Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2015, 16:52   #121

Re: Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
Will ask around for road conditions near Bharatpur and revert. Agree that actual time there will be less since this is a day ride.

FWIW IBR Delhi chapter is planing a weekend ride to Jim Corbett with an overnight stay planned on Saturday night. Of course open only to RE riders.

We could plan something similar? Although this Saturday I have to attend Scrambler night so the next weekend works better for me.
Sounds good. Lets work on it during the upcoming ride.
Old 19th November 2015, 17:18   #122
BHPian

These are the remarks of a motorist on another forum about the road conditions in and around Bharatpur in Dec 2014

Quote:
When you start cruising at State Highway from mathura to bharatpur road, first 30-35% although narrow but is butter smooth, but only hiccup is speed breaker and guess what those speed breakers are not just simple speed breakers, they are like 3 speed breakers placed together to form a rumble strip. You seriously have to maneuver very carefully. But as soon as you enter Rajasthan, the roads improve drastically both in width and quality. The internal roads in bharatpur are improving, when i passed through the concrete road was being worked upon and in future the route will be better. After that you drive on Jaipur Agra road which is super smooth, but the toll road ends about 20KMS before agra, from this point the hell starts and ends only when you reach Agra.

While coming back we took YE.
I reckon it will be a less than 4hr ride one way including pit stops.

A 6am start should mean that the birds of Bharatpur wouldn't get disturbed before 10AM by the roar of our engines.

That would give us about 4 hours of quality time with our feathered friends before starting on the return leg.

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-screen-shot-20151119-4.58.43-pm.png
Old 19th November 2015, 20:08   #123
BHPian

Some more info. about the route.

From Delhi to Agra no issues of course (except to figure out where to stop for breakfast - most probably before the Jewar toll.

Upon reaching Agra we have to take the road towards Sikandra onto Fatehpur Sikri. This road , approx 30kms, according to one of my contacts is not in the best of conditions but still motorable (Bear in mind he is not a rider).

I'm told once we hit the Rajasthan border after Fatehpur Sikri it's a proper 4 lane highway with dividers n' all and in great condition.

We will need to find a proper parking place for the bikes outside the sanctuary, vehicles are not allowed inside.
Old 20th November 2015, 12:27   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashir View Post
.. but I might go for a solo drive to Chanshal Pass, HP from Sunday-Wed..
OT: Please do post an update about the roads/status, I am planning to venture out there soon!
Old 20th November 2015, 12:52   #125

Amit, i have messaged you on the group. I guess we need not go uptill Agra, but move through Mathura. Then only its a 191 km journer. Going Agra and coming back would extend the road time.
Old 20th November 2015, 15:16   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashir View Post
I might go for a solo drive to Chanshal Pass, HP from Sunday-Wed.
Don't forget to pack your ear plugs. There's a likelihood that you will meet Harley riders of North India HOG enroute from Murthal to Chandigarh on Sunday - about 600 of them!
Old 20th November 2015, 16:42   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Don't forget to pack your ear plugs. There's a likelihood that you will meet Harley riders of North India HOG enroute from Murthal to Chandigarh on Sunday - about 600 of them!
Haha NICE. Don't worry my car nvh will make sure I hear my engine noise and not theirs :lol
Old 12th December 2015, 18:13   #128
BHPian

My back-from-sabbatical was pleasant and eventful. Right from the days when I was nursing my wounds, I pledged that my first ride after being completely fit would be solo and via the same route on which I went down.

Started off at 5:30 AM after a layer of 2 sweaters and 1 thick jacket backed by pads on the knees and army boots. Made progress real quick and crossed Gurgaon at 6:05 AM. The colour of the sky started to change from 6:30 and by 7:15 there was full visibility.

I stopped first at the place where I had tasted dust for the first time. Laughed at it, clicked a photo of it and gave it a nice little Texan Salute. Moved on and stopped for some much needed tea at a dhaba as by then my fingers and thighs felt numb and lifeless. It was getting extreme as every moment passed.

The sun shone hidden amidst the clouds and there was barely any ray of direct sunlight. The Arravalis looked majestic hidden in the fog and inspired fear, owing to their sudden gradient. There were a couple of twisties before entering Alwar but nothing that great.

So, here I am, about to reach my destination - 5 kms before it to be precise, when my phone goes crashing down on the road and my navigation goes blank. I'm still unable to decipher how on earth did the phone fall down. The roads in that area were anyway bumpy and uneven. Pulled over quickly and prayed no one runs over the phone parts. The screen was on one end of the road. The leather cover on one end. The battery on the another.

Praise the lord that nothing more disastrous happened and the phone was fine, although the tampered glass gave away and the LCD cracked. It needs replacement. Never mind.

Now, I could have gone and continued with my journey but with no navigation, no camera and mind you, no forms of communication on a solo ride, it didn't seem prudent to me. This route had tested my patience again, and in no way was I allowing it to ruin my trip because my destination was/is one of the most beautiful places to see in Rajasthan. Took a U-Turn, fuelled up at HP and the manager there was kind enough to let me use his phone to send a message to my brother that I was heading back.

I will be coming for you. Soon. Not letting you mess my joy of riding again.

Barely had I exited Alwar that I found myself amidst a lot of dense fog. The fog grew denser and every 4 wheeler flashed their hazards. My visor which had protected my eyes so long gave up after formation of immense dew drops on it. I had no choice but to let the cold chilly wind hit my eyes as I marauded through it. This continued all the way until Bhiwadi until the smog of Delhi gave some better visibility and temperature. I remember crossing many puzzled faces until then.

Yeh bike wala kaise chala le raha hai? Humein toh nahi dikh raha road. Isko dekho!

As I was about to get into NH8, two squids out of nowhere on a P220 appeared and began lane cutting and revving beside/in front of me. Now these are old tricks, you know. They tried their best. I let them have their 2 minutes of happiness that they probably so rarely have. Thankfully they got the message and backed off. As they overtook me, I noticed that the pillion had his smartphone pointed at me.

Reached home pale as a ghoul with super red eyes. Just got the quotation for the phone screen change. Damage stands at 7.5k.

Alls well that ends well. Onto the next.

Total distance ridden was 352 kms.

1. 18th October - The place where I finally landed marked in red. (They've given it a fresh coat of paint)

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-1.jpg

2. NH8 until Manesar is the worst road to ride on, even at 6:15 AM.

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-2.jpg

3. One of the many countless sunrises I've seen.

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-3.jpg

4. I prefer having my chai-pakoda in solace without any un-necessary gossip.

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-4.jpg

5. Until next time.

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-5.jpg

Last edited by barcalad : 12th December 2015 at 18:22.
Old 13th December 2015, 10:22   #129
BHPian

The following BHPian Thanks Barcalad for this useful post: outofthebox
Old 13th December 2015, 18:20   #130
BHPian

The solo trip bug is difficult to get rid off once it bites you. Glad to know you came out of the ghost of that accident barcalad! ..very glad indeed.

Maybe that broken screen is a message from the motorcycle God, keep navigation technology and you might just enjoy the ride more.

Happy riding and here's to more ride reports in the future

Cheers,
Sting
Old 13th December 2015, 18:59   #131
BHPian

Quote:
The following BHPian Thanks Barcalad for this useful post: outofthebox
You could actually thank me better my hosting the first round of coffee whenever we meet next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
The solo trip bug is difficult to get rid off once it bites you. Glad to know you came out of the ghost of that accident barcalad! ..very glad indeed.

Maybe that broken screen is a message from the motorcycle God, keep navigation technology and you might just enjoy the ride more.

Happy riding and here's to more ride reports in the future

Cheers,
Sting
You are the solo-meister, Sting. I bow down to thee when it comes to courage, patience, zeal and moolah to live a solo ride.

It's more of a message from that very particular route that has cost me almost 14k till now. Not letting it slide that easy. I'll return for it, angrier and more determined.

Thanks, bud. Do post one of yours too because your photographs are a treat to watch.
Old 14th December 2015, 12:27   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
You could actually thank me better my hosting the first round of coffee whenever we meet next.
Consider it done! Will plan a meet up this week.
Old 18th December 2015, 20:50   #133
Senior - BHPian

All these years i have been a part of TBHP, never been able to make to any of the meets.

NCR guys lets plan one.
Old 19th December 2015, 11:56   #134
BHPian

Had a mini meetup with fellow Bhpians Gautam (RC390) and Nilesh (D390/i20). We met at India Gate at 11PM after which we headed to Starbucks, CP for a warm cuppa on a very chilly night. Had an amazing chat with the gents and we planned future rides. Stories and experiences were exchanged and we finally dispersed off for our respective homes at around 12:30 AM.

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20151219wa0005.jpg
Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-20151218_235207.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
All these years i have been a part of TBHP, never been able to make to any of the meets.

NCR guys lets plan one.
Well, we do plan rides here and as well as on our dedicated Whatsapp Group, which has many TBhp avid motorcyclists from NCR. If you want to be a part of it, please PM me your contact details.

Last edited by barcalad : 19th December 2015 at 12:01.
Old 25th December 2015, 16:46   #135
BHPian

A "Fog Mein Kharcha" ride has been planned for Sunday morning at 7 AM from Noida. We intend to go to to Yamuna E-Way, have breakfast at Mathura/Aligarh toll and head back. Should be home by the stroke of noon.

Confirmed are me and fellow Bhpians mehuel, GeeGee and shabih. (We'll force mehuel to do the "kharcha" for our breakfast. )

Anyone interested to join us can PM me their details.

The sole purpose of this ride is to enjoy the early morning cold wind, enjoy the fog and have sumptuous breakfast. Unanimously agreed and must-follow-at-any-cost regulations will be applicable for this one (because we're riding on a road notorious for fog related accidents) before we initiate our ride on Sunday morning.

Cheers.

Last edited by barcalad : 25th December 2015 at 16:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks