Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2016, 15:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options

Thank you for the preview guyz.
I must admit, RE has done well with the blue and red electra and the graphite standard 500.
I am not so sure they have done much favours to the classic with these muted, 'strange', 'neither here not there' kind of colours.
Time will tell, how the sales of the new colours pan out in the coming months.
Cheerio.
Old 5th January 2016, 15:46   #17
BHPian

Thanks a ton Tushar for giving us the sneak peek at the new shades which looks stunning in my opinion.

On the other hand, I still do not understand why we do not get the Battle Green edition of bullet made available in India? Is it true that this is due to the fact that our army uses this color and hence the issue?

Cheers!
Old 5th January 2016, 17:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Thank you to the Team-BHP fan who sent these pictures in (he prefers to remain anonymous). Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts!
Thanks to the good souls for sharing these
Athena grey definitely reminds me of the old CI500. Electra 500 is droolworthy andwould certainly have a good number of buyers I feel. Any updates on the Himalayan (timeline/release date etc)?
Old 5th January 2016, 18:42   #19
BHPian

When we took delivery of the classic chrome maroon thumper on the 21st of DEC the dealer said that color was discontinued and new ones were in the pipe line
Old 5th January 2016, 22:56   #20
BHPian

The Maroon was available earlier and used to be called Riviera Red

Regarding the Chrome tanks, what happens when there is a fall and some damage, will the dealers be able to replicate the chrome on it?
Old 6th January 2016, 11:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Sai Krishna has shared a few more pictures of the new Marshal Green / Mint and Chestnut Red shades.

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-img_20160105_165104_hdr.jpg

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-img_20160105_165138_hdr.jpg

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-img_20160105_165118_hdr.jpg

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-img_20160105_165127_hdr.jpg
Tushar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 11:33   #22
BHPian

I loved the chestnut in the leaked images but in the stock yard picture the tan seats look awful! just not the right shade to go with the chestnut colour imo. There is also a Thunderbird Asphalt colour, pic attached below-
Attached Thumbnails
Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-tbasphalt.jpg  

zee_bat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 12:13   #23
BHPian

The chestnut red looks really cool, planning to shift my booking to this colour.

I already had a discussion with the sales person and he informed that they have only received vehicles for display and when the next lot is available they are not sure. Just keeping my fingers crossed.

@P.S. I think they have also launched a new colour for TB 350 not sure about TB 500 though.
Old 6th January 2016, 17:04   #24
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
Thanks a ton Tushar for giving us the sneak peek at the new shades which looks stunning in my opinion.

On the other hand, I still do not understand why we do not get the Battle Green edition of bullet made available in India? Is it true that this is due to the fact that our army uses this color and hence the issue?

Cheers!
That is indeed because of the motor vehicles act.
Attaching a screenshot from the Motor Vehicles Act.
Attached Images

A M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 21:38   #25
BHPian

Attaching some actual live pics of Chrome Green color on the Classic 500. I have booked this bike and will be getting delivery by end of January

I have also shot a video on mobile, which should give better idea of the color. Ignore my son who is already over enthusiastic about this bike

Attached Thumbnails
Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-side-view.jpg  

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-fuel-tank.jpg  

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-front-view.jpg  

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-battery-compartment-classic-500-logo.jpg  

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-new-seat-color.jpg  

charansuki is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 09:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

IMO Royal Enfield should look at providing bright candy colors for the Thunderbird. A cruiser looks best in loud candy colors like bright red, bright yellow, blue or lime greens. Most international cruisers have had livery in such shades, there is no point in sticking to boring blacks, blues or grays for this kind of a youth oriented bike.
Old 7th January 2016, 23:36   #27
BHPian

The website has been updated with the new colour options.
RAINMAKER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 11:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

While many of us will appreciate the wide range of classic color schemes Royal Enfield is bringing out.

Do they have any plans on the engineering side for some new products?
How about a Vtwin to really up their game?
A real mile crunching tourer not just with extra bags and new decals but an extra cylinder/more cc/torque/bhp?

This is the same old wine rebottled over and over again.
Old 8th January 2016, 11:36   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
While many of us will appreciate the wide range of classic color schemes Royal Enfield is bringing out.

A real mile crunching tourer not just with extra bags and new decals but an extra cylinder/more cc/torque/bhp?

I guess the RE Himalayan is coming up with a 410 cc (rumoured) engine. This is an entirely a ground up built, new engine as the rumours claim and the launch is pretty close.

Maybe they are concentrating on single cylinders and their improvements rather than a twin which in-fact is also rumoured as 750 in the near future.

As for the torque or more cc I don't think the current lineup needs any change or modifications as the engines are tuned well.
Old 8th January 2016, 12:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
The acquisition of Harris Performance engineering company UK and hiring of ex Ducati designer Pierre Terblanche and the movement of Sid Lal to the UK shows some signs of engineering changes. Also RE will be introducing an OHC 410cc engine on their Himalayan from what we have seen and heard so far.
Quote:
Mate introducing a new engine platform requires quite a bit of R&D and resources. Vtwin I am not sure but there were rumoured images of a parallel twin engine on a CGT. RE sales registers are currently overflowing with huge orders for their current line up of motorcycles. So sales going down and revenues are least of their worry. But with Sid Lal at the helm I feel something good coming out. Case in point the RE Himalayan.
Quote:
Many riders in India are just waking up to 2 lakh rupee motorcycles which is a small fraction but growing at a rapid pace. The 2 lakh rupee category is where one can find performance single cylinder motorcycles. Twin cylinders will cost more than 3 lakhs which many will not be comfortable with. RE has taken some serious steps with RE Himalayan as an ADV tourer with all the underpinnings of an ADV tourer. All new OHC engine, pannier mounts, MID cluster, 27-28 BHP with 30-35 NM torque, mono shock, etc. all these together are a first for RE. The price is also expected to be around 2 lakhs which is a sweet spot for RE and many budding riders.

Quote:
The basic point is it is still selling and by selling I mean selling in huge numbers, month on month, quarter on quarter and year on year. In fact it is great to see RE changing colours on their motorcycles frequently and tastefully to keep their sales ringing and keep the buyers engaged to their products. RE had faced a massive backlash from the rider community when it brought out the Electra with 5 speed with left side gearing model and thereafter the Tbird with an aluminium AVL engine. There was initial resistance when they launched the UCE but the results were for all to see. If you see the time gap between launching different engines you will notice that RE takes it slow and steady. This time around too they are taking it slow and steady.

Most Viewed