Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2018, 21:11   #481
BHPian

Re: BMW G310R & G310GS launched at Rs. 2.99 - 3.49 lakh

Good news for Bangalore riders.
As some of you know, I was the first one in Team BHP to book a BMW G310R and the first one to cancel my booking after the prices were announced

But, since I was one of the early birds, I got a call from the showroom yesterday and today and they are offering me the bike at a discounted price. The White color that is selling at OTR price of 3.97L in Bangalore is being offered at 3.66L . The other colors are being offered at 3.54L OTR Bangalore. Do let me know (send a message) if someone wants to buy the bike. They told me that anyone could buy the bike on my name. Booking and registration of course would be on the owners name.

PS: I bought a Bajaj Dominar by July end after the prices for these bikes were revealed. If this was the price then, I would definitely would have gone for G310R.
driverabhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 10:36   #482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverabhi View Post
since I was one of the early birds, I got a call from the showroom yesterday and today and they are offering me the bike at a discounted price. The White color that is selling at OTR price of 3.97L in Bangalore is being offered at 3.66L . The other colors are being offered at 3.54L OTR Bangalore. Do let me know (send a message) if someone wants to buy the bike. They told me that anyone could buy the bike on my name. Booking and registration of course would be on the owners name.
These bikes are being sold at Discounts at most places here in North, Free Insurance, some accessories or Cash Discounts and NO Handling charges

BMW guys, as usual, got greedy and messed up the launch in my opinion. They could have done far better before if they had any strategy. I won't be surprised if the discounts increase even further. They must have some agreements on production with TVS. Even on their larger bikes, almost all are available with discounts in excess of 10 % or more.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 11:24   #483
Senior - BHPian

You are so right. Now the value of a brand is diluted by great measure. For eg., BMW jackets and accessories are so much accessible online and it's not like before where they enjoyed a WOW REACTION! The same is rubbed off on the vehicles themselves. Value is the new king, especially in India. I was in the market for one such bike but the price scared me off. Now I spot these bikes here n there, and the novelty has worn off, so might consider the next model - if priced decently. A launch is very important and I admire the way JAWA did it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
These bikes are being sold at Discounts at most places here in North, Free Insurance, some accessories or Cash Discounts and NO Handling charges

BMW guys, as usual, got greedy and messed up the launch in my opinion. They could have done far better before if they had any strategy. I won't be surprised if the discounts increase even further. They must have some agreements on production with TVS. Even on their larger bikes, almost all are available with discounts in excess of 10 % or more.
Old 5th December 2018, 11:29   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

So I test rode the BMW GS310 on the highway from Bangalore to Krishnagiri (roughly 70-80 kms?). Some thoughts:

+Very light, easy to manoeuvre off the road - no thinking involved.
+High saddle height - as much as Versys - great commanding position
+Very supple suspension - better than Versys
+Light clutch action
+gear box is phenomenally light and slick
+Panel quality is much better and tougher feeling than the Versys
+Super road presence - looks big and butch. You'll get eyeballs for sure!

-Actual cruising speed is 95kmph, anything more is stressful
-Lots of buzz after 95k - especially on the seat
-Non adjustable clutch lever. Even after putting replacement ones which are adjustable, the reach is too far out. Adjusting the clutch cable itself (near the clutch case/lever side) does not work much (tried).
-Brakes leave a lot to be desired, its too progressive and no initial bite. I had to literally "stand" on the front brakes.
-Wind blast over 100 kmph - can be fixed with an after market windshield
-Gear shifts are too light, I had to look down at the console many a times to see if I had indeed shifted. The positive action seems missing. The Versys gear box (if the clutch is set right) sits bang in the middle.
-Standing and riding inspite of 2 inch risers and 1.5 inch lowering peg does not seem comfortable at all. It's set up more like a dirt bike (short standing up bursts over very demanding terrain) rather than a comfortable ADV tourer (long run's standing up on gravel roads). Hope that make sense.

I am yet to do some offroad with the bike, which is definitely on the cards in a few weeks time. Will report back then.

Last edited by Red Liner : 5th December 2018 at 11:30.
Red Liner is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 11:51   #485
BANNED

A well equipped GS like this https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4501422 (BMW G310R & G310GS launched at Rs. 2.99 - 3.49 lakh)

is must have stuff for GS riders, have seen people are doing minimal add on and complaining about GS, I sold it for different reason but rest of the things I was quite happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
So I test rode the BMW GS310 on the highway from Bangalore to Krishnagiri (roughly 70-80 kms?). Some thoughts:
Old 5th December 2018, 11:56   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
A well equipped GS like this https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4501422 (BMW G310R & G310GS launched at Rs. 2.99 - 3.49 lakh)

is must have stuff for GS riders, have seen people are doing minimal add on and complaining about GS, I sold it for different reason but rest of the things I was quite happy.
Don't think any of those after market fitments does anything to how the bike is set up on the inside. I think new pipes and end can might help deliver a bit more grunt.

Also more time on the saddle means you become malleable to the bike and then some of these "issues" become "non issues".

I expect the bike to however completely thrash my senses when offroad. I have been asking a dear owner I know well to move to a different sprocket ratio front and back to deliver wheelies from the get go...lets see

Last edited by Red Liner : 5th December 2018 at 12:20.
Red Liner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 17:10   #487
BHPian

40,000 to 70,000 discount on 310s across locations. Whooping 24% discount, if the same is applicable for 310R.
Attached Images

RSimonS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 17:24   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

That has been a quick drop in price, wondering how the current owners will be feeling. Slowly BMW is aligning the price to what the market might actually pay, I guess the one who wanted to pay for the badge, have already done so.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 18:19   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
40,000 to 70,000 discount
Wow! Now that is a lot discount out there. A lot of owners who had paid the earlier amount just for the brand value is going to have a hard time digesting this news.

Is this applicable to new bookings or what if someone had already booked their bike as per the earlier rates? Will BMW honor this offer to those waiting for their bikes too?

Ride Safe,
R-Six
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 19:28   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Is this applicable to new bookings
Price at the time of invoicing is considered vehicle price usually, hence pending deliveries should fall in this category

New buyers might get distracted from 310s in future, such huge price drops could kill market perception towards the brand itself. Discounts do happen towards year end / year out models. This seems to be a desperate move. This could also be an aftermath of Intercepter / Jawa pricing, never know.

Bangalore is getting 40K discount, Cochin 70K. This may also be dealer driven discounts
RSimonS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 08:45   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
New buyers might get distracted from 310s in future, such huge price drops could kill market perception towards the brand itself. Discounts do happen towards year end / year out models. This seems to be a desperate move. This could also be an aftermath of Intercepter / Jawa pricing, never know.

Bangalore is getting 40K discount, Cochin 70K. This may also be dealer driven discounts
You are absolutely correct. As a business, this is a dreadful move by BMW India considering it is re positioning itself from being a premium manufacturer with a premium price to a relatively mass market one. How did they mess up the pricing of the bikes this badly?

In Cochin, I was told they had a bunch of bookings for the 310s but Ive seen only one GS310 on the roads so far. In fact Ive spotted GS1200s more often that I have seen the GS310 here.
Old 7th December 2018, 10:08   #492
BHPian

Quote:
40,000 to 70,000 discount on 310s across locations. Whooping 24% discount, if the same is applicable for 310R.
I called BMW Motorrad at Hyderabad. The discount is notional- in the sense that they are offering the loan at some 3%, as opposed to the 9-10% that the bank charges. So this 40-70k is the interest saved, not a discount per se.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 22:02   #493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I called BMW Motorrad at Hyderabad. The discount is notional- in the sense that they are offering the loan at some 3%, as opposed to the 9-10% that the bank charges. So this 40-70k is the interest saved, not a discount per se.
The twitter post from BMW Motorrad India talks about free insurance in addition to the low loan percentage. In case you are purchasing the motorcycle, do insist on getting this as well.

Name:  in.PNG
Views: 1377
Size:  384.2 KB
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 22:54   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The twitter post from BMW Motorrad India talks about free insurance in addition to the low loan percentage. In case you are purchasing the motorcycle, do insist on getting this as well.
Ah, nice didn’t know this. I don’t know why the guys at the Hyd dealership didn’t tell me about this offer.

I haven’t decided about this bike yet. I am not sure why one should pay a lakh over the RR310. And looking at the dealer’s attitude, it seems to be as bad as TVS anyways
Old 10th December 2018, 11:33   #495
BANNED

Re: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS launched in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

-Actual cruising speed is 95kmph, anything more is stressful
-Lots of buzz after 95k - especially on the seat.
That's too low for a 310. My SF FI does 95, no problem. In fact, it's at its smothest between 90 and 100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshY1 View Post
I'll not be surprised to see discounts (Rs. 50k) on these bikes in about half a year's time. These are Made-For-India bikes. They have to make it in India -- or perish.
God Bless BMW Motorrad.
From Rush Lane:
Quote:
With the year 2018 coming to an end, BMW Motorrad dealers across India are selling these two bikes at huge discounts. Some are even selling it at Rs 70,000 discount.

With these discounts the BMW G310R and the G310GS cost around Rs.3 lakhs and Rs.3.70 lakhs respectively. The benefits include cash discounts, free insurance, no handling charges, and free accessories are on offer at all dealerships.

While the Bengaluru dealers are offering discounts of Rs.40,000, dealers in Kerala are offering cash discounts and benefits upto Rs.70,000 while dealers in North and West India offer financial options at lower rates of interest along with cash discounts.
Royal Enfield has made the 310's life hell. It doesn't matter what they call it, it's after all less money in BMW's pockets. I believe the price drop isn't over.

Now, all we need is Husqvarna twins at 2.5-2.6 lakh and the 790 Duke for about 5 lakh. And the coffin will be ready for burial.

Last edited by MaheshY1 : 10th December 2018 at 11:47.
MaheshY1 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks