Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2015, 03:19   #61
BHPian

Re: Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Hey Guys,

Anybody interested in Gurgaon Faridabad Road tomorrow morning?

Me and Urban_Nomad are planning to catch up at around 6.30 at the traffic lights in Gurgaon from where the toll road starts.

Rachit
Rachit bro would have loved to come but see if you can make it on Sunday. I just got home after today's midnight run. Tomorrow morning would be impossible.
Your treat is also pending. News like this spreads faster than fire. That being said, hearty congrats for the new ride
I will still try to make it.

@barcalad. That's a good news. Hope to see you soon. Alwar has been postponed

As for sunday morning. Ride to gurgaon faridabad circuit has been finalised. Please pm your number if interested. Start time 6:30 - 7:00 am.

Today's ride was appetising. Ashish also joined in adding some new flavour to Ncr rides chapter. Along with Urban_Nomad, Gautam and Bhasker. A fun ride with a lot of new thing to discuss and learn. And lest I forget, ice creams.

Some pics for now, will post more of the riders in action once I get them. (Courtesy Bhaskar)
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_2015090553763.jpg  

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_201509053647.jpg  

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_201509052651.jpg  

Last edited by mehuel : 5th September 2015 at 03:36.
Old 5th September 2015, 10:44   #62
BHPian

@Mehul, I am in for tomorrow morning.

Can you send me the details? I will be starting from Indirapuram. Where will you be starting from?

Cheers,
Saurabh

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th September 2015 at 11:58. Reason: Contact number removed. Can be misused. Please use PM. Thanks!
Old 6th September 2015, 16:39   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehuel View Post
Rachit bro would have loved to come but see if you can make it on Sunday. I just got home after today's midnight run. Tomorrow morning would be impossible.
Your treat is also pending. News like this spreads faster than fire. That being said, hearty congrats for the new ride
I will still try to make it.
Thank you very much brother. Today's ride was fun. It was good catching up with you guys. And yes, my treat is due.

Rachit
Old 7th September 2015, 08:54   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much brother. Today's ride was fun. It was good catching up with you guys. And yes, my treat is due.

Rachit
It was good see the bike in flesh. Superb machine. I was so mesmerized that I forgot to take pictures and it only struck me after you had left
But good gathering this time round. Weather is getting favorable day by day. TheDesertRat also joined in this time on his Iron 883. This bike always looks good, from every angle, any given day, under whatever light it can manage.

And Urban_Nomad finally graced us with the presence of his chopper/bobber/offroader project RE Thunderbird. I might be going a bit OT (sorry mods) but this bike is worth a mention. It just looks the part. I am falling short of words here, but trust me this thing resembles the true blue bobbers back in the 50s, which originated with a very simple desire to cut weight and make it go fast. Nothing flashy, no bulbous body parts, no fat tires, just keep the cost and weight down. I loved it. I have begged him to keep the rusted parts as they are, it really did add character and authenticity

Not much pictures this time, just a lot of discussion, and i mean a lot
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_2015090749139.jpg  

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_2015090720851.jpg  

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_2015090746669.jpg  

Last edited by mehuel : 7th September 2015 at 09:14.
Old 7th September 2015, 10:00   #65
BHPian

The I883 does look really well with the pillion seat and chopper number plate. Neat stuff!

Urban_Nomad mate, that machine looks cool! Excellent choice of backrest there.
Agree with mehuel. Keep the authenticity of the bike as it is. Raw.
Eager to see it in flesh. Hope that happens soon.

Alwar, guys. Let's make it big and memorable. Coming soon!
Old 7th September 2015, 13:34   #66
BHPian

It was indeed a fun ride.

Special mention of Meheul for leading the way in true sense!

Loads of technical discussions at the Tapri albeit dominated by KTM. I now know more than what I did before and it sure is a good thing.

Looking forward to another one soon.

Cheers,
Saurabh
Old 8th September 2015, 07:19   #67
BHPian

@ Barcalad: coming soon! is not good enough, please be specific

@ TheDesertRat : Glad to know you enjoyed it, and KTM does rule the roost when it comes to exhaustive discussions

Looking forward to coming weekend ride aswell, lets plan something
Old 12th September 2015, 18:48   #68
BHPian

A ride has been planned for tomorrow morning. Total 4 riders, as of now. We hit the road at 5AM sharp from Dhaula Kuan Metro Station. We head towards the deserts.

Anyone interested can PM me.

Last edited by barcalad : 12th September 2015 at 18:53.
Old 13th September 2015, 17:25   #69
BHPian

Having faced initial hiccups and a near cancellation of the ride, Neemrana (Rajasthan) was conquered today. There was not a single moment of the ride that was not enjoyed.

We met at 4:45 AM at the designated meet up spot and hit the road a tad before daybreak. I took point, and life did became easier for all the 4 of us after crossing Manesar, where the truck/bus traffic thinned out. Fine roads, albeit with a pothole here and there whom KTM owners would love to avoid. Kept a sharp eye out and all the death-trap potholes were dodged. Funny thing being, you don't quite expect sudden potholes and depressions on one of India's busiest expressways. Nevermind.

By 6:30 AM, we were 30 kms short of our destination and we took a much needed tea break while the sun gradually rose at the horizon. A very pleasant sight. We reached our destination right on time, as planned, and beat the crowds. The Neemrana Fort, although having glimpses of recent construction, did look stupendous in all it's glory. It was built in the 15th century, and looked to be a masterpiece of famed Rajput architecture.

Heading down from the fort, we headed to the Step Well. Now, this Step Well is around 1.5 kilometres from the fort. It was an underground water storage facility with extraordinary depth and immaculate construction. The walls and the architecture bore signs of what it might have witnessed over so many centuries. While descending down the steps to the base of the facility was a breeze, walking up turned out to be a nightmare. Running almost nil on water, we got out first taste of desert heat and it's maladies.

Might I add here that my bike performed very well on whatever bit of sand I rode it on, with no skidding or nervousness even while trying to ape them Dakar riders. Repeating again, the Michelin Street is a total VFM package.

5 kilometres later, we found ourselves in the Japanese township & industrial zone of Neemrana. Extremely well laid roads and sparkling new constructions greeted us. Signboards in Japanese began appearing and so did the factories and offices of various Japanese MNCs. We did find 2 Japanese Hotels/Restaurants as well but one doesn't exactly eat Sushi at 8 in the morning.

We then called it a day, and started back for Delhi. Stopped at a Dhaba for some brilliant Haryanvi paranthas soaked in Ghee. Amusingly, most of us had become drowsy by the time we reached Delhi. A cosy bed was the need of the hour.

A ride par excellence with wonderful company. Personally, pretty satisfied as well. This was the 8th State I rode my motorcycle into. Many more to go!

Total distance ridden - 255 kilometres.

1. A much needed tea break!

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-1.jpg

2. The Neemrana Fort-Palace.

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-2.jpg

3. From Karnataka to Rajasthan. Phew!

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-3.jpg

4. The Step Well. Note the depth. Brilliant engineering.

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-4.jpg

5. The lineup.

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-5.jpg
Old 14th September 2015, 11:30   #70
BHPian

That's some neat looking place there barca buddy. It looks like you and your gang of riders go out twice a week. A Friday midnight run and a Sunday day ride. Carrying forward the tradition from Bangalore eh?
Now that you've relocated to the Capital, looking forward to reading your escapades on the monster.
Old 14th September 2015, 12:13   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
A ride has been planned for tomorrow morning. Total 4 riders, as of now. We hit the road at 5AM sharp from Dhaula Kuan Metro Station. We head towards the deserts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Having faced initial hiccups and a near cancellation of the ride, Neemrana (Rajasthan) was conquered today. There was not a single moment of the ride that was not enjoyed.

We met at 4:45 AM at the designated meet up spot and hit the road a tad before daybreak.
I think I saw you guys. I was coming from Chd in my car and I think I saw you guys outside Dhaula Kuan Metro Station. I was rushing as had to go for my ride too and was a bit dreary as had started at 1.30 AM from CHD. But I think I did recognize Mehuel. By the time I realized, I had already passed you guys.

Well nice ride report and welcome back brother..

Rachit
Old 14th September 2015, 13:03   #72
BHPian

Quote:
I think I saw you guys. I was coming from Chd in my car and I think I saw you guys outside Dhaula Kuan Metro Station. I was rushing as had to go for my ride too and was a bit dreary as had started at 1.30 AM from CHD. But I think I did recognize Mehuel. By the time I realized, I had already passed you guys.

Well nice ride report and welcome back brother..

Rachit
Yes. That was us. In fact, Mehuel was the first to reach () and was waiting for us. You probably saw him and his RC.

Thanks a lot, Rachit. Hoping to see you and the Ceeber in one of our rides very soon! Ride safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
That's some neat looking place there barca buddy. It looks like you and your gang of riders go out twice a week. A Friday midnight run and a Sunday day ride. Carrying forward the tradition from Bangalore eh?
Now that you've relocated to the Capital, looking forward to reading your escapades on the monster.
Many thanks, Chief. I consider myself fortunate enough to be in the company of riders who are as passionate about motorcycling as me. More than being riders, we all have struck a great rapport with each other and become good friends off the tarmac as well. It's all like a close knit family.

There was something peculiar that happened yesterday which I would like to mention here.

Around 30 kms before the dhaba (where we nearly had a Ghee bath), me and Mehuel decided to step things up a notch and so we did. The interesting part being, both of us had amazing co-ordination. Be it overtaking maniacal buses/trucks, braking, avoiding potholes or letting each other take point, it was amazing. Mind you we didn't have any fancy Sena headset and solely relied on telepathy and biking skill. Not once did I look into my RVM to track him because I knew where exactly he would be and whether I should make space for him to overtake a vehicle or not. He reciprocated by doing the same.

Now this, is what I call 'brothers'.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th September 2015 at 12:17. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post.
Old 15th September 2015, 09:02   #73
BHPian

We don't have a like option here barca or else I would have clicked on it 10-20 times for your above post That coordination part was truly phenomenal. Time, distance and everything around just passed in a haze and before we knew it we were at the destination. And what an amazing ride altogether.

Neemrana has been ticked off the list but only to be revisited in the winters

Last edited by mehuel : 15th September 2015 at 09:03.
Old 19th September 2015, 19:05   #74
BHPian

A ride has been planned for tomorrow morning to Dadhikar Fort and Siliserh Lake combined.
Meeting time is 4:45 AM and ETD of 5 AM from Dhaula Kuan Metro Station.

Old 19th September 2015, 20:08   #75
BHPian

The above mentioned ride has been cancelled due to unforeseen reasons.

Mods, kindly merge the two posts or delete them both. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks