Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2017, 15:11   #181
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review

The Yamaha R3 has been removed from the list of motorcycles on the Yamaha India website.

Bhpians, any idea if a new version is coming soon to our shores? Possibly equipped with ABS?

Yamaha India
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review-yamaha.png  

Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review-r3.png  

Last edited by //M : 7th April 2017 at 15:15.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 21:09   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The Yamaha R3 has been removed from the list of motorcycles on the Yamaha India website.

Bhpians, any idea if a new version is coming soon to our shores? Possibly equipped with ABS?

Yamaha India
This is what I am aware of. Need not be 100% true.

1. The R3 which was running all this while was BS4 compliant but was done with the paper work of BS3. Hence some work needs to be done.
2. There could be some minor enhancement to make it ready beyond BS4 with the new lot that will start coming in soon.
3. Imports will be stopped till the new version is out or paper work is complete.

Now the existing ones, since quoted as BS3 cannot be sold anymore. The bike will be on sale after the new lot is back or appropriate paper work is done. Till then, existing owners, feel exclusive.

If Yamaha was planning to remove R3 so soon, they would not have thought of extending the recall to all R3 owners just a month or so back. Big cost to them. So one thing is for sure, no need to panic.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 11:21   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
This is what I am aware of. Need not be 100% true.

1. The R3 which was running all this while was BS4 compliant but was done with the paper work of BS3. Hence some work needs to be done.
Hi Abhishek, our last YRC - Markonahalli ride was fun ( if you can recall me joining your group).
Are you a hundred percent sure that the existing R3s on road are BS4 compliant? There is an interesting thread on differences between BS3 and BS4 here by a Bhpian "Difference between BS3 and BS4 engines" look for the evaporative emission requirement for 2 wheelers. I will have a big smile if our R3s already have these carbon canisters fitted in the tank.

here are a few clicks from our last ride
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review-img_20170409_072634.jpg  

Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review-img_20170409_072818.jpg  

Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review-img_20170409_092016.jpg  

Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review-img_20170409_092734.jpg  

aabhimanyu04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 11:11   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabhimanyu04 View Post
Hi Abhishek, our last YRC - Markonahalli ride was fun ( if you can recall me joining your group).
Are you a hundred percent sure that the existing R3s on road are BS4 compliant? There is an interesting thread on differences between BS3 and BS4 here by a Bhpian "Difference between BS3 and BS4 engines" look for the evaporative emission requirement for 2 wheelers. I will have a big smile if our R3s already have these carbon canisters fitted in the tank.

here are a few clicks from our last ride
Hey Abhimanyu !! I sure do remember and I can relate now with your team-bhp.com post

I am not even 1% sure on that as this came from one of our YRC discussions and quoted as a so called confirmed news. That said, the chances of R3 returning with proper BS4 stamping is quite high. As of now, everything is a rumor as even the Yamaha - India guys do not have a confirmed news. I wish we had a better picture, but alas.

Thanks for joining the last ride and the clicks ! Hope you enjoyed it. It was good to see the FZ-1 and the MT-09 join us. The MT-09 was a beauty.

Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review-virb008001.jpg

Taken from the Garmin Virb Ultra 30
abhisheksircar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 07:49   #185
Team-BHP Support

Any information on either the R3 or the MT-03 coming to India?
Old 18th September 2017, 09:46   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Any information on either the R3 or the MT-03 coming to India?
One of the "Birdie" associated quite closely with the Japanese manufacturer told me that the YZF-R3 will be displayed at the auto expo which I believe is sometime during December or January.

What I am really interested with is this:

The updated R3 will offer ABS as standard, and possibly all LED headlights, with an addition of a Matte Black shade.
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 09:20   #187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
One of the "Birdie" associated quite closely with the Japanese manufacturer told me that the YZF-R3 will be displayed at the auto expo which I believe is sometime during December or January.
Is it available anywhere else?[UK/US, Thailand] Would like to see the changes made to it.
Old 20th September 2017, 13:58   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Is it available anywhere else?[UK/US, Thailand] Would like to see the changes made to it.
I am not sure Sheel if I understood your question. You can just browse the internet to know the actual specs of the international R3.

I am just going to post 2 shades that I am hoping is offered on the India bound R3:

Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review-r31.jpg

Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review-r32.jpg
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 20:43   #189
BHPian

Does anyone have any update on when the BS4 version of R3 is being launched here?
Old 24th October 2017, 22:52   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
Does anyone have any update on when the BS4 version of R3 is being launched here?

I heard from one of the chennai dealers that it will be towards March or April 2018.

I doubt Yamaha would delay that further with rivals already coming up aith ABS versions.
connect2prashan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 22:05   #191
BHPian

I have been hearing varied dates from dealers here in Mumbai. One said November, one said Jan and third one said March. I fail to understand what is taking Yamaha so long. Especially when Kawasaki was so quick to get the Ninja 300 BS4 so swiftly.
Old 27th February 2018, 18:38   #192
Team-BHP Support

Re: One Year !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
shared with the top responsible gentlemen in Yamaha
Any contacts Abhishek?

A friend is having issues with his R15 and is unable to get it rectified from the dealerships. Infact, dealership has only made it worse.

He has already used to complaint form on Yamaha website and hasn't received a response except for an automated mailer. Asking here because I couldn't find any other recent threads were escalations to Yamaha was involved.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 27th February 2018 at 18:42.
Old 2nd March 2018, 08:31   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by connect2prashan View Post
I doubt Yamaha would delay that further with rivals already coming up aith ABS versions.
Rivals coming up with ABS versions? Why, rivals are coming with 400cc versions. With ABS (at the same price as 300cc maybe). If that's not a big enough heads-up, I dunno what is.
Old 7th September 2018, 14:24   #194
BHPian

So guys,

the wait has finally ended,
Installed the full system exhaust on the Yamaha r3 (probably only just a few bikers in India have done it till now),
with non-documented results.

My uncle went to China, got this bundle under a very special request,
consisted of header pipes, mid pipe, and tailpipe. (with some springs to join everything)
Didn't ask him to source muffler too, as I had plans of sourcing it locally.

I didn't want to fiddle with the fairing, (YouTube shows that right side fairing removal is required, which is not the case)
I know for a fact that fairing removal is not required (after spending countless hours on r3 forums worldwide, even in other languages) (call me stupid)

Sourced a local mechanic, since I was low on Allen keys etc,
removal of the stock system was a 20 minutes affair,

installing was a little tough, but we managed to do it in 45 mins.

the roar that it gave, along with a little flame was mind-numbing,
the whole character of the bike changed,

took a short ride, and parked it safe in home compound waiting for the 1st copy SC project exhaust to tone down the loudness & a bit of flame as well.

when I say flames, don't be afraid, it's just a poor mixture of oxygen & fuel that's causing this once in a while,
will subsidize when enough time is given since ECU is self-learning.

no expensive re-tune is required.

You can, however, use blocker plates to reduce the backfires it gives sometimes,

The total system costed me below 15k, which is more than 3 times cheaper than full system exhausts available online.

I can help you source the parts & other technical bits if you want to do the process.

The bike is a beast now, from a timid rat (sound wise)
Nitish.arnold is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 06:45   #195
BHPian

Pardon me for joining the party 5 years too late, but i accidentally bumped into your thread and i must say it made my day, such well written and such a wonderful dealership experience and PDI at Yamaha, i badly wish my experience at Yamaha mirrored yours when i purchased my r15 v3 last year.

There was no PDI, no inspection, dull, unenthusiastic executives handled the documents and just handed over the key to me and went back in, no celebrations, no explanation of features, no diagnostics check up or anything.

I really have dull and drab experience with them not just because of that but the service experience as well, i had almost written Yamaha off because of their way below average dealership and service experience but this thread seems like a breath of fresh air, how has your service experience been so far?

The yamaha guys here have not even bothered cleaning my air filter in any of the 4 services i've had, they never even mentioned checking the bike on the diagnosis computer, i only recently came to know they do such a thing from a youtube video and now your thread, should this be done regularly? Do they charge separately for the same?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks