Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2015, 11:43   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Mojo - First bike delivered in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
I did not understand what you meant about the alloy rims , wiring etc.
Mate first off all thanks for sharing your feedback about my queries. My bad by allow rims I meant alloy wheels. How sturdy are they considering Mahindra is marketing the motorcycle as a tourer. Although not related to his motorcycle we saw some cases of alloy wheels cracking in KTM Duke 390's. The alloy wheels have an eerie resemblance to the Pulsar AS200. By wiring I meant is there any exposed wiring hanging loose or not covered with plastic sheath. In short are they tucked in properly and secured with a good quality plastic sheath.

Quote:
I dont know what O2 sensor closed/open loop system is. Please enlighten me about this. Im not sure about the efi system either.
Mate your Mojo comes equipped with Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI). Now usually EFi equipped motorcycles comes with an O2 sensor which is attached near the exhaust bend pipe (amansanac mate can you confirm this as I couldn't see it in the pics). An EFi system works either on a closed loop or an open loop system. Closed loop is where the air/fuel mixture is mapped dynamically depending on the conditions. Open loop is where the air/fuel mixture runs on a set of pre-tuned mappings. Mostly EFi with O2 sensor motorcycles come with closed loop mappings. There is more complexity to it but I have kept it short. Are you planning to change the RVM's for better visibility?

Last edited by navin_v8 : 23rd October 2015 at 11:45.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
Aman's recommendation, got you to be the first owner of the Mojo. He's almost become like the Brand Manager for Mojo.

One more thing, try removing the DB Killers from the exhaust, it sounds amazing.
Thank you. I have recommended the bike to loads of people and many have booked the bike and awaiting delivery.

Removing the DB killers does make the sound amazing but the constant drone at higher speeds while touring gets a bit annoying. Even with DB killers, the sound is great. All it takes to move people away is a couple of downshifts and a blip of the throttle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
I was sitting on the other side of the fence and still thinking if I should plonk my money on the Mojo or not. But reading your review, I went ahead and booked my Mojo too - Falcon Red colour. Delivery is expected on 11th Nov from Bhandup.

I agree to both your points that the DB killers should be removed and also the person owning the Mojo will be its brand manager. By the way can Aman provide me a recommendation too so that I can get tbe bile allocated earlier?
Congrats on the booking Kailash. Aman is right here and no I didn't give any recommendation for getting Jay's bike early

Having ridden the bike extensively much before others, I told him that it is the bike for you. Later on, I told him about test rides being available before launch and we immediately went to check out the bike. He rode the bike for 2 minutes and was sold. He did a longer test ride immediately (ATM trip ) and made the booking then and there. That's how he got the bike early.

I guess now with initial lot of bikes sold out, new lot will take some time to reach dealerships. Nevertheless, try convincing the Mojo manager at the showroom for an early delivery. No finance and full payment upfront will help get it early. All the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Mate your Mojo comes equipped with Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI). Now usually EFi equipped motorcycles comes with an O2 sensor which is attached near the exhaust bend pipe (amansanc mate can you confirm this as I couldn't see it in the pics).
Sorry mate. I am not so technically inclined and didn't check the same.

Last edited by amansanc : 23rd October 2015 at 13:34.
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 11:39   #48
BHPian

Great review!

I have been riding a Thunderbird for past 8 years and done don't-know-how-many-rides. Its been a trustworthy companion, however with frequent maintenance trips to local mechanic. It has taught me lot of automobile engineering. In fact my four wheeler (a Tata) has also helped me learn lot of nuances. Not that I am complaining :-), However as time progresses, one tends to get busier in life and sometimes you want a vehicle which you would start and go without worrying about:
  • Oil leaks
  • Clutch wire snapping fear
  • Engine over heating
  • ...and many more

Plus I get a royal body massage from my bull's vibrations. Again not that I am complaining. It has never left me stranded mostly because of lot of preventive maintenance. The operating word is LOT.

Although I can see lot of grey hair peeking now and I approach the life-starts-at-40 age, was wondering whether Mojo can be a cruiser and also a city commute bike. The biker inside me refuses to die! No, I never cared much about fuel efficiency. As they say when you keep an elephant you don't care how much it eats. And no I have no plans to sell my Thunderbird, period. Rather have another supremely reliable bike in garage.

Also, was thinking can a saddle bag be put easily on the rear seat. With Thunderbird's flat rear seat and backrest this is a piece of cake. The ease of putting a saddle bag is so essential for long rides.

The disjointed post reflects the disjointed state of my mind

Last edited by ambujlal : 24th October 2015 at 12:04. Reason: added a question.
ambujlal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 14:10   #49

I happenned to come across a video on Youtube where the exhaust note minus the DB killers was recorded, and oh my god! That exhaust note is sweet! Does anybody know how the DB killers can be removed? Will the authorised service center guys do it or will it have to be done outside? Will it have any impact on the warranty?
arundeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 14:40   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
was wondering whether Mojo can be a cruiser and also a city commute bike.
The Mojo is an extremely capable city bike which can also be taken out for long rides. Another supremely capable bike is the Inazuma
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 14:42   #51
BHPian

Congrats on the bike, ride miles and ride safe. Do update the thread with your adventures with the bike.
I see a lot of positive things about the bike compared to my TBTS 500. Hope Mahindra lives up to the promises and deliver a clean, reliable, Indian biking experience, that you can enjoy with your eyes closed. Enjoy your ride mate.
Old 24th October 2015, 15:07   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundeep View Post
I happenned to come across a video on Youtube where the exhaust note minus the DB killers was recorded, and oh my god! That exhaust note is sweet! Does anybody know how the DB killers can be removed? Will the authorised service center guys do it or will it have to be done outside? Will it have any impact on the warranty?
Removing the DB killers is very easy and is a 5 minute DIY. You just need an allen key to remove the nut under the DB killer. That's it. And yes, Mahindra service centre guys will do it without the warranty being affected. After all they gave free flow silencers as stock for a reason
Old 24th October 2015, 21:09   #53

I took a test ride of Mojo today. It is a wonderful bike. The person from Mahindra accompanied me as a pillion. I was a little apprehensive first and reluctantly started out. However, bike felt very manageable and I actually enjoyed this short ride.
I asked CRM about a device which was connected on the exhaust bend just behind front mudgard , he said that it was O2 sensor. He mentioned that there are total 7 sensors used in Mojo. One of them is tilt sensor which shuts off the bike if the lean angle is greater than 17 degree.
ShashankM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 22:30   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShashankM View Post
One of them is tilt sensor which shuts off the bike if the lean angle is greater than 17 degree.
The Mojo does have a lean sensor but it shuts off the bike when the lean angle is greater than 45 degrees.
Old 25th October 2015, 00:13   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
The Mojo does have a lean sensor but it shuts off the bike when the lean angle is greater than 45 degrees.
Thank you amansanc for correction.

Congratulations! Jaysmokesleaves. Mojo is definitely a very good choice. I hope Exclusive Services for Mojo will go a long way to ensure that your money was well spent.
Old 25th October 2015, 07:06   #56
BHPian

Dropped in to enquire on the mojo here in Hyd but the dealer had no idea when it will be available here. Any idea about the launch in the other cities anybody ?
Old 25th October 2015, 08:04   #57
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Jay..Drive safe !
Are you driving her to Pune as well in near future ?
Rahulk76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 11:40   #58
BHPian

Congratulations jaysmokesleaves,

Wishing you a very happy, peaceful and trouble free ownership experience, with the 5 year warranty that Mahindra has given, my wishes will stand true.

Your ride will be very unique on roads among the Pulsars, Dukes and Enfields.
Kudos to our desi brand, the only desi brand to manufacture 4 wheelers and 2 wheelers
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 11:59   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I shall start this thread by sharing how I feel - like this -
Many congratulations on the bike. I feel like the majority of your requirements match mine, and I think this is the bike that will be my upgrade, but not immediately. I currently own an early 2005 Pulsar 180 dtsi

Quote:
Gears: 6-speed transmission - gear slotting is crisp and I have not experience any false neutrals yet. I'm unsure if I can do clutchless gearshifts (after second gear onwards) on this bike, so I won't be trying it until the Mahindra guys confirm its safe to do so. My old Pulsar 180 worked like a charm with clutchless gear shifting, however, a Karizma that I rode for a short while, developed gearbox issues. So, no experiments will be done by me on this bike.
I don't think it is a good idea shifting gears without using the clutch. I've only done that one super cold winter morning in Delhi (2ish in the morning) when I had forgotten my gloves and had to drive to Dwarka (then without any of the connecting flyovers). The gearbox may be built tougher than usual, but eventually it will experience some damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
One more thing, try removing the DB Killers from the exhaust, it sounds amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
I agree to both your points that the DB killers should be removed and also the person owning the Mojo will be its brand manager.
I disagree that the db killers should be removed. To what point, if it already sounds good? I dislike the racket people create just to get noticed when it adds very little performance or functional benefit, and frankly causes a lot of irritation to anyone in the vicinity. It is also illegal to modify the bike to exceed the sound emission norms, which are in my opinion as important as the other pollution norms.
VeluM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 14:39   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

I disagree that the db killers should be removed. To what point, if it already sounds good? I dislike the racket people create just to get noticed when it adds very little performance or functional benefit, and frankly causes a lot of irritation to anyone in the vicinity. It is also illegal to modify the bike to exceed the sound emission norms, which are in my opinion as important as the other pollution norms.
+1 to that. No more idiots causing unnecessary noise pollution please. Wish the sound emission norms were more strictly enforced in the cities.

The mojo is an excellent proposition and I believe Mahindra has a winner on their hands. Not a fan of the front though. Great bike nevertheless.
vroomsome is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed