Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2015, 11:21   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: PAPS, my Enfield Bullet 500 (Forest Green) - Selection, purchase & review

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
thanks. went through the post and pics. How is the wide angle reach of this mirror?Do your arms obstruct the rearside view?
The wide angle reach and viewing angle of avenger rectangular type mirrors is very good. The adjustments it provides in all four directions i.e. top, down, left and right is impressive. The arms do not obstruct the rearside view in any way. If you adjust the mirrors to the right most direction in case of right rvm or left most direction in case of left rvm your arms will not be seen at all on both rvms. As a practice I adjust the rvms in such a way that a small part of both my arms are visible to aid proper judgment whilst riding.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 14:10   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: PAPS, my Enfield Bullet 500 (Forest Green) - Selection, purchase & Ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
The reach of the avenger mirrors looks almost same like the stock mirrors, do you feel any improvement in the vibrations and rear visibility?
Siddy,I have changed the handle to a bit more wider and comfortable one.Now I am able to see without any issues and vibrates less as compared to the stock ones.
Attached Thumbnails
PAPS, my Enfield Bullet 500 (Forest Green) - Selection, purchase & review-bike.jpg  

rakesh_r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 14:39   #48
BHPian

Re: PAPS, my Enfield Bullet 500 (Forest Green) - Selection, purchase & Ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Siddy,I have changed the handle to a bit more wider and comfortable one
Nice! I plan to put a wider handle too.
Please share details about this one, looks good. I like the stock mirrors, so may be a wider handle bar would be perfect for me. I've a 2015 Bullet 500.
Old 5th October 2015, 16:22   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Please share details about this one, looks good.

I've a 2015 Bullet 500.
Thanks. would also be interested in the details. The black handle you have put, is that custom made (as i see a cross bar)?
(the bike looks brilliant in the night light )

Can you also share more information on the side saddle bag? what volume can it take in?

Last edited by FuelInjector : 5th October 2015 at 16:24. Reason: add information
Old 5th October 2015, 16:38   #50
BHPian

Looks custom made, I've not seen this design online or in Nana peth (Pune).
I have almost finalized the RD350 style handle. I've seen a few nice designs on the sans website as well. Black looks better and will keep off the rust, because most of the chrome aftermarket accessories are prone to rusting.
Old 5th October 2015, 17:22   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please share details about this one, looks good. I like the stock mirrors, so may be a wider handle bar would be perfect for me. I've a 2015 Bullet 500.
Quote:
Thanks. would also be interested in the details. The black handle you have put, is that custom made (as i see a cross bar)?
(the bike looks brilliant in the night light )

Can you also share more information on the side saddle bag? what volume can it take in?
Quote:
Looks custom made, I've not seen this design online or in Nana peth (Pune).
I have almost finalized the RD350 style handle. I've seen a few nice designs on the sans website as well. Black looks better and will keep off the rust, because most of the chrome aftermarket accessories are prone to rusting.
Thanks for the compliments guys.
About the handle I got it online from a shop called Imperial customs based in Kochin.You can look over in facebook.

Saddlebags-Ordered on e bay.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/CUSTOMIZED-RO...item3d02a34285.
Bought from a different seller tough.Now I can store the bike cover.I can carry the spare cables and a days clothes without any issues as I frequently do Pune-mumbai
The pic was taken at 6:00am while going to Mumbai
Attached Thumbnails
PAPS, my Enfield Bullet 500 (Forest Green) - Selection, purchase & review-1_1.jpg  

PAPS, my Enfield Bullet 500 (Forest Green) - Selection, purchase & review-1_2.jpg  

Last edited by rakesh_r : 5th October 2015 at 17:23.
Old 5th October 2015, 18:04   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
About the handle I got it online from a shop called Imperial customs based in Kochin.You can look over in facebook.
Did the stock cables fit directly on this handle bar? I mean one of my buddy bought a wide handle and he is unable to source longer cables now
Also, did you fit the handle yourself? So, if I order online, I can do the same.
Old 5th October 2015, 18:29   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did the stock cables fit directly on this handle bar? I mean one of my buddy bought a wide handle and he is unable to source longer cables now
Also, did you fit the handle yourself? So, if I order online, I can do the same.
No cables to be changed.Yes,if you have the tools you can fit it all by yourself.
The handle that your friend might have bought might be the "Extended RD handle" which requires you to use the cables from the tbird.
Old 30th October 2015, 12:24   #54
BHPian

Finished 2 months of riding with Odo on 1500.
i have noticed one strange thing - every morning when i kick start, the bike sounds dead. it takes few kicks to come back to life. I resort to putting the choke on, then also its dead. Then when i remove the choke and kick, it comes to life. The winning combination seems like this:
1. 2 kicks with no choke - no response from engine
2. pull out the choke
3. 3 kicks with choke - no response from engine
4. put in the choke
5. second or third kick fires up the engine.
Was out of station for 10 days and maybe that could be causing this?
Has anyone faced this issue pattern during cold start?

did my next fuel filling at 1295 Kms. Approx FE of about 35 kmpl.
The guy had a fancy number on his odo
PAPS, my Enfield Bullet 500 (Forest Green) - Selection, purchase & review-12345.jpg

One parting shot i took ~10 days back in my farm. Has been carrying heavy sacks with no complain as yet.
PAPS, my Enfield Bullet 500 (Forest Green) - Selection, purchase & review-farm.jpg
FuelInjector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 18:21   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...every morning when i kick start, the bike sounds dead. it takes few kicks to come back to life. ...
For cold starts or starting your bullet after prolong period of idleness, you are expected to make use of the Choke + Electric start combination only.

Pull the choke lever and then press the starter switch. Please keep it pressed for sometime till your engine comes to life. If you are starting your bullet after a prolong period, then you have to repeat the above process a few times.

Cold starting should be via the ES and that is mentioned on the manual also. Choke + KS is not the best way to start these bullets at early morning or after long periods of rest.

Best regards,
Majumdarda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 09:32   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
For cold starts or starting your bullet after prolong period of idleness, you are expected to make use of the Choke + Electric start combination only.
Thanks dada. I always thought firing the cylinder using kick start at cold causes the starter motor to live long
Old 2nd November 2015, 16:14   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have noticed one strange thing - every morning when i kick start, the bike sounds dead. it takes few kicks to come back to life. I resort to putting the choke on, then also its dead. Then when i remove the choke and kick, it comes to life. The winning combination seems like this:
1. 2 kicks with no choke - no response from engine
2. pull out the choke
3. 3 kicks with choke - no response from engine
4. put in the choke
5. second or third kick fires up the engine.
Was out of station for 10 days and maybe that could be causing this?
Has anyone faced this issue pattern during cold start?
FuelInjector mate below is the technique I follow while starting my RE's after prolonged periods of standing and also during cold winter morning starts.
1. Press the clutch lever about 5-8 times to free the clutch plates from sticking due to prolonged stages of standing. (with ignition and kill switch in off position)
2. Turn the throttle twice or thrice to free the throttle. (with ignition and kill switch in off position)
3. Give three to four gentle kicks(with ignition and kill switch in off position) to prime the engine.
4. Pull the choke and give another one or two gentle kicks (again (with ignition and kill switch in off position)
5. (With ignition and kill switch in on position) Keep the choke on and give a smooth swing of a gentle kick. The motorcycle starts in first or at the most second kick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Cold starting should be via the ES and that is mentioned on the manual also. Choke + KS is not the best way to start these bullets at early morning or after long periods of rest.
Aptly put as mentioned in the owners manual.

Quote:
Thanks dada. I always thought firing the cylinder using kick start at cold causes the starter motor to live long
Mate refer to this wonderful thread by our very own Randhawa on his CL500. He clearly mentions use of electric start for the first time in the morning and during cold starts. The link and post no:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...thread-37.html

Post no. 542
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 16:59   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Thanks Navin as usual. shall try your method and see how my guy responds.
what a thread you got me to. I loved the line about the "testosterone" stuff
Old 2nd December 2015, 09:42   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Aptly put as mentioned in the owners manual.
Thanks Navin once again. Have been using the choke+ES for a month now and it seems to work like a charm. Being year end, mornings are cold and foggy here. But still no impact on the bull.

Quick que - what extra cables do you carry on long trips? Do you carry a foot pump as well?
Old 2nd December 2015, 10:06   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quick que - what extra cables do you carry on long trips? Do you carry a foot pump as well?
Mate I have seen some riders not carrying anything except their personal luggage while some riders carry important spares all the time. If I am doing some short rides of say about 100-150 kms I don't carry any spares except for a spark plug which is always there in my toolbox.

Whenever I do multiple day long rides I take accelerator cable, clutch cable(Tbird's clutch cable is notorious for snapping), toolkit, etc. I have not yet come across a single puncture in all these years of riding(touchwood) but I intend to buy an electronic tyre inflator and a spare tube just in case. The footpump although handy is somewhat bulky and takes up precious cargo space so I give it a pass.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks