Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2015, 12:01   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Hero MotoCorp sells 3 lakh units through Snapdeal, could launch online portal

In December 2014 Hero MotoCorp, the world’s largest two-wheeler maker (by volume), listed its entire range of two wheelers on the online marketplace, Snapdeal.com to take the next step in sales and marketing, and to understand the potential of the same. After 10 months of the tie up, the company has sold 3,00,000 vehicles through the website. The total value turns out to be INR 1,500 crores(assuming the average price of a 2 wheeler is around INR 50,000)

This is 5% of Hero MotorCorp's total sales, but that is still bigger than or close to the total sales of several other manufacturers (Mahindra 2 wheelers, Suzuki, Piaggio Vespa).

Although it is being referred to as online sales, the online option is more of a booking by paying Rs 1000. Once done the nearest dealer will get in touch for other formalities. (Except for the electric range which does not require registration, where full payment can be done)

Still, the numbers are surprising. Never thought that 2 wheeler buyers in such large numbers would initiate a purchase online. I remember Skoda tried something similar for the Rapid and it did not work well. In my view, the trust in the manufacturer is a key factor for successful online sales.

OT: Seems weird to 'Add a Bike to Cart'

Hero MotoCorp sells 3 lakh units through Snapdeal, could launch online portal-snap1.jpg

Hero MotoCorp sells 3 lakh units through Snapdeal, could launch online portal-snap2.jpg

Hero MotoCorp sells 3 lakh units through Snapdeal, could launch online portal-snap3.jpg

Article Source: IAB

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 12th October 2015 at 12:09.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 12:54   #2
BHPian

Re: Hero MotoCorp sells 3 lakh units through Snapdeal, could launch online portal

This is a surprise. Though it is a booking only option, it is staggering to see 3,00,000 customers availed this option. I am not sure if there is any special advantage of booking it online as opposed to booking with the dealer as finally you need to contact the dealer. May be I am missing something.
Old 12th October 2015, 15:20   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hero MotoCorp sells 3 lakh units through Snapdeal, could launch online portal

Interesting to note this partnership sold 100,000 2-wheelers in the first 5 months (source) and 200,000 in the 6th - 10th month. If the numbers are true, that's some growth!

The Snapdeal vouchers & free insurance offers definitely played a part?

Our earlier thread on the topic (Now book your next two-wheeler from Hero MotoCorp on Snapdeal)

Last edited by GTO : 12th October 2015 at 15:21.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 15:30   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Something is fishy for sure.

Just check out the number of ratings each of their offering has got in the website. ALL in single digits except for a certain Passion Pro which has got 55 ratings. 3,00,000 people bought and only <150 people cared to click the rating button? Highly unlikely.
kiku007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 19:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Interesting to note this partnership sold 100,000 2-wheelers in the first 5 months (source) and 200,000 in the 6th - 10th month. If the numbers are true, that's some growth!

The Snapdeal vouchers & free insurance offers definitely played a part?

Our earlier thread on the topic (Now book your next two-wheeler from Hero MotoCorp on Snapdeal)
It was all about the free insurance offer.
kumarshah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 20:44   #6
BHPian

I checked Snapdeal right now and as such I do not see any incentive to buy it online.

They do not even have ex-showroom price for each city listed there. Risky proposition I say.
moshel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 22:51   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshel View Post
I checked Snapdeal right now and as such I do not see any incentive to buy it online.

They do not even have ex-showroom price for each city listed there. Risky proposition I say.
Actually today there was a launch of a new scheme through Snapdeal. You have a chance to win a free Hero two wheeler.

http://www.snapdeal.com/offers/hero
kumarshah is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks