Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2016, 12:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options

Thank you to the Team-BHP fan who sent these pictures in (he prefers to remain anonymous). Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts!

It looks like Royal Enfield's model line-up could get updated with new colour options. It is likely that these colours will be offered as updates for the 2016 model year.

For the 350cc range, the Electra 350 (currently offered in 'Red', 'Black' and 'Silver') is expected to get two new colours - 'Meridian Blue' and 'Marsala Red' (lighter shade of red than the current model). In both cases, the fuel tank, side boxes / panels and headlamp casing will feature the new paint job, with the rest of the components featuring a chrome finish like the current model. The seat is also expected to get a new Rexine cover.

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-1.jpg

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-2.jpg

The Classic 350 (currently offered in 'Lagoon Blue', 'Ash', 'Black', 'Silver' and 'Maroon') will also get two new colours - 'Chestnut Red' and 'Marshal Green'. Here, the mudguards, fuel tank and side boxes / panels feature the new paint shades, with the headlamp casing and front suspension cover tube finished in black. The Chestnut Red shade also gets a tan seat cover.

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-3.jpg

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-4.jpg

Royal Enfield's Classic 500, Classic Chrome 500 and Bullet 500 also get updates. The Classic Chrome (currently offered in 'Classic Black' and 'Royal Maroon') is expected to get two new shades - 'Athena Grey' and 'Forest Green'. Here, the fuel tank, headlamp casing, front suspension cover tube, side boxes / panels are finished in the new paint shades, with new stickers featured on the mudguards.

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-5.jpg

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-6.jpg

The Classic 500 (currently offered in 'Classic Black', 'Classic Tan' and 'Classic Silver') is expected to get a new 'Squadron Blue' shade, with the paint job covering the fuel tank, headlamp casing, side boxes / panels, front suspension cover tube, mudguards, the frame, swing-arm and engine mounting brackets. The graphics on the body will be shared with the Classic Desert Storm 500.

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-7.jpg

Finally, the Bullet 500 (currently offered in 'Forest Green' and 'Black'), is expected to be offered in 'Athena Grey' with the paint shade covering the fuel tank, headlamp casing, side boxes / panels, front suspension cover tube and mudguards. The seat is also expected to get a new Rexine cover.

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-8.jpg

It remains to be seen when these bikes will be offered in these updated colours and it will also be interesting to see if all of them are offered in India or if some will be exclusive to export markets.

Last edited by Tushar : 4th January 2016 at 12:43.
Tushar is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 12:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options

Bookings will be open soon, this month for the new colors from what I know.

I also read somewhere from a news clip on my android that RE will also be launching the Electra 500.
Will look the same as the Electra 350 selling now except for a 500cc engine. I think it is with a carb as well.
Not sure how far this is true.

Last edited by tharian : 4th January 2016 at 12:48.
tharian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 12:57   #3
BHPian

re: Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Bookings will be open soon, this month for the new colors from what I know.

I also read somewhere from a news clip on my android that RE will also be launching the Electra 500.
Will look the same as the Electra 350 selling now except for a 500cc engine. I think it is with a carb as well.
Not sure how far this is true.
Thats great news if its true. The Electra is the most underrated Enfield of the lot yet it looks so classy without being dramatic, also it has all the bells and whistles like disc brake, electric start, chrome mudguards, comfortable seat etc.

The 500cc Electra would surely make sense to those buyers who don't like the classic theme or the "desi" standard theme. Electra is simple yet elegant, and now more appealing because of the 500cc engine. The rumoured 410 engine of the Himalayan could also be an option to keep the costs lower than other models which is the forte of Electra.

The new colour's look great and fresh although I wish that they would also look upon increasing the reliability of the parts and lowering the maintenance quotient of the bikes. Nonetheless its a welcome change having more colours than the same old ones since almost a decade now.

Last edited by The Great : 4th January 2016 at 12:58. Reason: Spelling error rectified.
The Great is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 14:49   #4
BHPian

Re: Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options

These look great ! I think the grey Bullet 500 particularly looks superb. Blue on Electra looks classy and the teal (mint) on Classic is a break from the conventional colors seen on REs'. (Reminds me of my old Fiat Palio which had the same color). 1/2 liter on the Electra would be something to behold ! albeit I think the Electra appeals to audiences more so because of it's price. Nonetheless with the launch of the Himalayan and these new colors to their existing line up, RE will certainly add a much needed dosage of freshness to their machines.
RocketRaccoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 14:54   #5
BHPian

This is exactly the kind of "LEAK" I was waiting for. I have been thinking of taking this leap of faith but the reliability part has kept me away from RE. Hopefully, I shall claim my machine very soon.
Old 4th January 2016, 15:51   #6
BHPian

So what happened to the "Forest Ranger" mentioned in this thread?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3866419

Good effort by RE to give prospective owners some variety. Just yesterday, someone I know, was mentioning that everyone now has a bullet and it all looks the same.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 16:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Looks like RE wants to keep their sales registers ringing by allowing prospective buyers to choose from more colours. The new colours sure look refreshing and different. The grey colour on the Bullet 500 reminds me of the Athena grey colour on the erstwhile Bullet CI 500. While the mint colour brings back the memory of Lamby and Vespa's of the 1970's. I have also seen this mint colour on the famous vintage Volkswagen van. I must say RE has selected the colours with some thought process and market tastes.

If the news about the Electra 500 is true then it sounds great. Electra deserves a 500cc engine for what it offers. I would however like it sporting an EFi or a carb to choose from. RE can also consider plonking in the 410cc OHC engine on the Electra and Tbird as these two models have always been a part of RE's experiments. This way RE can try to break away from pushrod and make a transition to OHC while still retaining the old world charm.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 16:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
The grey colour on the Bullet 500 reminds me of the Athena grey colour on the erstwhile Bullet CI 500.
Was of the same thought when I saw this color on the 500. Probably to bring back memories of the CI500 which sold only in grey for a long time.

Here is a picture of the new color in daylight.
Attached Thumbnails
Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-img20151230wa0042.jpg  

tharian is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 20:52   #9
BHPian

I tried looking for the price details on RE website but could not find it. These new colours are indeed tempting and are pulling me towards buying one.
Can somebody please share a link or price list.
Old 4th January 2016, 21:41   #10
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Pics of a Chestnut Red and a Marshall Green Classic 350.
Attached Thumbnails
Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-580372_10204999578618640_8082148042023121570_n.jpg  

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-10371568_10204999578338633_2552426346385489612_n.jpg  

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-1931362_10204999578178629_6655401316749173020_n.jpg  

//M is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 21:53   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Pics of a Chestnut Red and a Marshall Green Classic 350.
I see the silencer is different for both the bikes. The bikes are not out in the market yet, so no chances of customization. Any idea what exactly is the story behind this?
Old 4th January 2016, 22:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
I see the silencer is different for both the bikes. The bikes are not out in the market yet, so no chances of customization. Any idea what exactly is the story behind this?
The long one is the stock muffler the bike is sold with. The short up swept muffler is the aftermarket one sold by RE itself. Been this way from when Classic hit the market.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 23:29   #13
BHPian

Any color additions to the Thunderbird 500?

Just rebooked it yesterday
Old 5th January 2016, 13:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
The Electra has been on sale for ages now. It's just new colours that are being launched here, not a new bike. The two exhausts here are the standard long bottle and off road versions
Urban_Nomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 13:46   #15
Senior - BHPian

Thank you to Sai Krishna for sharing these pictures of the updated Electra and Classic 350! Given that the bikes have already started hitting dealerships, an official announcement can be expected soon.

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-img20160101wa0014.jpg

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-img20160101wa0011.jpg

Leaked! Royal Enfield line-up might get new colour options-img20160101wa0012.jpg

Last edited by Tushar : 5th January 2016 at 13:48.
Tushar is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed