Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2015, 22:26   #106
BHPian

Re: Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Hey Barca buddy! Sorry to read about the unfortunate incident that you have today man. These kind of crazy things happen to the best of us.
Don't let this incident bog your spirit down. I'm sure in a couple of weeks you'll be rearing to take on our unforgiving streets and you'll beat them at their game.
Your friends were around when you needed them the most and that's the best thing about going on group rides. Someone's always out there to keep a look out for you.
You and your steed get well soon and keep your ride reports pouring in.
Old 19th October 2015, 17:31   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
Hey Barca buddy! Sorry to read about the unfortunate incident that you have today man. These kind of crazy things happen to the best of us.
Don't let this incident bog your spirit down. I'm sure in a couple of weeks you'll be rearing to take on our unforgiving streets and you'll beat them at their game.
Your friends were around when you needed them the most and that's the best thing about going on group rides. Someone's always out there to keep a look out for you.
You and your steed get well soon and keep your ride reports pouring in.
Many thanks, chief. I have had discussion over this accident with both my co-riders and other biking friends and we all have arrived at a conclusion that this wasn't the mistake of any of us. 'Act of God' would be the apt reason.

Although it'll take some time, I hope I find the courage back. Until then, both of us get some well deserved rest.
Old 21st October 2015, 10:54   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Many thanks, chief. I have had discussion over this accident with both my co-riders and other biking friends and we all have arrived at a conclusion that this wasn't the mistake of any of us. 'Act of God' would be the apt reason.

Although it'll take some time, I hope I find the courage back. Until then, both of us get some well deserved rest.
Barca very sad to hear about the incident. I follow this thread religiously and was hoping one day to accompany you one day, till the time I get my bike, in my car. Thanks for taking us places, though having lived in Delhi for quite some years never knew they existed.
Old 21st October 2015, 12:55   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyadassi View Post
Barca very sad to hear about the incident. I follow this thread religiously and was hoping one day to accompany you one day, till the time I get my bike, in my car. Thanks for taking us places, though having lived in Delhi for quite some years never knew they existed.
Thank you for the kind words, Piyadassi.

Although it'll be quite a while before I plonk myself a saddle, I'm convinced that my fellow co-riders and Bhpians will keep the spirit alive and keep this thread going. I'm sure you can join them. PM me your details and I will patch you up with them.

Fallen, but not forgotten. Shall be back. Soon.
Old 31st October 2015, 20:09   #110
BHPian

Hey

Another ride has been planned for tomorrow.

Location : Bhishma Kund located between Kurukhsetra and Pehowa

Confirmed so far

Me, Geegee and outofthebox + 2 others (Barcalad wont be joining this time around, still recovering)

gathering time 5:30, starting time 5:50 or 6 ish.

fellow team bhpians willing to join, please PM any one of us with your contact number.
Old 2nd November 2015, 23:18   #111
BHPian

Had an awesome time this Sunday with Mehuel, GeeGee and other cool riders. The weather was good and traffic was sparse by NH1 standard most of the way. We did about 450Km in total.

This was my first TBHP ride and first long ride out of Delhi. I had never met any of the riders before but the level of comraderie and the connect was instant. I think I just made some new awesome riding buddies for life.

A big shoutout to Barcalad and others who helped make this ride possible.

All in all, great fun & I look forward to the next one!
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:54   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
A big shoutout to Barcalad and others who helped make this ride possible.
Even if I'm not in the field, I can try to be the desk guy when it comes to weekend rides.

I'm glad you had fun and it turned out to be a more pleasant experience by the addition of the Mojos.

Onto the next!
Old 3rd November 2015, 23:52   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Even if I'm not in the field, I can try to be the desk guy when it comes to weekend rides.
Any idea why I can't say 'Thanks' to the posts in this thread?
Old 4th November 2015, 10:33   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea why I can't say 'Thanks' to the posts in this thread?
I have no clue, buddy. Shall write to the mods about it.
Old 19th November 2015, 15:44   #115
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the mass quote gents. Now that I have your attention - would any of you be interested for a day ride to Renuka Lake on Sunday Nov 22? Start at 2/3am from Gurgaon, back by 7-8pm.

Am okay with other alternatives like Lansdowne etc as well but want to do some decent ride this weekend with some hills thrown in. Expressways are soul-killingly boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyadassi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehuel View Post
Quote:
All in all, great fun & I look forward to the next one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano88 View Post
Guys Any plans for tomorrow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeGee View Post
As it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertRat View Post
on my return!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashir View Post
Hi guys)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
Cheers,
Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano88 View Post
me
Old 19th November 2015, 15:59   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Sorry for the mass quote gents. Now that I have your attention - would any of you be interested for a day ride to Renuka Lake on Sunday Nov 22? Start at 2/3am from Gurgaon, back by 7-8pm.

Am okay with other alternatives like Lansdowne etc as well but want to do some decent ride this weekend with some hills thrown in. Expressways are soul-killingly boring.
Hi phamilyman!

I would be interested in the drive to anywhere, but I might go for a solo drive to Chanshal Pass, HP from Sunday-Wed. Will confirm you by tomorrow.

OT. Though a solo drive, if anyone want to join, PM me
Old 19th November 2015, 16:00   #117

Quote:

Hi there. A ride has been planned on November 22 for Keoladeo National Park, Bharatpur. Place is beyond Mathura and yes, it does involve some Yamuna Expressway ride upto Mathura Toll. Alas! no hills.

Probable time to start would be around 6-6.30 from India gate and we return by afternoon. We may also have a chance to take the rides in and if time allows and all willing nature trails. Program is pretty open ended with just the direction decided. If you can bear some boring Eway this sunday, would love to have you along.

And who knows, may be Renuka lake seeps its way into our to go list. But on a personal note, i would love to spend atleast a night if i head to hills to have a whiff of that morning rise and to live the mystery before that.

Last edited by GeeGee : 19th November 2015 at 16:08.
Old 19th November 2015, 16:08   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashir View Post
Hi phamilyman!

I would be interested in the drive to anywhere, but I might go for a solo drive to Chanshal Pass, HP from Sunday-Wed. Will confirm you by tomorrow.

OT. Though a solo drive, if anyone want to join, PM me
Err Chanshal is on my riding bucket list - but can't join now. Limited leaves sanctioned from home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeGee View Post
Hi there. A ride has been planned on November 22 for Keoladeo National Park, Bharatpur. Place is beyond Mathura and yes, it does involve some Yamuna Expressway ride upto Mathura Toll. Alas! no hills.

Probable time to start would be around 6-6.30 from India gate and we return by afternoon. We may also have a chance to take the rides in and if time allows and all willing nature trails. Program is pretty open ended with just the direction decided. If you can bear some boring Eway this sunday, would love to have you along.

And who knows, may be Renuka hills seeps its way into our to go list. But on a personal note, i would love to spend atleast a night if i head to hills to have a whiff of that morning rise and to live the mystery before that.
Hey! That's nice - but last trip to bharatpur in 2012 Dec saw some terrible roads for the last 30km into bharatpur. Is that sorted out?

If you leave at 6am - you would barely get a couple of hours in the park if you wish to return by afternoon. The fun is basically going WOT on the eway in that case since no motor vehicles are allowed inside AFAIK.

Agree about spending more time in the hills - but this married man gets limited spare time for solo biking pursuits. I'd rather take what I can, than wait for a perfect time, which may come after 15 years!!
Old 19th November 2015, 16:48   #119
BHPian

Will ask around for road conditions near Bharatpur and revert. Agree that actual time there will be less since this is a day ride.

FWIW IBR Delhi chapter is planing a weekend ride to Jim Corbett with an overnight stay planned on Saturday night. Of course open only to RE riders.

We could plan something similar? Although this Saturday I have to attend Scrambler night so the next weekend works better for me.
Old 19th November 2015, 16:49   #120

Quote:
Err Chanshal is on my riding bucket list - but can't join now. Limited leaves sanctioned from home!

Hey! That's nice - but last trip to bharatpur in 2012 Dec saw some terrible roads for the last 30km into bharatpur. Is that sorted out?

If you leave at 6am - you would barely get a couple of hours in the park if you wish to return by afternoon. The fun is basically going WOT on the eway in that case since no motor vehicles are allowed inside AFAIK.

Agree about spending more time in the hills - but this married man gets limited spare time for solo biking pursuits. I'd rather take what I can, than wait for a perfect time, which may come after 15 years!!
Agreed as far as the plight of married man, that does include me too. Regarding last stretch i am being told that its okayish and not bad. Lets see cant really say much. Afternoon return is just a wishlist and flow gets decided by the fellow riders on the move.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks