Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2015, 21:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Mojo - First bike delivered in India

Congrats on the bike and for squeezing yourself into the history of indian biking Wondering, if you tested out the Inazuma and how you would compare the Mojo to that
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 22:12   #32
BHPian

Congratulations Jay! Beautiful looking bike and a nice crisp review! Throughout your quest for a touring motorbike, I couldn't help but notice why you never considered the CBR250R. No, the seating position is not sporty and is purpose made for touring.

I am sure the Mojo is a very dedicated effort by Mahindra. Their seriousness and dedication in constantly improving the product based on customer feedback has made it what it is today. It surely has won accolades from a lot of experienced riders in the fraternity and Mahindra are here to stay. Continuing the same dedication towards after sales service is the need of the hour and I hope Mahindra continue the momentum.

Wishing you very happy miles ahead. Please keep this updated. I am sure there are a lot of eyes watching this.

Another question I couldn't help but ask - why were you chagrined?

Last edited by Added_flavor : 21st October 2015 at 22:27.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 22:35   #33
BHPian

Congratulations mate, hope your selection will not give you trouble. Its nice to see that you gave chance for a newbie Indian two wheelers manufacture to choose a bike which costs 2 lacs.

Last edited by MaxTorque : 21st October 2015 at 22:40.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 23:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Congratulations for getting your Mojo , the bike has very clean contours and is aesthetically beautiful and pleasing to look at in this color. Looking forward to your experience with this machine and if possible do post a video of engine beating here.
White is the best colour they have on the Mojo and to the best of my knowledge, over 50% of the bookings are in white.
I will try and post the engine firing note tomorrow. Now sure how to record the sound while riding though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Congratulations, here is wishing you many many kilometers with your MOJO. The bike looks sweet in white.

I sold my Avenger 220 in May'2015, hoping to jump to the next level 250-400 CC but I am already regretting the decision since I could not find a worthy option as per my needs. Now, Mojo has all my attention, however I will wait for a while for the reviews and user reports to flow in before I take the plunge. Thank you for sharing, I will be closely following this thread!!!

Question - I am 6'1, do you think those office commutes of 30-40 kms per day can be easily done on MOJO in dense traffic?
Sure u can ride it in dense traffic but I don't think you will enjoy it then. Why - the 21 liter tank when full will make the bike a handful for u to handle. Besides, this is not a bike I would enjoy riding in 1st and 2nd gear at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi29 View Post
Congrats Jay on your acquisition, wish you thousands of safe miles ahead. The best things about your review is that it covers all the things that matter on a regular basis. No hi-tech stuff which just feels nice to read but doesn't even get noticed by non-enthusiast junta. May be I am getting too greedy but I would have loved to see a small clip of the much talked about exhaust note too, I feel the sound is an integral part of the riding experience and every non-commuter bike review should have this.

Coming on to the bike, it really feels nice to see the Mojo (after being written off by many due to the delay) getting the attention and great reviews that it deserves. Wish Mahindra doesn't botch up on ASS and takes this as their 'true beginning' in the Indian two wheeler space. I also wish it does decent numbers so that Mahindra keeps its focus on and we see better ecosystem of accessories and customization options as we see for the REs.

Enough has been said already about the polarizing design elements, I just want to add that it looks surprisingly good in white/black combo, certainly better than the all black and red ones.
Will post the audio tune soon. While i too hope Mahindra stays committed to the Mojo and the biking scene,I feel they will build and support the biking scene through various initiatives, thereby making them unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Congrats Jay, now you can smoke others on your tours and leave a trail of dust. Now I know why you have Jaysmokesleaves as your name.

Mojo has definitely rekindled my interest on owning a bike. Earlier I had a Suzuki Samurai and true to its slogan it was a no problem bike.

Looks like Mojo is build to last and offers tereific value for money.

Like others asked the big question is how good or bad is it in bumper to bumper traffic,especially with regard to heat and maneuverability.
I did experience heat near my ankles while riding continuously in bumper to bumper Bombay traffic. Maneuverability is not a problem but don't expect it to be chuck able like a commuter bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
Congrats Jay ... good choice of color. Wishing you many more happy and safe miles crunching the Mojo. Must be a great feeling to possess the first Mojo in the country
Yes. The past few days have been fun. I'm the only one riding the Mojo. Many people didn't even know Mahindra makes bikes, till the saw the Mojo. One mechanic asked me on a signal if this is - the remote control bike - he was referring to the Mahindra Centuro I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
Congratulations Jay, on the wonderful acquisition! The design has come a long way from the time it was first shown at the Auto Expo, and I reckon the white colour complements the frame and swingarm colour well.

One request: Please put up a video of the idling sound if feasible. And, if you're relatively free the day you'd be taking the video, please remove the dB killer and post a before/after video maybe.
Will post audio but won't be removing the db killers. I don't like loud noisy bikes and i won mess wit the stock bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Congrats on the bike and for squeezing yourself into the history of indian biking Wondering, if you tested out the Inazuma and how you would compare the Mojo to that
No I did not test the Inazuma. I rode the Bandit. Nice bike but I dumped the 1 million rupee idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Congratulations Jay! Beautiful looking bike and a nice crisp review! Throughout your quest for a touring motorbike, I couldn't help but notice why you never considered the CBR250R. No, the seating position is not sporty and is purpose made for touring.

I am sure the Mojo is a very dedicated effort by Mahindra. Their seriousness and dedication in constantly improving the product based on customer feedback has made it what it is today. It surely has won accolades from a lot of experienced riders in the fraternity and Mahindra are here to stay. Continuing the same dedication towards after sales service is the need of the hour and I hope Mahindra continue the momentum.

Wishing you very happy miles ahead. Please keep this updated. I am sure there are a lot of eyes watching this.

Another question I couldn't help but ask - why were you chagrined?
I did test ride the Cbr 250. It's got a very sporty riding position that's shoulder heavy. Not to my taste especially for long distance. I forgot to mention I had tested it. I also did not like the engine note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Congratulations mate, hope your selection will not give you trouble. Its nice to see that you gave chance for a newbie Indian two wheelers manufacture to choose a bike which costs 2 lacs.
If the whole world can trust an Indian fatfati (read Enfield - no offence meant to any Enfield riders here), then I can surely trust a homegrown newbie who shows promise and commitment and a 5 year warranty.
I think Indian manufacturers can deliver if they dump the word - chalega!

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 21st October 2015 at 23:34.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 00:51   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and Mahindra has huge potential with a team running in Moto racing as well. I expect to see some power parts flowing in and even a good mid range sports bike in the near future.

Great review and very detailed.

Quote:
Its nice to see that you gave chance for a newbie Indian two wheelers manufacture to choose a bike which costs 2 lacs.
Newbie is such an understatement. Mahindra in FIM is a huge achievement and able to sustain for close to 4 years is another achievement.

I can only see good things coming out in the future from Mahindra.
VW2010 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 09:50   #36
BHPian

Congratulations on the new purchase and being able to be a part of the MOJO history. Wish you many happy miles on the MOJO.
I too completely second your observation on the width of the seat for the pillion. I strongly feel Mahindra should give an option for touring seat if they are serious about making and marketing Mojo as a touring brand. Even KTM has powerparts and options for ergo seats.
This would help Mahindra maintain an upper hand in the market. Or else I see a lot if Mojo owners going to the friendly neighborhood seatwalas to get that extra width by adding extra foam, however that would also result in increased seat height.
Cheers!
schitre05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 10:48   #37
BHPian

Jaysomkesleaves, thanks for the very quick first impressions of Mojo. I had requested a friend of mine to wait before settling for Pulsar 180 just three weeks ago. I am sure he'd be ruing the fact now. That aside, I must say this bike does look the part and looks to last as well. Many people were skeptical if Mahindra would ship them with Pirellis. Great to note they have. Also, I do not understand why the pillion needs to sacrifice their comfort during long tours. Wonderful to know you are the first to be part of "Mojo Tribe". May the Tribe grow in leaps and bounds. Wishing you many happy miles on the White Devil.
theroadrunner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 12:03   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Newbie is such an understatement. Mahindra in FIM is a huge achievement and able to sustain for close to 4 years is another achievement.

I can only see good things coming out in the future from Mahindra.
What I intended by "newbie"is in terms of products. Mahindra 2 wheelers is yet to make a successful (in terms of numbers) product. I am sure Mahindra 2 wheelers have utilized the expertise of Mahindra's auto arm in various steps of launching Mojo. Hopefully Mojo will be a success.
Old 22nd October 2015, 13:32   #39
BHPian

Congratulations on being among the first few buyers of MM Mojo. Happy and safe riding.

Appreciate if you could share the FE and Long term review of MTWL's Post sales service as you enjoy your ride!
TMRT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 13:40   #40

Congratulations Jay! One quick question - How does the Red color of this bike look? Is the frame on the Red one also of Golden color or is it Black? Would you by any chance have any pictures of the Red one? I have seen some pics of a Red and White bike but not sure whether it is the regular retail edition or some special promotional edition.
arundeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 15:32   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundeep View Post
Congratulations Jay! One quick question - How does the Red color of this bike look? Is the frame on the Red one also of Golden color or is it Black? Would you by any chance have any pictures of the Red one? I have seen some pics of a Red and White bike but not sure whether it is the regular retail edition or some special promotional edition.
Let me answer this one. The red colour looks sporty and adds a lot of zing to the bike. It is a good choice for the ones who like bright colours. The two tone look that it gets is nice. And yes, the chassis on it is black. It is basically draped in Mahindra racing colours. I do not have any pics of it sadly though.
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 17:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

Some pics of the red and white Mojo.
It looks very youthful. Mahindra racing colors.

Mahindra Mojo - First bike delivered in India-img20151012wa0005.jpg

Mahindra Mojo - First bike delivered in India-img20151012wa0004.jpg

Mahindra Mojo - First bike delivered in India-img20151012wa0007.jpg

Mahindra Mojo - First bike delivered in India-20151022_152211.jpg
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 17:33   #43
BHPian

Congrats on your new acquisition !
Looks beautiful and elegant in white.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 09:04   #44
BHPian

Mahindra Mojo - First bike delivered in India

Congratulations Jay ... I like the colour. And I'm sure the bike will never disappoint you. I've done over 4000kms on the Mojo in about a months time. And it kept surprising me every time. My first ride on this baby, had absolutely no expectations, and I was completely blow away. Looking forward to meeting you soon. I guess you would be going in for the special Mojo Tribe ride for the initial 100 customers. Do post pics along with the goodies you must have got from Mahindra for being one of the pre launch customers.

Aman's recommendation, got you to be the first owner of the Mojo. He's almost become like the Brand Manager for Mojo.

And trust me anyone who have ridden the Mojo will himself become the Brand Manager. I would say it's an absolute VFM if your looking for a tourer. And Mojo is almost a perfect tourer.

One more thing, try removing the DB Killers from the exhaust, it sounds amazing.

Last edited by swapszone : 23rd October 2015 at 09:10.
swapszone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 10:54   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
I shall start this thread by sharing how I feel - like this -

I will post better pics later.

Thanks for reading.
I was sitting on the other side of the fence and still thinking if I should plonk my money on the Mojo or not. But reading your review, I went ahead and booked my Mojo too - Falcon Red colour. Delivery is expected on 11th Nov from Bhandup.

I was in dilema between ABS and non ABS bike. I was really interested in buying an ABS equipped bike as that can be a life saver. Lets see when the Mojo with ABS is released I might switch over.

I agree to your point of back seat not at all comfortable for the pillion. My wife was against me picking this bike or for that matter even the duke as the pillion seat is really poor. Mahindra should provide an option of better seat.

Frankly let me know if you are able to make the modification to the rear seat as then I can follow it too. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Some pics of the red and white Mojo.
It looks very youthful. Mahindra racing colors.
This is what I have booked

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
Aman's recommendation, got you to be the first owner of the Mojo. He's almost become like the Brand Manager for Mojo.

One more thing, try removing the DB Killers from the exhaust, it sounds amazing.
I agree to both your points that the DB killers should be removed and also the person owning the Mojo will be its brand manager. By the way can Aman provide me a recommendation too so that I can get tbe bile allocated earlier?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd October 2015 at 11:24. Reason: merging back to back posts
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks