technically, it's not a 'group'. I mean, we have people joining in and out for a ride as per their convenience. Forming a group, giving names and stuff, it gives a political and patronising angle to the entire purpose of bike riding, you know. It's the chief reason why I abhor these rides by various brands (I got many opportunities to join. Didn't).

What happens then?

1. Weekend rides become more of a two wheeler fashion show and less of motorcycling.
2. From a biking enthusiast's circle, it becomes more of a biker's kitty party.
3. You can't overtake the group 'leader', can't stop at your will (even to take a photo) and nonsense like that.
4. The person having the bike with the highest displacement automatically becomes the group 'leader'.
5. Gradually, you realise that from starting rides at 4:30 AM, your start time shifted to 7:30 AM.
6. All of a sudden you feel dominant and mighty because people stare at you and give way to you because of your bike's ear wrenching exhaust note.

And on and on....

I believe that if you want to do a nice ride and meet new people (with similar mindsets), put on a message here. Maybe 2 guys will join you or maybe 5, but there will be a high probability that they are real enthusiasts with unending love for their machines, who respect motorcycles and their riders irrespective of brand/displacement/looks and who are ready to gear up and head out of their homes at unearthly hours, not like many of those out there who have a king sized breakfast, take a burp or two and proclaim - 'Honey. It's Sunday. I think I should take the bike out for a bit and meet the boys'.

Last edited by barcalad : 10th August 2015 at 13:14.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 13:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Technically, it's not a 'group'.....high probability that they are real enthusiasts with unending love for their machines, who respect motorcycles and their riders irrespective of brand/displacement/looks and who are ready to gear up and head out of their homes at unearthly hours, not like many of those out there who have a king sized breakfast, take a burp or two and proclaim - 'Honey. It's Sunday. I think I should take the bike out for a bit and meet the boys'.
*Tips hat*

Kudos man. As long as there are people like you around. Motorcycling in India will remain a passion that lies on the road and not in a photo session.

Keep up the terrific spirit!
Old 10th August 2015, 13:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
*Tips hat*

Kudos man. As long as there are people like you around. Motorcycling in India will remain a passion that lies on the road and not in a photo session.

Keep up the terrific spirit!
I'm deeply humbled, mate. Hope to meet you and hit the road when I'm down in Bangalore (soon).
Old 10th August 2015, 13:24   #23
BHPian

Before this gets out of hand and we start getting reprimanded by every one, i should clarify that 4 out of 6 were wearing riding gears. The only two left were our own barcalad (as explained above) and the Ankit on r15(who is in the market looking for jacket). So all is well here guys

And barcalad the points you mentioned above hats off man. Respect.

Last edited by mehuel : 10th August 2015 at 13:32.
Old 10th August 2015, 19:48   #24
BHPian

nice initiative barcalad, I wish I was in Delhi to join you peeps. Unfortunately I am not , but that doesn't mean I am not enjoying. I will just leave these two images here. I guess I should create a thread for my new ride
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-11012033_910627419003710_4796968885748787707_n.jpg  

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-11703107_910627425670376_8690234300694009565_n.jpg  

Old 10th August 2015, 20:28   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchy_cool View Post
nice initiative barcalad, I wish I was in Delhi to join you peeps. Unfortunately I am not , but that doesn't mean I am not enjoying. I will just leave these two images here. I guess I should create a thread for my new ride
Mother of God.

Please do, mate! This surely deserves a new thread.
Looking forward to hitch a ride soon.
Old 10th August 2015, 20:30   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Mother of God.

Please do, mate! This surely deserves a new thread.
Looking forward to hitch a ride soon.
anytime you are at the mother of all beaches on East Coast just lemme know.I shall be there. I just need to click some more pics of the beauty and then I shall create a thread here.
Old 12th August 2015, 01:44   #27
BHPian

Hey Barca buddy! It's good to see you doing what you do best man. Riding to glory.
It must have been a blessing for you to be back on the saddle after such a long haitus and also to have started this thread for the benefit of the riding folks in Delhi. Hoping to see many more rides happening while you're still there.

Ride safe brother!
Old 13th August 2015, 22:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
Guys how about a small meet plus ride at gwal pahadi faridabad gurgaon road next Sunday? Anyone in for the same?
I am in.

My recommendations below, other please chime in.

Date - Sunday, 16 Aug

Time - 6:30 AM

Location - If coming from MG road : take the left towards GGN - FBD road. From the 1st traffic light, take a left and that itself can be the meeting point

Agenda - Few quick laps and chill at Balli Gujjar dhaba (right after the toll) ...... Repeat. In case someone wants to hit some offroad trails; I am open to that as well

The count so far:

- Urban_Nomad
- trumpcard

As stated earlier, feel free to add your recommendations / amendments to the above

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 13th August 2015 at 22:33.
Old 13th August 2015, 22:40   #29
BHPian

Good to see a Weekend Short Ride thread for Delhi as well.

Hopefully will join you guys for a few rides at least, once I get my CBR650F.

Regards
Rachit
Old 13th August 2015, 22:49   #30
BHPian

Adding to the list :

1. mehuel
2. barcalad
Plus a few others, who're yet to confirm.

Me and Urban_Nomad will rendezvous at India Gate. Not sure about others. Suggest one fixed meet up point for all.
The route is shown below in the image, with the laps/dhaba that Urban_Nomad mentioned included.

We all should ideally meet up by 5:45 and formally hit the road by 6:00.

Anyone wishing to join in can PM their details either to Urban_Nomad or me. Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by barcalad : 13th August 2015 at 22:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks