Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2006, 13:12   #1

hi guys,i have a pulsar 180 old model 2002,since last few months i am facing a problem my bike does not go above 115@km ,first i used top easily top till 127@km , i dont understand the problem even the bajaj service center mechanics can guess the problem,i checked each and every thing the carb is ok,spark plug is new,clutch is ok the piston,piston ring crank bearings,chain sprocket silencer tyres each and evey thing is perfect then wat is the problem.no mechanic can guess it out i dont know wats the prob guys pleas help me out with the solution.thanks a lot.
Old 6th September 2006, 13:30   #2
BHPian

there is a usual drop in performance after a couple of years. just like the bike peaks its performance around 10k mark. this is what i have felt with my CBZ over 6 years time.

though only more experienced members can either tell whether its correct or not.
Old 6th September 2006, 15:54   #3
BHPian

Hey, 2002 model and 127kmph till a few months ago. Thats great. I lost the engine smoothness, especially while picking up after 35k on the ODO.
There is no doubt, this is one point found badly wanting in Bajaj vehicles as compared to a Honda, who are reknown for the refinement of their engines.
Old 6th September 2006, 16:31   #4

thanks

thanks vicki but is this ok means now my bike wont be able to touch 125 again but ya some times means very rarely when i get a long run very rare i touch abt 122km.
Old 6th September 2006, 17:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

It might be that you are acullay doing that much. The seepdo and worm might have worn out and giving a wrong speed.
Also look for chain set and did you go in for 17 inch wheels and check the tyres also.
Old 7th September 2006, 02:57   #6
BHPian

Get the compression checked by the service center. ..Also what is the maintenance history of the bike?...also you can check the air filter and clean it or even change if its worn out. check the the petrol filter too
Old 7th September 2006, 03:23   #7
BHPian

Bro,
just by saying that ur clutches are ok.. they need not necessarily be ok... get them checked and replaced, after that what engine oil are u using!!, plus get ur tappets checked.. if they are too tight then the bike wont hit its top speed.. like wise if it is too loose u'll have problems..
What petrol are u feeding ur bike..
There are many a things that can cause this problem..chk these first.
My CBZ is 7 yr old and i still can manage a cool 117kmph (gtec reading).
Cheers
Shrey
Old 15th September 2006, 10:21   #8
M77
BHPian

Have you gained weight lately?
Old 15th September 2006, 12:06   #9

Have you done the Decarbonizing that also has impact on the top speed of the bike. I too have P180 2002 Model after the decarbonizing and cluch plate replacement. My bike has become very smooth. And One Highway now I goes near to 120Kmph....

And for Petrol, I never use Speed. Coz i have seen the performance of bike goes down with Speed oil.
Old 17th September 2006, 11:53   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
there is a usual drop in performance after a couple of years. just like the bike peaks its performance around 10k mark. this is what i have felt with my CBZ over 6 years time.

though only more experienced members can either tell whether its correct or not.
This aint true, specially for moden day machines.

Regarding the Pulsar problem, does it smoke in the morning? Are tyres rotating freely when put on the main stand? When was the fuel and air filter last replaced? When was the carb last tuned? They are many many factors which are responsible for a bike loosing its steam over a period of time..
Old 12th October 2007, 15:00   #11
BHPian

OT: I am experiencing the same problem in my ZMA, bike used to clock 135-140 approx on the speedo, now it struggles to touch 125. I need help badly, by the way is this got to do anything with the cam tensioner of the bike?
Old 10th October 2008, 00:05   #12
BHPian

looks like noone is interested in this thread anymore.mods please close this thread...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks