Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2015, 21:04   #16
BHPian

Re: Heckled & insulted at an incompetent Honda 2-wheeler dealership (Fahrenheit Honda, Faridabad)

OT: I had a look at 2 cbr250's parked on the road today and the cylinder and head were the same colour. Why is there such a colour variation between the head and cylinder on your bike?
Engine piston being jammed is lust a load of bull. Looks like they were clueless and wanted to open up the motor or swap parts(speculation).
Regarding the brake, was it the MC piston or the caliper piston? Hard to believe it wore out in just 4yrs. There was probably just some sludge lodged in the MC piston.
I feel they are just going to milk you. They surely wont get the bike running right. I would suggest writing to honda and waiting for a response. Or get the bike out of there and go to a reputed FNG. Ofcourse they may try ripping you off saying honda dealer did this and honda did that and this and that may need to be replaced. Tread with caution!

Cheers!
james is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 16:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Heckled, Insulted at the Honda 2wheeler dealership by GM(Fahrenheit Honda, Faridabad, NCR), CBR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
aargee, I disagree
Please, feel free to disagree; what you've stated is your experience, what I stated is my experience

People differ & hence the attitude & hence the approach to problems.

For instance, if they switch off the light, I would simply tell them to switch on the lights as I'm old & have night blindness & I might write a cheque for Rs 100 instead of Rs 100000; infact this happened at Sairam Motors when we went to book Alpha. They laughed & switched ON the lights.

And there're much more things that I cannot & will not disclose on public forums as how things work "out of the way"

Last edited by aargee : 16th November 2015 at 16:48.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 17:19   #18
BHPian

Re: Heckled, Insulted at the Honda 2wheeler dealership by GM(Fahrenheit Honda, Faridabad, NCR), CBR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
For instance, if they switch off the light, I would simply tell them to switch on the lights as I'm old & have night blindness & I might write a cheque for Rs 100 instead of Rs 100000; infact this happened at Sairam Motors when we went to book Alpha. They laughed & switched ON the lights.
Excuse the slightly off-topic input below.
Sorry to barge in on this, BUT, why exactly are we supposed to be so eager to overlook such clear faux pas on part of these "dealership/service" behaviors?

Don't get me wrong, what you saying "works" very well. No doubt about that.

Are we not dealing with them professionally?
I hate the co-operate-with-mediocrity, put-up-with-whatever-they-throw-at-us-&-don't-raise-voice stand, just with the hope that things go smooth in our case.

That's not how things are supposed to work, right?
They are not doing us a favor by have a service station, are they?
If they are in it, as a business, it's very justified to expect a professional dealing.

I am asking these questions, to which everyone knows the answer.
"Aisahi chalta hai.." (translated - This is the way it is!..)

(Pardon the dig, but are all these dealers learning high-handed business ethics from certain_sweet_shop (Pune) ? )
--
To sid1509,

Have you escalated / emailed the account to customer care, yet?
You did lose your temper while dealing with them. That's a slight downside to your argument, to be fair. (which you have stated already)
You should have 'ideally' kept your calm & channeled your disappointment through email/formal complaint - IMHO.

I will definitely suggest, don't be so hard on yourself.
Do NOT take this personally. You did follow up fairly patiently, until, it got too hot to handle.

I am sorry for the frustration/trouble you had to go through.
I wish there could be a clear go-to-escalation in such cases.
But, there isn't.

One thing that works (in my experience), is being completely objective & formal in dealing in such already_escalated cases.
Be absolutely professional & keep a firm but polite tone, at all times.

Stay strong,

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 16th November 2015 at 17:38.
driverace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 17:50   #19
BHPian

Re: Heckled & insulted at an incompetent Honda 2-wheeler dealership (Fahrenheit Honda, Faridabad)

The situation about automobile manufacturers and dealerships is pathetic - Manufactures fooling buyers and dealerships looting people.

I sold my Honda bike just because I was no longer able to get proper service. I was not happy and even my bike was not happy! The auto-geared scooter I bought never saw the service center - I myself am taking care of it!

Similar is the case of four wheeler - If you are not present when the service is getting done, things are pathetic!

I remember some of the parts of my bike getting replaced by a famous honda dealership in kochi - this was when the owner of the dealership was friend of mine and I did not inform him that my bike will be there! Finally I had to pull him in to get my mirrors back! Forget the numerous scratches here and there after a service, at least the parts should be yours!

Arrogant little brats with no knowledge but just sweet talks and sales pitch!Waiting for an 'Acha Din' from dealerships and service centers!
Sedate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 18:39   #20
BHPian

Quote:
To sid1509,

Have you escalated / emailed the account to customer care, yet?
You did lose your temper while dealing with them. That's a slight downside to your argument, to be fair. (which you have stated already)
You should have 'ideally' kept your calm & channeled your disappointment through email/formal complaint - IMHO.

I will definitely suggest, don't be so hard on yourself.
Do NOT take this personally. You did follow up fairly patiently, until, it got too hot to handle.

I am sorry for the frustration/trouble you had to go through.
I wish there could be a clear go-to-escalation in such cases.
But, there isn't.

One thing that works (in my experience), is being completely objective & formal in dealing in such already_escalated cases.
Be absolutely professional & keep a firm but polite tone, at all times.

Stay strong,

Ace.
First and foremost, thank you everyone for reading through my detailed post and sharing your response.

As next steps, I had on Diwali day, Wednesday, 11th Nov - same day as I had posted on Team-bhp, also sent the email to customercare@honda2wheelersindia.com and also on their FB page. I got an acknowledgement on Thursday, 12th Nov from a person by the name "Shanta Kamra", Customer Relations saying that they are looking into the matter. I did not get any update from Honda till Saturday and sent them another reminder against which ticket number Q338068 has been registered with them. Last update I got via SMS from them was they are looking into the matter and will revert.

I assume that due to extended weekend, not much would have happened between Diwali and Sunday gone by. I will wait for a revert by coming Wednesday and if I still don't get a satisfactory reply/dialog with Honda customer care, will be reaching out to CEO of Honda India Mr. Katsushi Inoue's office and will send the whole experience, including with customer support to the Honda worldwide CEO Mr. Takahiro Hachigo's office for reference.

Once again, thank you all for your comments/appreciation and feedback on my experience. I read one of you saying that I should have remained calm; trust me, 6 visits to the center after putting everything important on back burner, utter rubbish answers being meted out to you by non-knowledgable people and finally the substandard worksmanship and state of your carefully kept machine, takes its toll on your wisdom and I was guilty of losing my poise. Even when cussing, I was cussing the machine and its state and not any individual. No excuses but the harassment at the hands of the dealership took its toll on my better self.

My facebook post hasn't been made visible on their webpage; moderators have to approve before anything goes up. I sincerely hope someone took a note of it and also forwarded it internally for action.

Regards
Sid

Last edited by bblost : 22nd November 2015 at 01:24. Reason: fixed quote tags.
Old 16th November 2015, 21:47   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
will be reaching out to CEO of Honda India Mr. Katsushi Inoue's office and will send the whole experience, including with customer support to the Honda worldwide CEO Mr. Takahiro Hachigo's office for reference.
Please go-ahead , You are going to hear back only when you escalate this to Japanese guys - send mail to CEO desk - India as well their Group at Japan . This is from my personal experience with Lexus Canada .

Last edited by Turbanator : 16th November 2015 at 21:49.
Old 17th November 2015, 11:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Excuse the slightly off-topic input below.
Sorry to barge in on this, BUT, why exactly are we supposed to be so eager to overlook such clear faux pas on part of these "dealership/service" behaviors?

Don't get me wrong, what you saying "works" very well. No doubt about that.

Are we not dealing with them professionally?
I hate the co-operate-with-mediocrity, put-up-with-whatever-they-throw-at-us-&-don't-raise-voice stand, just with the hope that things go smooth in our case.

That's not how things are supposed to work, right?
They are not doing us a favor by have a service station, are they?
If they are in it, as a business, it's very justified to expect a professional dealing.

I am asking these questions, to which everyone knows the answer.
"Aisahi chalta hai.." (translated - This is the way it is!..)

(Pardon the dig, but are all these dealers learning high-handed business ethics from certain_sweet_shop (Pune) ? )
--
No apologies required for exchanging our views; professionally huh? In 2013, I was at Parsipanny, NJ visiting a Honda + Yamaha showroom; that was a customer concentric country & the way I was treated was nearly the same as anywhere in India, including the knowledge the chief mechanic exhibited for CPR 250R, I felt even a non owner here who went through my FAQs was in better position than him. Same was the case at Peoria, IL in 2011 at another motorcycle store. Professionalism is considered as being black & white, we call it blunt here that's all

Over the years, I learned, its better to stay calm & ask for what needs to be done rather than DEMANDING to do what is required. Less BP, less tension, better output, after all, our COVERments are mediocre & so will be the citizens, may be exceptions like you & few others here, but the majority are on the other side.

Again, I'm not saying "chaltha hai", saying, "chahiye" in more polite form, if they refuse, walk away to find out a better one or try to find what best can be done in that situation. We refuse to walk away to find a different dealer/ASC because its difficult to do so (keeping our ego aside for now) & try finding easier methods of trying to bring down the other party to knees

Once again, your views are different than mine, you've no obligation to agree with me; life teaches everyone different lessons & what we discuss here may or may not work at all places, but from my experience, I've observed people go out of the way to help when dealt personally rather than professionally - soft egg hardens & hard carrots soften when boiled, question is what we choose to be

Last edited by aargee : 17th November 2015 at 11:38.
aargee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 13:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
soft egg hardens & hard carrots soften when boiled, question is what we choose to be
Epic

I know my post wont add any value here and mods if you deem this post useless please delete it, but I think you have a point.

I see people have become very impatient these days and the ego is at a all time high, Eg; yesterday I was at the super market, there was a lady getting her groceries billed, the shop guy asked if she has a consumer card and she said yes and said she is not carrying it and she said search with my name, this guy said if searching with the name was possible why would we give a consumer card, the whole thing escalated and the lady left fuming, I was next in line, I asked him if the details can be searched using a mobile number, he said its possible, I smiled and I got my stuff billed.

Point is we always have choices, in the case of OP choices were limited, but if he thought the whole issue was going out of hand, he should have politely asked them to stop the work and should have escalated the matter to Honda immediately without further adieu.

I own a Mitsubishi, the last of the surviving service centres are without doubt pathetic, there was a missing issue at a particular RPM, they could not diagnose, they once asked me to pay 1800 for diagnostic charges, for that I politely asked them what did they diagnose, they said there was no issue, I took the SA for a drive and there was that issue, I spoke to the workshop manager and he not only waived off the 1800 charged for connecting their machine he also suggested me to take the care to some good independent garage, fortunately or unfortunately the car died one day and it was towed to a nearby workshop, they found the fuel pump relay to be faulty 1200 Rs later the car never had that issue again.

I occasionally see the SA who charged me 1800 for diagnostics, outside in convenience stores and shops, thankfully my first reaction is not to pull my gun out to shoot his head.

OP: Please send a mail to the Honda customer care, then send a follow-up in 2 days, if they still don't respond, inform them politely that you are seeking legal options, if they still don't respond send them a legal notice, if they still don't respond you can take this case to consumer court and seek justice.

Unfortunately you have already expired the sweet window of mutual favours and the service center has completely lost the chance to give you a delighter, what you might get now is a compromise.

I personally don't feel you deserve a compromise and I know you wont e satisfied by one, What I feel you should get is, the best possible outcome since your machines are more than machines to you, this is the only place where people will understand the true meaning of that statement.

Go legal on them. That's the only option which will get you the justice you deserve.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 17th November 2015 at 13:22.
pramodkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 12:47   #24
BHPian

Latest update - NO REVERT from Honda 2 Wheelers India on any of the follow-up requests via email, website or from their call center. I have had 2 discussions with their call center, 2 follow-up emails and another post on their website and FB page but zero revert.

Pathetic attitude and service mindset for a company this size.

Taking up the issue with their Worldwide CEO's office as their India office is useless to say the least.

Never buying anything with Honda written on it from hereon.

Regards
Sid
Old 20th November 2015, 19:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid1509 View Post
Taking up the issue with their Worldwide CEO's office as their India office is useless to say the least
I'm posting this out of my heart & against my brain...

There're 2 choices you have...
1. Fight & continue the rage with Honda
2. Move on & love the bike you have

For #1 - Please keep doing what you're doing, best way, no doubt

For #2 - Just depart as friends with the existing HMSI dealer, take out your CBR out of the ASC & move on with some other good, yet reputed dealer & start enjoying your motorcycle & life

You post to CEO, CEO will forward the email to India VP & he forwards to regional manager & he inturn will forward to regional technician who will inturn ask the respective dealer to take care. If the dealer accepts his mistake, the HMSI technician will apologize on behalf of Honda & call for you. Good luck

Last edited by aargee : 20th November 2015 at 19:04.
Old 20th November 2015, 21:37   #26
BHPian

Let me jot down my part on this. We wanted to buy a brand new cbr250 here in Delhi. We were carrying all the money in cash so there was no doubt that we were just planning to buy instead we were very sure and were ready to pick the bike up the same day.

We had to stand there for 45 mins unattended. Finally an SA came and started explaining us the details of the bike.

We told him that we want to buy the bike at the earliest and asked for a test ride. He straight away said NO! How can someone buy a vehicle without a test ride/drive ?

That was it, two hours later we picked up the Duke 200.

We are very happy with the decision and the KTM fellows at the service centre have been extremely helpful and courteous.

Last edited by aditya.bhardwaj : 20th November 2015 at 21:38.
Old 22nd March 2016, 10:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid1509 View Post
First and foremost, thank you everyone for reading through my detailed post and sharing your response.

As next steps, I had on Diwali day, Wednesday, 11th Nov - same day as I had posted on Team-bhp, also sent the email to customercare@honda2wheelersindia.com and also on their FB page. I got an acknowledgement on Thursday, 12th Nov from a person by the name "Shanta Kamra", ..
Last update I got via SMS from them was they are looking into the matter and will revert.

My facebook post hasn't been made visible on their webpage; moderators have to approve before anything goes up. I sincerely hope someone took a note of it and also forwarded it internally for action.

Regards
Sid
Sid,

What happened after this?
Did they get in touch with you?

Hope the bike is fine & you have resolved the issues faced.

A little update, please.

Thanks,

Ace.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks