Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2015, 13:00   #1
Team-BHP Support

Rumour: Hero developing 3 new bikes with Engines Engineering

Hero MotoCorp is rumoured to be working on three new motorcycles. The company is taking inputs from Italian motorcycle designing firm, Engines Engineering S.r.l. to develop these bikes.

The three motorcycles that are being developed are reported to have been codenamed AABA, AANF and AAZA. Two of the bikes have 150 - 160cc engines. One of them is reported to be naked, while the other is faired. The third bike is believed to be a replacement for the recently-discontinued Karizma. It is expected to come with a reworked version of the 223cc single-cylinder engine (which powered the company's old flagship) or a new 200cc unit.

Hero has also been developing the HX250R, which was displayed at the 2014 Auto Expo. Eric Buell Racing (EBR), the company's US-based technical partner, was working on the motorcycle. However, EBR filed for bankruptcy and the development of the bike was halted. Hero is now working on the bike in India. It is expected to be launched in 2016.

Source: Gaadiwaadi
Aditya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 13:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Hero developing 3 new bikes with Engines Engineering

While taking inputs on the engine from an Italian firm; someone please ask Hero to seek the same Italians for some inputs on tasteful design.

I hope the bikes have all new engines. The competition has stepped up. 2-valved, carburetted, air-cooled bikes are not going to cut it in my opinion. Step up the technology, have something to boast about apart from new sticker jobs.

I hope the same 150cc mills from the erstwhile Hero Honda era are not re-used again. How much more longer will Hero milk those engines? Same goes for the Karizma's engines as well.

Those engines are more than a decade old. Surely there have been advancements since.

Shortcomings I have noticed in Hero bikes:

1) 18" tyres - Very low aftermarket support
2) Weak brakes
3) AC headlights
4) Fit and finish
5) No engine-kill switch - I know. Not a must have. A nice-to-have
6) Heavy

Hero needs to sort out the above issues if they are really serious about their renaissance in the performance/premium-commuter segment. The design also needs to be spot on. No quirky, bulbous, bloated designs.

The 150cc bikes that will compete with the FZ, Pulsar, Gixxer etc. should and must come with (at least) one of these three along with a counter balancer to aid in refinement:
1) 4-valves
2) Fuel injection
3) Liquid Cooling

Sure, the Gixxer has been a huge hit without any of the above three features. But, Hero really needs a shot in the arm to get moving.

I am hoping the flagship is called the Karizma. I do not want people to remember Karizma as the bike that looked ugly and was killed off. The bike deserves a better legacy.

While for the new flagship, which. All the above three combined with a perimeter frame is vital in my opinion.

Again, views of an enthusiast. The market demand might warrant different needs and requirements.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 15:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hero MotoCorp is rumoured to be working on three new motorcycles. The company is taking inputs from Italian motorcycle designing firm, Engines Engineering S.r.l. to develop these bikes.
Engines Engineering is owned by our very own Mahindra & Mahindra.

http://www.mahindra.com/news-room/pr...ase/1294142678
Old 30th December 2015, 20:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Engines Engineering is owned by our very own Mahindra & Mahindra.

http://www.mahindra.com/news-room/pr...ase/1294142678
I thought MM had divested their entire stake (back to the original promoter/ owner) in EE.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 14:55   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
I thought MM had divested their entire stake (back to the original promoter/ owner) in EE.
Indeed! Mahindra sold off their stake in 2012. They no longer own the company.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 21:01   #6
BHPian

This news came as a shoulder for me to cry for the demise of the Karizma !

Obviously this is going to take lot of time but seriously hope that Hero learns from their mistakes and give proper attention to the performance segment.

See what Maruti is doing even though its has the biggest market share in the car market. Turbo petrol engines, AMTs, bigger diesels, Safety features. They are bringing in all the latest to their models. They are not being complacent.

Same needs to be done in the two wheeler market by the market leader.
Old 3rd January 2016, 17:34   #7
BHPian

Been waiting for Hero to introduce a new range based on news for over 2 years now I think, was crushed when I read about EBR going under. My first bike was a Hero and I'll pick one up in a heartbeat, if they ever go from news articles to reality that is.
Old 3rd January 2016, 19:15   #8
BANNED

I suggest they plan for Euro-VI as well. It is almost certain for 2020 (if not 2019)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks