Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2015, 00:17   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda gives CBR 150R, CBR 250R new colours, decals for 2015

It looks like HMSI has hired some people from MSIL. I remember MSIL adopting to these kind of tactics to allure customers by stickering their cars and calling them either "Limited Edition" or "Sports" Variant.

Really disappointing here, from Honda. Especially when the market has already moved on to better products, why are they even expecting someone to buy this "New" CBR lineup??
Old 8th August 2015, 10:42   #17
BHPian

The RevFest was disappointing to say the least.
They priced 650F Too close to Z800 and Triumph ST. Though 650F is a pretty capable machine, they shouldn't have priced it so high. Ninja650 and Benelli's inline4 seems to be much better value. Internationally, N650 and Benelli's are its peers and by pricing it stratospherically high, they have ensured that CBR650F will not upset the other contenders.

Now, on to the CBR250. I'm not sure what sort of narcotic substance are the Honda bigwigs smoking on. KTM Duke Twins pretty much eroded Honda's share. The RC's made a case of a full fairing bike too (Albeit, more track focused, as opposed to tourer CBR is). With Yamaha R3 launching Soon-ish, Im not sure how long Honda can hold on.
Don't get me wrong, as an Owner of CBR250R, I can vouch for the capabilities of this competent little package, but competition has outclassed it now.
The stickers does not do any favours to CBR250R. Im not sure what they are trying to portray here. Or perhaps this a ploy to clear out their inventory of Old panels and stuff before the new CBR gets launched?

Someone wanted to post an URL earlier, but the board filters messed it up. Posting it with URL Shortner :
Warning! Colourful languages used. May be offensive to some.
http://goo.gl/6I8MwR
Old 9th September 2015, 21:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Honda unveiled the 2015 CBR 150R and CBR 250R motorcycles at the recently concluded Honda Revfest.

For updates, both the motorcycles get new paint jobs and decals. There are no styling changes to the bikes. Neither of the bikes gets any mechanical updates either.

Attachment 1400843

The CBR 150R continues to use the same 149.4cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled petrol engine that puts out 18.28 BHP @ 10,500 rpm and 12.66 Nm of torque @ 8,500 rpm.

Attachment 1400844

The CBR 250R is powered by a 249.6cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled petrol engine that develops 26.15 BHP @ 8,500 rom and 22.9 Nm of torque @ 7,000 rpm. Both bikes use a 6-speed gearbox.
Hi Aditya, everyone,

I am also one among those few who waited so long for the twin eyed 150R/250R beauty, but at last we had to settle with what we saw. I still am a fan of the same ride, but have few doubts about both 150R & 250R.

Are they worth the money we spent on them. Like, what if we compare FZ or Gixxer with the 150R for example. They are all less than 100K, their service & maintenance cost appears to be average/normal, have adequate power to push forth. The added 4 horses of the 150R is what I want as I can use the same through my daily ride moderately/fully and for touring, I can utilize all its capabilities, meanwhile 250R's performance I feel too much to be, to handle in city rides. The word I heard about 150R is that its maintenance cost are not happy to sum up over a year or two as compared to other bikes. So I request to help me on this. Should I go with 150R or other 150-160 cc rides.

regards,
winsler
Old 10th September 2015, 07:11   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsler_srider View Post
Hi Aditya, everyone,

I am also one among those few who waited so long for the twin eyed 150R/250R beauty, but at last we had to settle with what we saw. I still am a fan of the same ride, but have few doubts about both 150R & 250R.

Are they worth the money we spent on them. Like, what if we compare FZ or Gixxer with the 150R for example. They are all less than 100K, their service & maintenance cost appears to be average/normal, have adequate power to push forth. The added 4 horses of the 150R is what I want as I can use the same through my daily ride moderately/fully and for touring, I can utilize all its capabilities, meanwhile 250R's performance I feel too much to be, to handle in city rides. The word I heard about 150R is that its maintenance cost are not happy to sum up over a year or two as compared to other bikes. So I request to help me on this. Should I go with 150R or other 150-160 cc rides.

regards,
winsler
I ride a 250R in the city every day to work and back, and it's actually a lot more fun for me than a chore to ride the 35km round trip between home and work. For touring, you'll just need a vehicle with a comfortable seating position because even bikes like a TB500 will do your cruising speed while touring.

In my opinion, it's just better to get the Duke 200 over the CBR 150R if you're looking at 150cc bikes. The added 4 horses are actually something you won't use since they show up at 10500 RPM and that's quite high up the powerband. In that sense, the Duke's power is something you can use all the time. Maybe even the Gixxer, or Gixxer SF, if you're a fairing guy and tour as much.
Shanenanigans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 22:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
I ride a 250R in the city every day to work and back, and it's actually a lot more fun for me than a chore to ride the 35km round trip between home and work. For touring, you'll just need a vehicle with a comfortable seating position because even bikes like a TB500 will do your cruising speed while touring.

In my opinion, it's just better to get the Duke 200 over the CBR 150R if you're looking at 150cc bikes. The added 4 horses are actually something you won't use since they show up at 10500 RPM and that's quite high up the powerband. In that sense, the Duke's power is something you can use all the time. Maybe even the Gixxer, or Gixxer SF, if you're a fairing guy and tour as much.
Hi Shanenanigans,

If that's the case, I might have to change my decision to go with 150R. Also I'm not a KTM guy, especially with its exhaust note, may be for me alone but I hear old auto cranking sound whenever one passes by.
The rider/pillion seat comfort is under consideration which again is against Duke/RC. In the end may be its Gixxer that wins the game.

Thanks for your suggestion.

To everyone who have experience in 2 wheelers, requesting suggestions for a ride that comes under 150K INR, that shows the meaning to it's purpose, justifies it and not yet lost the fun of riding/owning one.

regards,
winsler
Old 30th October 2015, 12:05   #21
BHPian

@winsler_slider

I am in the same boat as you are. I feel 250R too much for me inside the city. Started with a RE, went through Gixxer, RC200 ( weird list though) now in confusion between CBR150R and FZ.

If you want meaning to the purpose, why would you need a vehicle with fairing for city ride. This is my personal opinion. Experts, please excuse my ignorance. If you are ready to lose the fancy factor, you can settle for the FZ 2.0. Has great ride quality, easy maintenance and will not bother you in bumper to bumper traffic.

I am waiting for the CBR150R in full black, hoping it will be launched soon. 250r in the same color makes me drool every time I see it.
Old 30th October 2015, 21:11   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shansundar View Post
@winsler_slider

I am in the same boat as you are. I feel 250R too much for me inside the city. Started with a RE, went through Gixxer, RC200 ( weird list though) now in confusion between CBR150R and FZ.

If you want meaning to the purpose, why would you need a vehicle with fairing for city ride. This is my personal opinion. Experts, please excuse my ignorance. If you are ready to lose the fancy factor, you can settle for the FZ 2.0. Has great ride quality, easy maintenance and will not bother you in bumper to bumper traffic.

I am waiting for the CBR150R in full black, hoping it will be launched soon. 250r in the same color makes me drool every time I see it.
Hey Shan,

It's not with the fairing, it's the package. I'm a Honda fan may be due to the reason that I am using a Unicorn for over 5 years. So you might understand. But the reason is that budget plays a great role. I don't want to spend too much on anything unless it really convince me to shed more. And personally even though I had taken FZ rides handful of times, from its inception was not fond of that model but liked its big brother - R15. Again comfortable stance is also under consideration and riding position too. I do ride fast but not that fast, so R15 was out, since no plan to sacrifice comfort. It was Gixxer which I felt fresh and better to FZ 2.0, just my thoughts. that FZ 2.0 really looks cool, though without that rear mudguard. About 150R, it feels a mature vehicle not too much not low as well. A medium paced pack which I like. I haven't still replaced or bought a new ride since my Unicorn is holding strong. Will sure update here whatever happens.

By the way, since Yamaha have revived R15 back to it's old spirit as new R15-S, might give it a try as well. Anyway thanks for your input.

regards,
winsler
Old 30th October 2015, 23:10   #23
BHPian

@winsler

I was about to suggest the R15 S for you.

Coming back to the 150R, some reviews talk about no engine kill switch in 150R, which might feel a bit nagging in my opinion. Also, I see people worried about the switch gears borrowed from stunner and no pass light either. I hope you are aware of these.Please correct me if I am wrong. I am not against Honda, by the way.

Mods, please delete if you feel we are drifting too much away from the topic.
Old 31st October 2015, 22:32   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shansundar View Post
@winsler

I was about to suggest the R15 S for you.

Coming back to the 150R, some reviews talk about no engine kill switch in 150R, which might feel a bit nagging in my opinion. Also, I see people worried about the switch gears borrowed from stunner and no pass light either. I hope you are aware of these.Please correct me if I am wrong. I am not against Honda, by the way.

Mods, please delete if you feel we are drifting too much away from the topic.
Yes Shan,

You're right. 150R do not have s/w controls that we would expect on a 1.5L worth bike. But I expected the same + twin headlight setup some mechanical updates with ramp in power by 1 or 2 PS and waited for this to come thinking that Honda will listen to what customers are asking for, but you know. It didn't happen. But I'm still a fan of that ride for some reason. For those who are not satisfied with the updated version limited to graphics, other options are to be look on to. But I like the candy palm green and the new blue-black version of 150R, looks cool.

And about R15-S, riding position is one thing where personal opinion will come into play. Lets see how will it turn around.

regards,
winsler
Old 14th December 2020, 00:10   #25
BHPian

I know I am very late to the party. I own a CBR 150r green. Bought it in September 2016 and have driven it for 35k km. IMO CBR150r is the best bike in the 150cc segment, since it is liquid cooled and has a very precise throttle. The brakes are not confidence inspiring as the Suzuki Gixxer SF(rear disc ones launched around the same period). I was really worried when the product was discontinued 6 months after I purchased it and it didn't even make it to BS4. I really hope cbr150r makes a come back, so the current owners would feel they own a bike that's relevant and not historical.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks