Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2015, 15:37   #16
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Mojo - First bike delivered in India

It looks like the bike I have been waiting for a long time has finally arrived.

As jaysmokes put it, I too can afford a pricier bike but don't think it wise to splurge on a whim and regret when the service and repair bills rear their ugly head. And the pesky passers by who would love to leave their mark on an unguarded Ninja.

I am heading for the Mahindra showroom soon for the testride and should be getting my MOJO (back)!

Last edited by fiestarry : 21st October 2015 at 15:40.
fiestarry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 16:04   #17

Congratulations.. The bike looks just AWESOME in white and those upside down forks looks too good. 5 years warranty is very impressive and i cant wait on laying my hands on it.

Imagine if mahindra comes up with a 500 cc version with 45-50 odd bhp! Drooling right?? just a thought!!
@sohel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 17:02   #18
BHPian

Congrats Jay on getting the beauty. It was a pleasant surprise when we got to now that your bike is the first one to be delivered. Now you know why I was asking you to pester the dealership people

I remember you mentioning about your Thunderbird test ride and your requirements from the next bike. The moment I rode the Mojo early last month for a fairly long distance, I knew this is the bike for you and wholeheartedly recommended it. The grin on your face after a very short test ride said that I wasn't wrong

I also wish that the bike is a big success for Mahindra because it is a truly world class product. Worth the 5 year wait.

Wish you millions of happy miles and hope to see pictures of it in territories not many dare to venture into. Oh and the service interval is 6000 kms which will be great for your marathon long trips.
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 17:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the bike! Looks awesome with the twin silencers. And bike does look awesome in white.

But somehow, me don't like the headlamps somehow. They do somehow seem out of place. Maybe should look at one in person.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 17:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Jay!! Looks very good in white compared to other colors shown so far in pics. Maybe the color to get in the Mojo is White. Wish you many happy miles with the bike!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 17:52   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on your new bike. Its always a special feeling to be the First customer and the uniqueness you get on the streets. This reminds me the old days in 2008.I was the first customer for FZ-16 (in my hometown) which came out in local news papers and local channels..!
Was there any special delivery cermony held by M&M ?
If not thats really bad, considering that this bike has generated enough intrests across social media.
Old 21st October 2015, 18:15   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
For starters, this bike is not a commuter segment bike and cannot be ridden like a Hero Splendor in fourth gear at 20 kph, despite its torquey nature. So, those looking for such characteristics will be disappointed. This bike has to be ridden in the right gear at all times. You cannot lug the engine at 30 / 40 kph in a higher gear. The action starts around 4,500 rpm and above and I haven't gone beyond 5,000 rpm yet.
Hearty congratulations for the ride. If not for RC390, I would have ran to the showroom to lay my hands on this beauty! And it looks damn too nice in white!!

This is exactly what I felt when I rode RC390 out of showroom and to my home which is about 50 kms away. Bike would knock badly below 4000 rpm and for nearly initial 1000 kms, I wondered if I will ever be able to slot into 6th gear. However, things have become better at 5000 kms and power starts now at 3000 rpm.

May not make sense to ask the very first owner of Mahindra Mojo in the world ( ) but do you think engine will ease out in few thousand kms? If not, this looks like a concern. Even when touring, one invariably encounters villages and towns which do enough to test the low end power of bike and lack of power can be frustrating in these situations.

Last edited by ksameer1234 : 21st October 2015 at 18:20. Reason: Forgot to add the congratulations in excitement!
Old 21st October 2015, 18:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all for the wishes. Im really happy with the Mojo. Done 250 kms in 3 days since i got it and i shall try to answer your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Congratulations for being the very first owner of Mojo. This bike has been tested thoroughly and I guess that shows on the finished product. I had a 1st gen Pulsar 150 for 6 years and I miss it a lot. I did try a lot of bikes post the Pulsar but none came near it in riding position, even the next gen Pulsars. My city will get Mojo after a long wait as its a tier 3 city. If you have driven a 1st gen Pulsar, how would you rate the riding position of Mojo? Does this also have a short wheelbase which makes it easily chuckable in corners?

Wishing you a very happy and safe riding as well as touring.
I owned the 1st gen Pulsar 180. There is no comparision between the riding position of the two. The Pulsar has a very painful riding position if you intend to ride long distance or even 100 kms for that matter. I say this after having clocked 1.5 lakh kms on my pulsar.

The Mojo is not as easily chuckable as the old Pulsar. Atleast, i feel i will need to ride it for a 1000 kms before i get in the comfort zone of chucking it around in city traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Bike looks completely different(in a positive way) in white! any comments about how heavy the bike feels? seems heavy on paper.
It does feel heavier than the average commuters. However, its very maneuverable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Mate congratulations on acquiring the Mahindra Mojo. Although this is one of the most delayed bikes ever, but I still feel it is better to be late than never. I liked your choice of colour from the usual Black loving crowd. Can you share more details on the cycle parts(alloy rims, plastic panels, rvm's, wiring, etc.) and their quality apart from the tyres and switches. It would be great if you can share something more about the EFi unit used like whether it comes with an O2 sensor, closed loop/open loop system, etc.

Also share more details about its cruising ability and riding in city traffic with regards to engine heat. One good thing that I noticed is the bike comes with steel braided brake lines in addition to many other features. Like most of us in the forum feel I think this model will shake up the segment. Only thing bothering me is the Mahindra after sales service given the limited number of dealers they have.
Now that you mentioned it, i feel the rvm's are inadequate. They should be bogger with wider coverage. Ive almost hit a few bikers approaching me since i couldnt see them in the mirrors.

Engine does heat up if you in bumper to bumper traffic for 1hour. I hope this changes once i cover a few thousand kms.
Im not sure of the technical aspects of the bike to comment on it. Plastic panels are snug fit and feel like they will last.
I did not understand what you meant about the alloy rims , wiring etc. I dont know what O2 sensor closed/open loop system is. Please enlighten me about this. Im not sure about the efi system either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Congrats Jay! Now this thread needs lots and lots of photos taken at unexplored remotest of places which is your cup of tea
Yes, i do plan to take this bike places. Really long trips and i will post pics when i get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Congratulations jaysmokesleaves on your Mahindra Mojo. Thanks for the detailed review. I really liked the looks of the motorcycle. It seems that Mahindra has tested the bike for an extended period of time and the reliability should be at par with the others. The price is really enticing for the segment it has targeted. Hope that it is not an introductory offer.
I was told that this is an introductory offer till Diwali. BUt im very sure the bike will succeed to Mahindra. It seems lot of thought and effort has gone into the design and execution of this bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Congratulations on the new acquisition and special cheers for being the first retail customer in India. Ride safe and enjoy the bike.

- Couldn't help but notice, I am sure you did not feel distressed or humiliated (that is what chagrin means) by being the first retail customer. Please edit
Well, blame that on my lack of english knowledge. Im quite ectastic and felt quite amazed to know that i was the first Mojo customer. Thanks for pointing it out, but i dont think i can edit that post now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Minchingu View Post
Many Congrats Jay for your new Mojo! I must say, this bike suits very well for your built. Have to give a for your selection of color. Looks very attractive. By the way you've accomplished may "first's" after purchasing this bike, I know how great it feels!

Couple of days back saw this bike, just had a glimpse of the bike as the rider was cruising away on the roads. Definitely an eye catcher it is. I wanted to know for how many kilometers Mahindra have quoted the first service?

On a funny note, now you can tell to other riders, like Austin Powers "You Have Swag? Cool Story Bro, I Have MOJO...And It Has No Limits"
First service is at 1k kms and 6k kms for every subsequent service. 1st 4 services are free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelemail View Post
Congratulations Jay! Mojo looks promising and I'll keep following this thread to keep myself updated on the preformance. Honestly, for me, Mahindra is not a name to recon with when it comes to bikes, especially performance ones and to cap it the delay in launch of Mojo. From the look of it, I feel Mojo could be what Pulsor is for Bajaj.
Test ride the bike. Names come and go. We have seen some really big names deliver utter crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @sohel View Post
Congratulations.. The bike looks just AWESOME in white and those upside down forks looks too good. 5 years warranty is very impressive and i cant wait on laying my hands on it.

Imagine if mahindra comes up with a 500 cc version with 45-50 odd bhp! Drooling right?? just a thought!!
The 300 cc is good enough for all the roads in India. The top speed is approx 160 kph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Congrats Jay on getting the beauty. It was a pleasant surprise when we got to now that your bike is the first one to be delivered. Now you know why I was asking you to pester the dealership people

I remember you mentioning about your Thunderbird test ride and your requirements from the next bike. The moment I rode the Mojo early last month for a fairly long distance, I knew this is the bike for you and wholeheartedly recommended it. The grin on your face after a very short test ride said that I wasn't wrong

I also wish that the bike is a big success for Mahindra because it is a truly world class product. Worth the 5 year wait.

Wish you millions of happy miles and hope to see pictures of it in territories not many dare to venture into. Oh and the service interval is 6000 kms which will be great for your marathon long trips.
Thanks for that Aman. For the information, motivation and support. Im surely going to take this bike places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Congratulations on the bike! Looks awesome with the twin silencers. And bike does look awesome in white.

But somehow, me don't like the headlamps somehow. They do somehow seem out of place. Maybe should look at one in person.
Navin looks are a personal thing. If you see the bike in flesh i think u will like it too. Its been well designed and put together and doesnt look out of place one bit.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 18:30   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ411 View Post
Was there any special delivery cermony held by M&M ?
If not thats really bad, considering that this bike has generated enough intrests across social media.
Officially, the deliveries are starting tomorrow. But since the showroom folks promised the delivery soon after the launch, they delivered the bike early. So there was no big ceremony for the delivery. Just a small cake cutting session.

However, I posted the pictures on twitter and Mr. Anand Mahindra himself quoted my tweet and congratulated Jay. Can't get any better, isn't it?

Mahindra Mojo - First bike delivered in India-untitled.jpg
amansanc is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 19:02   #25
BHPian

Congratulations for getting your Mojo , the bike has very clean contours and is aesthetically beautiful and pleasing to look at in this color. Looking forward to your experience with this machine and if possible do post a video of engine beating here.
invincible7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 19:08   #26
BHPian

Congratulations, here is wishing you many many kilometers with your MOJO. The bike looks sweet in white.

I sold my Avenger 220 in May'2015, hoping to jump to the next level 250-400 CC but I am already regretting the decision since I could not find a worthy option as per my needs. Now, Mojo has all my attention, however I will wait for a while for the reviews and user reports to flow in before I take the plunge. Thank you for sharing, I will be closely following this thread!!!

Question - I am 6'1, do you think those office commutes of 30-40 kms per day can be easily done on MOJO in dense traffic?
Engine_Roars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 19:22   #27
BHPian

Congrats Jay on your acquisition, wish you thousands of safe miles ahead. The best things about your review is that it covers all the things that matter on a regular basis. No hi-tech stuff which just feels nice to read but doesn't even get noticed by non-enthusiast junta. May be I am getting too greedy but I would have loved to see a small clip of the much talked about exhaust note too, I feel the sound is an integral part of the riding experience and every non-commuter bike review should have this.

Coming on to the bike, it really feels nice to see the Mojo (after being written off by many due to the delay) getting the attention and great reviews that it deserves. Wish Mahindra doesn't botch up on ASS and takes this as their 'true beginning' in the Indian two wheeler space. I also wish it does decent numbers so that Mahindra keeps its focus on and we see better ecosystem of accessories and customization options as we see for the REs.

Enough has been said already about the polarizing design elements, I just want to add that it looks surprisingly good in white/black combo, certainly better than the all black and red ones.
abhi29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 19:35   #28
BHPian

Congrats Jay, now you can smoke others on your tours and leave a trail of dust. Now I know why you have Jaysmokesleaves as your name.

Mojo has definitely rekindled my interest on owning a bike. Earlier I had a Suzuki Samurai and true to its slogan it was a no problem bike.

Looks like Mojo is build to last and offers tereific value for money.

Like others asked the big question is how good or bad is it in bumper to bumper traffic,especially with regard to heat and maneuverability.

Last edited by Chillout : 21st October 2015 at 19:48.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 19:37   #29
BHPian

Congrats Jay ... good choice of color. Wishing you many more happy and safe miles crunching the Mojo. Must be a great feeling to possess the first Mojo in the country
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 20:42   #30
BHPian

Congratulations Jay, on the wonderful acquisition! The design has come a long way from the time it was first shown at the Auto Expo, and I reckon the white colour complements the frame and swingarm colour well.

One request: Please put up a video of the idling sound if feasible. And, if you're relatively free the day you'd be taking the video, please remove the dB killer and post a before/after video maybe.
dreamseller is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed