Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2016, 23:20   #16

Re: Review: My Mahindra Mojo!

Congrats SamuraiJack for the Mojo. I am also very impressed by the bike and planning to get one. I recently did a Test drive and was very impressed by the level of comfort. Only deal breaker for me would be the absence of ABS. For a bike thats built for cruising on Highways ABS is must. I have read reviews where people complain about the rear tyre locking up and making the bike unstable. Have you faced any such problems? I will be going for a test drive on highway soon to check this out.

P.S- I tested a bike without dB killers and believe me it sounded nothing less than a Sports Bike. I guess, you must give it a try.
Old 4th March 2016, 10:29   #17
BHPian

>>> until you hear the bike, being a twin, makes it one of a kind, the fit and finish is just great

The bike is a single cylinder right? Just has twin exhausts.

I happened to see the bike in person at the Mahindra Blues festival here in Bandra. Looks much better than it does in the pics, I agree. Gives a nice big-bike feel and even the fit and finish is great.
Old 4th March 2016, 12:14   #18
BANNED

The Mojo is a bike made for India and it has all the ingredients in the right proportions. Torquey and stable it makes a good commuter as well as a tourer.
What is surprising is the number of posts that talk about ABS being an absolute necessity for a tourer. In the same breath they also certify the noisy thumpers as the ultimate tourers. Btw how many Bullet variants have ABS and have they always had ABS?
Do I sense a bit of Mahindra bashing in this forum which is evident in the new Quanto / Nuvosport thread too.
fiestarry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 00:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Understand your concern regarding the bashing. But a legacy is a legacy. The company has stuck around building one of the best bikes in all times in India and is continuing to do so by expanding features and colors to them. Regarding the parts and services I agree that Enfields need to improve by a large margin. But it will always be termed as a masculine bike. It will always raise eyebrows when you reply "I own a Bullet" or "I own a Royal Enfield" compared to "I own a Mojo" or "I have a Mahindra bike".

Of course it sounds great, has enviable parts and stuff, but so did a Micromax smartphone compared to a Samsung or Nexus smartphone.

P.S. Don't get me wrong though. I too will have serious thoughts between the MOJO and the Himalayan. The MOJO is too good to be ignored.

Last edited by Gordon : 7th March 2016 at 00:14.
Gordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 01:39   #20

Not many people driving a RE will look to clock 120+. But MOJO is a bike that's built to cruise way above those speeds. So considering this it should have been equipped with ABS. For a Bullet to sell just the name is enough,and that's not the case with Mojo. To eat into a market with lots of offerings it's necessary too keep up with it. And ABS would have done justice to this awesome machine.

PS- I am a big Mahindra fan. Love their XUV. Scorpio and Thar are already legends.
augustinepaul4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 11:49   #21
BHPian

Congratulations SamuraiJack on the mojo . This bike certainly has that 'big bike' look, and is a worthy alternative to the likes of the CBR250 etc. I do feel that this is one of the more overlooked bikes in it's class and budget - maybe because of the brand that is more known for it's SUV's than 2 wheelers.

Excellent choice.

Ride safe...
Old 7th March 2016, 13:14   #22
BANNED

Any idea of the sales figures of the Mojo in the last few months.
Also, there seems to be no indication of Mahindra selling this countrywide; currently restricted to 5-6 cities only.
Any guesses on Mahindra's gameplan for the mighty Mojo ?
Old 7th March 2016, 13:56   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
Any idea of the sales figures of the Mojo in the last few months.
Also, there seems to be no indication of Mahindra selling this countrywide; currently restricted to 5-6 cities only.
Any guesses on Mahindra's gameplan for the mighty Mojo ?
As of now there are no sales figures available. Maybe the waiting period of Mojo can give us a rough estimate.
They will definitely be relying on this bike as its their flagship model and will definitely have a major gameplan to enter the Market.
Old 7th March 2016, 14:17   #24
BHPian

The bike sales figure for Jan had it at 64 units
Old 9th March 2016, 11:15   #25
BHPian

Well after a test ride, I would rate it as good as any 250cc+ bike. Definitely a tourer, I can live with the brakes, it needs a firmer seat.

Confused between the Mojo and the Thunderbird 500 as I am looking for a long distance tourer under Rs. 200000.

Suggestions people?
Old 9th March 2016, 11:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitc7 View Post
Well after a test ride, I would rate it as good as any 250cc+ bike. Definitely a tourer, I can live with the brakes, it needs a firmer seat.

Confused between the Mojo and the Thunderbird 500 as I am looking for a long distance tourer under Rs. 200000.

Suggestions people?
Well what is the confusion then sir.

Since you test rode the bike's it totally depends on your preference rather than anyone else's opinion.

Both bikes have been deemed as great on their own merits. The Mojo puts a strong case against the TB and the TBTS thread of J. Ravi sir - The Golden Quadrilateral on Thunderbird, ends all criticisms about the ability of the Thunderbird being a reliable tourer.

But ultimately the decision has to be yours on the basis of the test ride.
The Great is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 11:54   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Well what is the confusion then sir.

Both bikes have been deemed as great on their own merits. The Mojo puts a strong case against the TB and the TBTS thread of J. Ravi sir - The Golden Quadrilateral on Thunderbird, ends all criticisms about the ability of the Thunderbird being a reliable tourer.
And that's where the confusion starts. I have 2013 TB350. My heart says a new TB500, but my mind is pushing for the Mojo as a better touring option.

If I just wanted a short distance bike for work (about 150 km round trip on highways), I'd go for the RE Continental GT.
Old 9th March 2016, 14:53   #28
Senior - BHPian

Review: My Mahindra Mojo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitc7 View Post
And that's where the confusion starts. I have 2013 TB350. My heart says a new TB500, but my mind is pushing for the Mojo as a better touring option.
Since you already own a RE will moving up 150cc to a TB500 be much of a meaningful upgrade? How did you find the test ride experience on the TB500? Are you going to retain the TB350 and get the new bike? If so then the Mojo makes better sense as you will have the TB350 when you need it and the novelty factor of owning/trying a new bike which is touted to be equally if not more comfortable tourer than the RE breed.

In case you are trading in the TB350 then you will have to decide if the TB500 would really make a difference and make financial sense or if you would be better off with a slightly more powerful & modern bike like Mojo (and few others in the segment if you have not already tested them). This is purely a decision you have to make based on the usage pattern and since you have TD'd both the bikes and own one TB already, happy choosing!!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 15:38   #29
BHPian

Hearty congratulations on the ownership of this beauty of a machine which, I believe, would be a game changer in the touring scene in the country down the years.

I somehow love the way it looks and white seems to be better at showcasing the design cues than the black, from the pictures. It is the same way I loved the way the Striple looked head on when I looked at it for the first time.
Old 9th March 2016, 23:35   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
How did you find the test ride experience on the TB500?

In case you are trading in the TB350 then you will have to decide if the TB500 would really make a difference and make financial sense or if you would be better off with a slightly more powerful & modern bike like Mojo (and few others in the segment if you have not already tested them).
Let's put it this way the TB350 on it's own is a perfect interstate cruiser and a good city bike, on the other hand TB500 gives you the fizz every time you wring the throttle, it feels like a junior HD Fat Boy (Had one in Egypt). The torque is available quick and low in the rev range. TB350 came to me dirt cheap and new so I took it then, now it's gone.

The Mojo is a demon in a saint's gown, till 6000 rpm everything is civil, after that only expletives escape your mouth. I know Duke, CBR, Ninja are all faster and better made, but tell me when you last had a calm ride on either of them. I'm neigh on 40, so the crotch rockets and aggressive riding postures are out, that's where the Mojo comes in, unless I stretch 3 times to a Triumph Bonneville or like. Everyone buying in the 1.5L to 2.0L range should try the Mojo, it is that good.

And you have an excuse to wear rose tinted glasses, dress up in wide collars, bell bots and say 'groovy baby'! You have the Mojo!

P.S. - Booked the Mojo in Red delivery end-April and bought a TB500
amitc7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks