Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2017, 14:08   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
... the two trivial yet lethal issues stops me from recommending this bike to anyone till it's sorted...

1. Tyres : This was a cheap move by Yamaha to keep cost low and risk the riders.....
To anyone, tyres shouldn't be a big trouble since it can be replaced with a preferred high quality brand. Absolutely no warranty concerns either with this.

Quote:
... 2. Error 19 : This is my major cause of concern and this needs to be fixed before I can ever recommend the R3 to anyone....
With the latest recall, does this get sorted out?
Old 17th February 2017, 22:19   #152
BHPian

Yamaha India has initiated a recall of certain number of R3s

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/yamaha-yzf...switch-1660283

Looks like the end of faulty power kill switch. But I still think current YZF R3 is overpriced so cant make up the mind to put my money on one.
Sid13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 02:02   #153
BHPian

And that finally makes the bike complete.

The recall involves two major changes.

1. Tank bracket replacement. This is where the bracket is not able to hold the vibration and hence cracks and starts leaking. A issue found by me and reported as well. There were extensive photographs and feedback taken and I am really happy that they have acted upon it. When I had reported this, they claimed that no one else has reported this issue and they took my bike's whole tank and all related parts for R&D.

2. Power Switch Replacement. This was one of the major issues we have been discussing about and I am really glad that this is also being taken care of. Stalling of the bike out of nowhere was a major issue. This being taken care of, a major pain area is taken care of.

The only bane that will continue for not too "aware" riders will be the tyres but that as per me is a very small issue which can be sorted by just replacing the tyres. Although at a cost, it is an easy fix.

A perfect 300cc finally as I recall one of the Yamaha designers couple of years saying, "India does not have a great 300+ cc bike and we will deliver it". I loved the bike but I hated those niggling issues. Really glad that in just about an years time, all issues were heard upon, studied and corrected. This I must say is an act of trust which Yamaha loves to build around itself.

I will update upon the recall details as soon as I go through it and hopefully with these the issues are all resolved.
abhisheksircar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 10:45   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And that finally makes the bike complete.....
That's great to know!

Quote:
...A perfect 300cc finally as I recall one of the Yamaha designers couple of years saying, "India does not have a great 300+ cc bike and we will deliver it". ...
Just wish they launch ABS too - that will really complete the package I guess.
Old 22nd February 2017, 15:22   #155
BHPian

Quote:
A issue found by me and reported as well. There were extensive photographs and feedback taken and I am really happy that they have acted upon it. When I had reported this, they claimed that no one else has reported this issue and they took my bike's whole tank and all related parts for R&D.
Its so heartening to see a manufacturer working hard to resolve issues!
And quickly even issue a recall for all the bikes.
Go Yamaha!
Old 22nd February 2017, 15:24   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Just wish they launch ABS too - that will really complete the package I guess.
That's right, a 300cc sports bike costing 3.75 lacs definitely needs ABS. Especially, when Dominar 400 @ 1.5 lacs has ABS as an option.
Old 23rd February 2017, 09:26   #157
BHPian

Any idea about when the abs version will be launched ? Asked few people around and noone seems to have a clue. Im looking for a lateral upgrade from my duke 390 though the bike is running like a dream.
Old 23rd February 2017, 13:15   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitninja View Post
Any idea about when the abs version will be launched ? Asked few people around and noone seems to have a clue. Im looking for a lateral upgrade from my duke 390 though the bike is running like a dream.
I had visited the Yamaha Showroom few days back to inquire about R3, they had no stocks and they had no idea when the next lot will arrive. It can either be a goof up on dealer side, or maybe a sign that Yamaha is now exhausting the current stock and hopefully planning to bring the ABS lot next.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 20:41   #159
BHPian

Quote:
And that finally makes the bike complete.
Good to know that your already awesome bike has become even better . You are one of kind mate- who moved on from cars to bikes. I envy you
Old 24th February 2017, 09:01   #160
BHPian

UPDATE : Got a call from my service center to schedule a recall this Saturday. Will update details soon. Looks like this recall was initiated from US market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Good to know that your already awesome bike has become even better . You are one of kind mate- who moved on from cars to bikes. I envy you
Andy I was always into anything that has engines and moves. Well almost anything !! Bikes actually was and still remains the first love. It will be a close call into cars, may be the day I move to something that also does a 0-100 in 5-6 odd seconds. I definitely enjoy both driving and riding as much but the thrill of riding keeps me inclined a bit more to riding for now.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 12:49   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE : Got a call from my service center to schedule a recall this Saturday. Will update details soon...
There are some members who mentioned there are no stocks in couple of cities. Could you check with the centre guys on whether ABS is on cards in the new lot please?
Old 24th February 2017, 20:54   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
UPDATE : Got a call from my service center to schedule a recall this Saturday. Will update details soon. Looks like this recall was initiated from US market.
Wanted to confirm two things from you.
1. The 2017 editions would have the issues rectified or not?
2. What is the service schedule like? Kilometer based or day/s based?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
There are some members who mentioned there are no stocks in couple of cities. Could you check with the centre guys on whether ABS is on cards in the new lot please?
It is available a plenty at a small place like Siliguri.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 15:01   #163
BHPian

Anyone has idea about the discounts being offered on R3 for the BS-III model?
Old 21st March 2017, 15:58   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Anyone has idea about the discounts being offered on R3 for the BS-III model?
My brother is on the lookout for R3 and only last week got some details:

- Apparently, fading issues were reported on the 'Racing Blue' by some of its owners. So this colour has been discontinued for now.

- Further to the first point, only Black is available now (till the stocks last) and this shade will be made available for the April lot as well. Not really sure if Yamaha India may introduce another shade.

- I though the R3 was BS4 compliant to begin with. I would be surprised if the earlier models were not

- Currently, there are 2 black R3s available with Perfect Riders (Lalbagh Road), both of which are 2017 manufactured.

- Ofcourse with the new tax levied, the R3 must be about 20-25K dearer from April 1.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 21st March 2017 at 15:59.
Old 21st March 2017, 16:25   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
My brother is on the lookout for R3 and only last week got some details
Why not consider the ER-6n or the Legendary Ninja 300 over the R3 which are far better products with absolutely zero niggles and in the market for years now.

Kawasaki is also offering heavy discounts now which should help you in the pricing front as well.

Cheers,
Amey

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks